British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Yeah,,, but if everyone has the vaccine, everyone else will be able to go to pubs and gigs and, cheap holidays around the world, anywhere they like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

I agree that the vaccine should be voluntary.

But I think that those who work in the medical and care professions should have it.

And that it would be reasonable in season for certain “benefits” to accrue only to those who have it, such as being able to travel abroad and attend indoor events, but only until the virus is no more of a threat than flu.

Why are the fit and healthy who are unvaccinated a threat to those that have had the experimental gene therapy ?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

The article is relevant as it shows BBC covered the event. 

Do you accept that the BBC has articles online of stories that are not featured in the TV news?

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Why are the fit and healthy who are unvaccinated a threat to those that have had the experimental gene therapy ?

Incase they infect someone else? ;)

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I agree that the vaccine should be voluntary.

But I think that those who work in the medical and care professions should have it.

And that it would be reasonable in season for certain “benefits” to accrue only to those who have it, such as being able to travel abroad and attend indoor events, but only until the virus is no more of a threat than flu.

Are you saying make it compulsory for this section of the population?

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Because on current evidence there is a chance that they could be in the five day pre-symptomatic stage and that the unvaccinated are likely to have a higher viral load and be more likely to be able to transmit it.

The risk to the vaccinated is that 5% of them can still have suffer a serious illness or death, although of course both are highly unlikely unless they are old, ill or fat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Because on current evidence there is a chance that they could be in the five day pre-symptomatic stage and that the unvaccinated are likely to have a higher viral load and be more likely to be able to transmit it.

The risk to the vaccinated is that 5% of them can still have suffer a serious illness or death, although of course both are highly unlikely unless they are old, ill or fat.

This could turn into a Fatty and Skinny war.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, dj350z said:

Are you saying make it compulsory for this section of the population?

If I had to choose yes or no I would choose “yes, make it compulsory for anyone having face to face dealings with patients or residents who are over the age of 60, regardless of PPE”.

I would not make it compulsory for medical staff who deal only with children.

The conscientious objectors could take a year or two out while we get on top of Covid or be allocated non-patient facing roles.

Edited by DC2

1 hour ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

:D

Not your slant on things then?

Good description though, but I'd have said 'under the bed' rather than 'in the basement'.

I notice you avoided the 'miniscule minority' question.

I wonder why that would be? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DC2 said:

But why are the vaccinated at risk if the experimental gene therapies work ? Do your glasses not work properly if i don't wear mine...:D

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

But why are the vaccinated at risk if the experimental gene therapies work ? Do your glasses not work properly if i don't wear mine...:D

They have 90 to 95% efficacy.

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

They have 90 to 95% efficacy.

A healthy immune system is over 99% efficient...:D

Some people say Government experts should always be trusted, because they are very very clever...:rofl:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Blupanther said:

A healthy immune system is over 99% efficient...:D

Yeah, but how many suffer from immunocompromise?,,, (in %).

Edited by ruffdiamond

6 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Some people say Government experts should always be trusted, because they are very very clever...:rofl:

You know when he's lying,,, his lips move. ;)

• Like 2