British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Do you accept that the BBC has articles online of stories that are not featured in the TV news?

I have no idea. I don't watch every news bulletin and I only looked at that BBC news site to see if anything was there, which it was. However, I saw the attack on the police on the tv since Mrs B and I had a chat about it at the time.

If there's one thing I do remember it's chats about current affairs with Mrs B - that's not her favourite subject.

The Indian variant is going to be used as the reason why restrictions can't be lifted on June 21st, yet...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

There is an article by Jaenish and Young from The Massachusetts Institute of Technology that suggests this issue is not so clear cut. We know of viral oncogenes involved in diseases already. 
It is too early to be dogmatic either way. mRNA vaccines have not been trialled for long enough to be sure. 

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

A healthy immune system is over 99% efficient...:D

Not everyone has a perfectly healthy immune system ,  partly because like other parts of the body it deteriorates after the age of about 50,  partly because some people have inherited immune deficiencies,  and partly because some people suffer sleep depravation due to work, social conditions or insomnia , and sleep depravation has a significant effect on the immune system. 

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

I agree that the vaccine should be voluntary.

But I think that those who work in the medical and care professions should have it.

And that it would be reasonable in season for certain “benefits” to accrue only to those who have it, such as being able to travel abroad and attend indoor events, but only until the virus is no more of a threat than flu.

In my view, this winter it would be acceptable for some pubs etc to allow only the vaccinated access.

I can’t agree with any of that. 
Covid is less of a threat than influenza for the fit and healthy under 60. Children are bullet proof. 
To restrict lifestyle on basis of jab is the very covert compulsion that the Nuremberg code and ECHR forbids, and should be legally challenged. 
If this becomes policy, where does it end? Restricted travel based on BMI or diabetic control ? No gym access if your BP is too high ? 
Civil liberties and freedom of choice would be sacrificed on the altar of public health hysteria...

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

There is an article by Jaenish and Young from The Massachusetts Institute of Technology that suggests this issue is not so clear cut. We know of viral oncogenes involved in diseases already. 
It is too early to be dogmatic either way. mRNA vaccines have not been trialled for long enough to be sure. 

Well, to put it at its lowest we can say that it is a complex issue that is not clear cut. Certainly it is a bit of scaremongering to peddle the idea that as a fact it is experimental gene therapy.

• Like 3

Just now, E I Addio said:

Not everyone has a perfectly healthy immune system ,  partly because like other parts of the body it deteriorates after the age of about 50,  partly because some people have inherited immune deficiencies,  and partly because some people suffer sleep depravation due to work, social conditions or insomnia , and sleep depravation has a significant effect on the immune system. 

That's a personal choice people make, all the conditions you mention are linked to unhealthy lifestyles and deficiencies. Bad food and bad pharma equals bad health...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

That's a personal choice people make, all the conditions you mention are linked to unhealthy lifestyles and deficiencies. Bad food and bad pharma equals bad health...

Most people  have unhealthy lifestyles , particularly those whose sleep is reduced for whatever reason.  Most of the bodys functions start to deteriorate from around the age of 50 ish, arthritis even younger. Are you suggesting that everyone should have an immune system check before they fly because some unvaccinated passenger is sitting next to them ? Ultimately the pilot has responsibility for  the aircraft and its passengers. If someone  develops a cold on the morning of the flight the pilot can refuse to take them .

Moreover , most people over the age of 50 deem themselves to be perfectly fit when they are not.

15 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Well, to put it at its lowest we can say that it is a complex issue that is not clear cut. Certainly it is a bit of scaremongering to peddle the idea that as a fact it is experimental gene therapy.

Agreed.

That cuts both ways...it’s probably safe, we just don’t know and can’t be sure. Therefore vaccinating those at risk is sensible, jabbing those at negligible risk from Covid, when there may be safety issues now ( clots, myocarditis, neurological adverse events ) and maybe in future...is bonkers. 
We do not insist that everyone gets influenza vaccination, this should be no different, but politically it has become. Pitting one section of society against another, is scurrilous, now I wonder who tried that before...... 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Most people  have unhealthy lifestyles , particularly those whose sleep is reduced for whatever reason.  Most of the bodys functions start to deteriorate from around the age of 50 ish, arthritis even younger. Are you suggesting that everyone should have an immune system check before they fly because some unvaccinated passenger is sitting next to them ? Ultimately the pilot has responsibility for  the aircraft and its passengers. If someone  develops a cold on the morning of the flight the pilot can refuse to take them .

Moreover , most people over the age of 50 deem themselves to be perfectly fit when they are not.

Not suggesting anything of the sort. people make their own choices and must deal with the consequences of their actions. If only people maintained their bodies as well as they do their cars...:)

30 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Agreed.

That cuts both ways...it’s probably safe, we just don’t know and can’t be sure. Therefore vaccinating those at risk is sensible, jabbing those at negligible risk from Covid, when there may be safety issues now ( clots, myocarditis, neurological adverse events ) and maybe in future...is bonkers. 
We do not insist that everyone gets influenza vaccination, this should be no different, but politically it has become. Pitting one section of society against another, is scurrilous, now I wonder who tried that before...... 

One section  of society is being pitted against another already quite separate from anything to do with   Covid. 

4 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

I have.

I notice you ignore the post highlighting the next signpost along the way.

Of course. We are all ignoring your scare tactics. You try to say others are bed wetters, but we ain’t bothered, no matter what you post on here from strange groups. I had a pretty good day so far, even if I have stopped at all the red lights and followed the arrows :party:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Not suggesting anything of the sort. people make their own choices and must deal with the consequences of their actions. If only people maintained their bodies as well as they do their cars...:)

Something here we can probably agree on then ;-

Waking up to the importance of sleep - Bing video

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Where's the 'miniscule minority' question? The question you did 'ask' is rhetorical.

'Othering.

Not a scholar of history are you?'

is the post I answered.

3 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

I notice you avoided the 'miniscule minority' question.

I wonder why that would be? 

Is in an amended post, the amendment being made after I'd quoted your post and replied.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 1