British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I’m still not sure how they went from “there’s no evidence that masks work” to “you must wear a mask to walk from the pub door to your table”?

Christ, desperate times when you are answering your own post.

Edit: or did you forget to use your multiple?

Edited by Diamondboy
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

I've lost multiple colleagues in India to Covid, and heard some absolute horror stories over the past weeks (e.g.  losing their wife and daughter, parents and brother etc). Similarly I know personally people in Brazil who have lost loved ones to this.

It's beyond words that people are still trying to claim that covid is not deadly...

Who’s trying to claim that?

It’s obviously a dangerous disease for the vulnerable.

But the article is about last month’s low number of deaths.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

I've lost multiple colleagues in India to Covid, and heard some absolute horror stories over the past weeks (e.g.  losing their wife and daughter, parents and brother etc). Similarly I know personally people in Brazil who have lost loved ones to this.

It's beyond words that people are still trying to claim that covid is not deadly...

I get what you're saying, but is it 'of' or 'with'?,,, I personally know 2 guys that have 'officially' died from covid, both with seriously underlying health status,,, one guy had been fighting cancer for 7 years and the other, had been fighting obesity for as long as I knew him, so at least 30 years. Food for thought. 

38 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Who claimed that exactly ? The article concerns the UK, not Brazil and India...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Who claimed that exactly ? The article concerns the UK, not Brazil and India...:rolleyes:

Your words were "deadly pandemic my azz"...or have you forgotten you said that?

Not surprising uk deaths are down...people are staying home, so death by accident is down, transmission of other virusses/infections are down etc

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I get what you're saying, but is it 'of' or 'with'?,,, I personally know 2 guys that have 'officially' died from covid, both with seriously underlying health status,,, one guy had been fighting cancer for 7 years and the other, had been fighting obesity for as long as I knew him, so at least 30 years. Food for thought. 

In the cases i know, it is "of" not "with." I'm not talking here official reported status, but talking with people i deal with on a daily basis and loved ones they have lost..not to say there were not underlying conditions that may have made them succeptible, but we are talking generally healthy people.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Not surprising uk deaths are down...people are staying home, so death by accident is down, transmission of other virusses/infections are down etc

Can you provide a link please that gob.poop DC2 said that?

Edited by Diamondboy

6 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Can you provide a link please that gob.poop DC2 said that?

It was Blu and i quoted it about five posts up?

33 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

No they are not, what a ridiculous thing to say, obviously the brainwashing has reached your part of the globe. How on earth can the UK currently be in a pandemic when death rates are at an all time low...:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

In the cases i know, it is "of" not "with." I'm not talking here official reported status, but talking with people i deal with on a daily basis and loved ones they have lost..not to say there were not underlying conditions that may have made them succeptible, but we are talking generally healthy people.

Sounds like BS to me, if you have underlying problems you are not healthy...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Against that, neither I nor anyone in my family of 27 people know a single person who has died with Covid.

But, of course, we can’t assess the level of a disease purely on our own experiences.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Against that, neither I nor anyone in my family of 27 people know a single person who has died with Covid.

But, of course, we can’t assess the level of a disease purely on our own experiences.

I've heard second hand of people who have had Covid also one or two who have died but I also don't know anyone directly who has had it or died of it.

Similarly, after reluctantly taking a vaccine shot my attention was drawn to the horror stories and consequences of that action that I read online. However, I don't know anyone who's had the jab and had anything more than a day or two discomfort at worst. If you were look at Toby Young's Lockdown Sceptics you'd think that people would generally be keeling over after leaving the vaccination centre or needing a GP appointment PDQ!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

A deadly pandemic my azz...

Any chance of the link please. There's no date on this.

13 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Any chance of the link please. There's no date on this.

Telegraph is subscription only, but the date is on there in this screenshot 

Screenshot_20210520-224347.png

• Thanks 3