British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

It’s all available online if you dig deep enough...

Post of the year.........:rofl::rofl:

5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

It’s all available online if you dig deep enough...

Yeah, but some stats added to the quote would have given it some perspective rather than just a bold sensationalist headline hoping it'll make his point.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Yeah, but some stats added to the quote would have given it some perspective rather than just a bold sensationalist headline trying to make his point.

As a doctor that might have been a no go for him. There is a good breakdown of stats on Godfrey Blooms website, which are provided by doctors...

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

PCR test scamdemic in plain sight on the NHS website...

90% plus for old people and pre-existing conditions has been the case since the start of the pandemic but neither the government nor Sage wanted to admit it until last September.

It was one of those annoying statistics that undermined the “Coronavirus does not discriminate” message and project fear!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

As a doctor that might have been a no go for him. There is a good breakdown of stats on Godfrey Blooms website, which are provided by doctors...

A doctor of what though? He could be a Doctor of Philosophy, a Doctor of Divinity? In which case it wouldn't be a 'no go' for him - probably not a 'no go' even if he's an MD as long as he isn't patient specific.

As I said, I don't doubt the statement, some added statistical information would have been good.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It's obvious that a degree of people in hospital will have had the jab, because the vulnerable and the elderly have had the jab and are also the most likely to end up in hospital.

It's straight forward common sense to assume that, as the vaccine is not 100% efficacy, some people will still end up in hospital, and they will be elderly or vulnerable people. So they will have had the jab.

Shall I post it on Twitter so that I can copy and paste it here? Does that make it more factual?

That’s not the point that was being made though.

The point was that Hancock said that the fact that the majority in hospital in Bolton (6 out of 9?) hadn’t had the jab was evidence of “vaccination hesitancy” and the fact that people should have it.

This story counters that argument.

And is also logical, as you point out.

34 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

I don't doubt that statement but I'd love to see a list of these pre-existing conditions and I wonder what percentage of the adult population in England have a 'pre-existing condition' of some sort anyway.

We had this a couple of months ago:

to qualify as a pre-existing condition doesn’t it have to be mentioned on the death certificate?

Effectively as a contributory cause.

Not just the fact that someone was a long suffering eczema case that had no bearing on the cause of death.

I recall that it is the ONS that refers to this in their figures.

Edited by DC2

7 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

A doctor of what though? He could be a Doctor of Philosophy, a Doctor of Divinity? In which case it wouldn't be a 'no go' for him - probably not a 'no go' even if he's an MD as long as he isn't patient specific.

As I said, I don't doubt the statement, some added statistical information would have been good.

Does that matter, I’m sure he has the ability to read NHS stats...

• Like 1

Just now, Blupanther said:

Does that matter, I’m sure he has the ability to read NHS stats...

Apparently you can’t do that unless you’re an “expert”.  :D

However, it’s been patently obvious to me that there have been numerous occasions over the last year when I have read the stats but even Whitty and Vallance have not (let alone the politicians and journalists).

That’s what’s so frustrating for Carl Heneghan too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Apparently you can’t do that unless you’re an “expert”.  :D

However, it’s been patently obvious to me that there have been numerous occasions over the last year when I have read the stats but even Whitty and Vallance have not (let alone the politicians and journalists).

That’s what’s so frustrating for Carl Heneghan too.

Outliers not following the agenda are not allowed to dine at the table...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

:rofl:

A keep thinking of the Francis Bigby line from Trainspotting,,, but don't know how to post stuff like that.  ;)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DC2 said:

That’s not the point that was being made though.

The point was that Hancock said that the fact that the majority in hospital in Bolton (6 out of 9?) hadn’t had the jab was evidence of “vaccination hesitancy” and the fact that people should have it.

This story counters that argument.

And is also logical, as you point out.

Surely the fact that some variant is supposedly rampant through Bolton yet only 9 people in hospital is evidence enough that people should have the vaccine.

• Like 2

Second jab today...done and dusted! :t:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Surely the fact that some variant is supposedly rampant through Bolton yet only 9 people in hospital is evidence enough that people should have the vaccine.

Or that “cases” don’t make hospitalisations or deaths, especially out of season and especially in the under 40s!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Second jab today...done and dusted! :t:

Only a few months to wait before you can get the third...:)

• Haha 1