British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Assisted Dying Bill going through Parliament.

No opinion either way just....................

Why now?

• Like 1

Hands up if you thought celebs did it for the greater good...

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

Why now?

Does it cover,,, err a can't be bothered?

11 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Why now?

Because it's about 100 years too late already?

• Like 1

Six months ago several on here were claiming that cancer patients were still being seen on time by the NHS and there wasn’t a problem;

well, here’s the truth:

“Experts have warned that Britain is at risk of replacing the Covid crisis with a cancer crisis because of the number of people missing urgent checks since the pandemic began, according to the Daily Telegraph. In the 12 months to March, 304,555 fewer patients in England were given an urgent hospital referral by their GP because of suspected cancer, says the paper.”  BBC

33 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Six months ago several on here were claiming that cancer patients were still being seen on time by the NHS and there wasn’t a problem;

well, here’s the truth:

“Experts have warned that Britain is at risk of replacing the Covid crisis with a cancer crisis because of the number of people missing urgent checks since the pandemic began, according to the Daily Telegraph. In the 12 months to March, 304,555 fewer patients in England were given an urgent hospital referral by their GP because of suspected cancer, says the paper.”  BBC

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but, to me, that says people missed urgent checks because their GPs didn't refer them. If they weren't referred, they wouldn't have been seen.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

well, here’s the truth:

27 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but, to me, that says people missed urgent checks because their GPs didn't refer them. If they weren't referred, they wouldn't have been seen.

Some of that surely is down to lack of access to GP'S,  doesn't change the fact that it is shocking though. 

Just to add my brother was diagnosed in August last year and had brilliant treatment up until his death,  my brother in law was diagnosed just before Christmas and has been having treatment since,  and obviously I highlighted Sophie Blake's journey on this very thread.

Two weeks after 73,000 boxing fans attended the indoors Canelo Alvarez fight in Arlington Texas, cases continue to fall...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Badge said:

Some of that surely is down to lack of access to GP'S,  doesn't change the fact that it is shocking though. 

Just to add my brother was diagnosed in August last year and had brilliant treatment up until his death,  my brother in law was diagnosed just before Christmas and has been having treatment since,  and obviously I highlighted Sophie Blake's journey on this very thread.

Undoubtedly for many, but the bit in DC2's post says GPs didn't refer them which suggests the ones in question did get access to a GP.

It's a very unclear statement imo.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DC2 said:

Except Long Covid is neither necessarily long nor serious and its symptom list is so long it could cover almost anything.

My original post on the subject today was to show that of the alleged 1.1 million sufferers, only about 7% still had it after a year.

And of course it would be interesting to compare it with ME.

Have the usual ME numbers appeared this year or have they been classed as “Long Covid”?

Other than that I accept that Covid can affect some people for a considerable length of time.

In your OPINION.

7% of 1.1 million people is 77,000 people. I'd say that was pretty serious, and that's in MY opinion which I happily put my hands up to.  If only you could do the same.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

well, here’s the truth:

I can from personal experience tell you that, that is correct.  Well it was in the case I'm referring to, thank the lord.  I won't post any more detailed personal information on here though so please don't ask.

Isn't it funny how you post all sorts of things on here from the media saying it's not true, things are being exaggerated or it's all lies etc. etc., however when something meets or agrees with your agenda all of a sudden extracts from the very same sources must be true!!!!!  :nono:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Why now?

Which Bill are they assisting ? Gates or Clinton ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

I can from personal experience tell you that, that is correct.  Well it was in the case I'm referring to, thank the lord.  I won't post any more detailed personal information on here though so please don't ask.

Isn't it funny how you post all sorts of things on here from the media saying it's not true, things are being exaggerated or it's all lies etc. etc., however when something meets or agrees with your agenda all of a sudden extracts from the very same sources must be true!!!!!  :nono:

Or it just that I can readily accept the bleedin obvious - that Covid caused hospitals to treat fewer cancer patients and the figures prove that - while you prefer to contradict that by relying on one anecdotal case?  :D