British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

If the Twitter babe had bothered to check her facts she would have seen the on the day she posted it, new cases had increased by 50% from the previous week , up from 8877 to 12049:, as at 7th June .Meanwhile the neighbouring state of Georgia which has removed its restrictions much more cautiously and slowly was down by about 50 % from 3569 to 2556. 

I’ll just mention two general reasons why “cases” or more accurately “positive test results” are not an accurate measure of the incidence of active infection at any given time and consequently are not a good way of comparing different regions:

1. different labs use different cycle thresholds, ranging from 25 to 45, producing low or high numbers of “cases”;

2. the ONS says that the UK government daily published figure for “cases” represents somewhere between 30% and 10% of actual cases, because, of course, for a variety of reasons not every infected person comes forward for testing.

Hospitalisations and Deaths are more accurate measures for making a comparison.

Posted (edited)

Hancock still being grilled by the select committee.

Apparently 25,000 hospital patients were discharged into care homes last Spring without being tested first simply because our initial PCR testing capacity was inadequate, at only 1,000 a day, rising to 1,500 on 25 March.

Given that Hancock admitted that the government knew in January that Covid primarily killed older people you would have thought testing dischargees to care homes would have been a priority and that our testing capacity should have been ramped up in February.

He also revealed the extent of the “protective ring” that he put around care homes:

a letter of advice on 25 February!

Financial support and PPE then followed after the event.

Edited by DC2

Record high hospital waiting list in England as 5.1m need treatment (msn.com)

So that is currently over 374,000 people waiting for treatment who would have normally been in anything ranging from less discomfort to not dying so early in normal circumstances. But they should be discounted because every one of the daily 1 to 15 people dying of covid is a personal tragedy as is every one of the 900 needing hospital treatment. As I said earlier it all has to be put into perspective.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Hancock still being grilled by the select committee.

Apparently 25,000 hospital patients were discharged into care homes last Spring without being tested first simply because our initial PCR testing capacity was inadequate, at only 1,000 a day, rising to 1,500 on 25 March.

Given that Hancock admitted that the government knew in January that Covid primarily killed older people you would have thought testing dischargees to care homes would have been a priority and that our testing capacity should have been ramped up in February.

He also revealed the extent of the “protective ring” that he put around care homes:

a letter of advice on 25 February!

Financial support and PPE then followed after the event.

So, do you mean that the 'protective ring',,, was actually just a circular?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

So, do you mean that the 'protective ring',,, was actually just a circular?

I think he rang them too.  :D

• Haha 1

Hancock on 21 June release date:

”We are watching the hospitalisation data like a hawk, albeit there is a lag, but actual data is better than modelling”.

There you are, he’s nailed his colours to the mast and we can all watch the hospitalisation data to make sure he makes the right decision.

Presumably the Deaths figures will be helpful too!

8 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I think he rang them too.  :D

A wasn't actually taking the p!ss,,, was asking if the protection was a in the form of a letter?

BBC on Hancock this morning:

He says he asked for a "reasonable worst case scenario" and was given a planning assumption based on the Spanish Flu. He says this assumption had 820,000 deaths, and he was not happy with that.

"In the middle of February the scientific advice confirmed that the reasonable worst case scenario could be taken as red, that it was as bad as Spanish Flu". 

"On the week beginning the 9 March, the data started following the reasonable worst case scenario," he adds.

Posted (edited)

Hancock:

Indian Variant now comprises 91% of all new cases.

Vaccine “ineffectiveness” against the Indian variant is “statistically insignificant” compared to their original stated efficacy.

There you have it, nothing to worry about!

Edited by DC2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

I’ll just mention two general reasons why “cases” or more accurately “positive test results” are not an accurate measure of the incidence of active infection at any given time and consequently are not a good way of comparing different regions:

1. different labs use different cycle thresholds, ranging from 25 to 45, producing low or high numbers of “cases”;

2. the ONS says that the UK government daily published figure for “cases” represents somewhere between 30% and 10% of actual cases, because, of course, for a variety of reasons not every infected person comes forward for testing.

Also, they have started doing on-the-spot testing in the highest hit areas, which will always push the results up.

The figure I have used as a comparison from the start has been the "Deaths per million" figure.

At one time, we were one of the worst in the world on this with a number in the 1800's. I think only Belgium had a higher figure in Europe and then, maybe, USA and Brazil worldwide.

Now, we are still in the 1800's, and there are a lot of countries above us with others getting close. Central and Eastern Europe seems particularly high these day, with numbers in the 2000's.

• Like 1

Watched Hancock's evidence for 10 minutes. The lies drip out of his cakehole so smoothly. Fortunately a doctor who's father died in a care home ripped him a new one in short order.

According to him 1.6% of care home deaths were due to hospital release into the homes, the rest were the staff infecting the residents.

The 'nowt to do with me guv' defence.

The man is utter scum and hopefully he will get his, in whatever form that takes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Watched Hancock's evidence for 10 minutes. The lies drip out of his cakehole so smoothly. Fortunately a doctor who's father died in a care home ripped him a new one in short order.

According to him 1.6% of care home deaths were due to hospital release into the homes, the rest were the staff infecting the residents.

The 'nowt to do with me guv' defence.

The man is utter scum and hopefully he will get his, in whatever form that takes.

Well,,, if the 'protective ring around care homes', was in the form of a piece of printed A4, a hope some wake up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

But you can compare the week to week numbers from the same State, as they will be using the same labs and the same cycle threshold

As it is, Blu posts a load of old tosh

I did see this happened in Texas though. Guess Blu will wet his bed just reading it

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/houston-hospital-suspends-178-employees-who-refused-covid-19-vaccine-n1270261

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Now trying to use the excuse of a huge backlog of NHS treatment to justify further lockdowns... :rolleyes:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/number-of-people-waiting-for-routine-hospital-treatment-rises-to-record-high-kbp5zd6zq

The funny thing is, and it keeps me happy at times, is, and I have said it before, those who were crying out about 'taking back control' and giving it to ' politicians we have voted in and can vote out' are now crying about how politicians are 'controlling us' it is all about control they shriek !!! Well who were the ones who gave them the slap on the back and said 'do your best' ? :D

At least now the global conspiracy is turning out to be a UK based one and the rest of the world is getting on with things and as ever saying ' those crazy Brits' :drink: 

• Haha 1