British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

12 hours ago, Crumpet85 said:

If you watch the news on TV you’re in a deadly pandemic. If you don’t it’s Thursday.

100% - have had a lovely week in Cornwall visiting beaches , castles , pubs and restaurants , travelling on boats and trains and other attractions indoor and out

• Like 3

Something I found in an idle moment surfing the net yesterday:-

'The immune system and microbial infection

The immune system keeps a record of every microbe it has ever defeated, in types of white blood cells (B- and T-lymphocytes) known as memory cells. This means it can recognise and destroy the microbe quickly if it enters the body again, before it can multiply and make you feel sick.

Some infections, like the flu and the common cold, have to be fought many times because so many different viruses or strains of the same type of virus can cause these illnesses. Catching a cold or flu from one virus does not give you immunity against the others.'

Isn't Coronavirus in there somewhere?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Isn't Coronavirus in there somewhere?

Coronaviruses are common as muck and have been around for ever, just that the press seem to use that and covid as if they are the same thing.

On another subject I find it strange how the attitude to wearing masks seems to be so different from place to place. Went for a meal in a local pub Saturday and saw maybe 3 people all evening wearing a mask. Today about 1/4 of a mile from the pub went to a garden centre/ hardware shop and nearly everybody had a mask on. The garage I go in every night it is now a rarity to see a mask. No idea what makes the difference.

• Like 1

Pass the buck and responsibility onto employers as usual:

‘Good idea’ for companies to insist staff are fully vaccinated, says Grant Shapps

Transport secretary says he expects UK firms will require employees to be double-jabbed.

• Like 3

Just now, dj350z said:

‘Good idea’ for companies to insist staff are fully vaccinated, says Grant Shapps

Transport secretary says he expects UK firms will require employees to be double-jabbed.

Why is that passing the buck.?  When it was the law do to certain things there was moans. Now it’s “Do the sensible thing” there are still moaners.

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Why is that passing the buck.?  When it was the law do to certain things there was moans. Now it’s “Do the sensible thing” there are still moaners.

Why not make it the employers responsibly to safeguard they're workers, even when travelling to and from work? ;)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Are you saying I was moaning then? Do you know me?

And what happens when an employee refuses to get vaccinated? What does the company do then? Disciplinary action? Then maybe industrial tribunal? 

Edited by dj350z

46 minutes ago, Vince said:

Coronaviruses are common as muck and have been around for ever, just that the press seem to use that and covid as if they are the same thing.

On another subject I find it strange how the attitude to wearing masks seems to be so different from place to place. Went for a meal in a local pub Saturday and saw maybe 3 people all evening wearing a mask. Today about 1/4 of a mile from the pub went to a garden centre/ hardware shop and nearly everybody had a mask on. The garage I go in every night it is now a rarity to see a mask. No idea what makes the difference.

those that watch the BBC and those that don't

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, dj350z said:

So they legislate that carers have to be vaccinated,

but they expect other areas to enter into consultation with employees and then change their contract of employment, because its a good idea

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dj350z said:

Tbh I had a colleague say to me the other day, he couldn't understand why our employer hadn't asked or checked up on who was vaccinated......:blink:

27 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

We know

We do

But then you get all upset and quote yourself a couple of hours later asking why nobody has made a comment :rofl:

• Haha 2

This has just appeared on my Twitter feed, and I know Iris has posted similar but as it keeps being posted,  as proof pcr tests are  not fit for purpose,  this contradicts that misinformation 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2