British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 minute ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Dog Walkers Have Increased Risk of Contracting COVID-19, According to Study – NBC Boston

Coronavirus: Dog walkers more likely to catch infection (yahoo.com)

Dog owners who walk pooches at higher risk of contracting COVID-19 (nypost.com)

Yes, it was November.

Just a selection of articles on that very subject. Maybe the Government looked at the heading and took it as gospel which wouldn't be unprecedented as this forum shows.

Rather like Sage and masks.  Which headline are they reading this week?  :D

14 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No, it’s not over a year old. From memory, it was last November.

The day you and Iris quote the government and point out their error is the day I’ll accept you as being unbiased and rational.

Until then you’re either brainwashed or propagandists.  :D

A totally pointless exercise. I have no alternative but to follow the laws and guidelines set whether I agree with them or not. Pointing out anything I disagree with is pointless and I lack the inclination to trawl the net looking for 'facts' that might back any disagreement I may have.

Each to their own. But like I asked a couple of times some time back and have yet to get an answer, other than posting on the forum of a minority sport, what have you done to show your disapproval and where has it got you?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

The thrust of that article: “When Dr Elisabeth Bik raised serious concerns about the methodology of a paper that claimed hydroxychloroquine was effective in treating Covid-19, the online trolling was relentless.”

Now perhaps as proof of your claim to be even-handed rather than a lockdown luvvy you can quote your posts decrying the establishment’s response to the eminent scientists behind the Great Barrington Declaration or Carl Heneghan’s desire for “evidence based” medicine?

No the thrust of that article is the concerns raised were ignored plus her details were put online for every nutter to troll her

At least it might explain where you and Blu have been lately B)

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

The thrust of that article: “When Dr Elisabeth Bik raised serious concerns about the methodology of a paper that claimed hydroxychloroquine was effective in treating Covid-19, the online trolling was relentless.”

Now perhaps as proof of your claim to be even-handed rather than a lockdown luvvy you can quote your posts decrying the establishment’s response to the eminent scientists behind the Great Barrington Declaration or Carl Heneghan’s desire for “evidence based” medicine?

Oh no !  Who are you ?   :o

29 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

A totally pointless exercise. I have no alternative but to follow the laws and guidelines set whether I agree with them or not. Pointing out anything I disagree with is pointless and I lack the inclination to trawl the net looking for 'facts' that might back any disagreement I may have.

Each to their own. But like I asked a couple of times some time back and have yet to get an answer, other than posting on the forum of a minority sport, what have you done to show your disapproval and where has it got you?

Regardless of whether you have no choice but to accept and obey the law you can still cast a critical eye over the government rather than solely focus your criticism on those who question the government.

Whether criticism should then be measured in some way to decide whether it’s worthwhile is as pointless as questioning any other aspect of how one leads one’s life.

95% of people in supermarkets still wear masks. I don’t. Some no doubt will think me selfish, others might be encouraged to be a little braver and not wear them next time. Where has that got me?  Only being happy with myself.

10 minutes ago, iris123 said:

No the thrust of that article is the concerns raised were ignored plus her details were put online for every nutter to troll her

At least it might explain where you and Blu have been lately B)

I’ve been in Spain, and indeed wearing sunglasses. B)  :D

No idea about Blu, but hope he’s well and sticking to his anti-establishment agenda.

Senator Malcolm Roberts is a diamond.

• Thanks 2

The scam is falling apart. We tried to warn you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No idea about Blu, but hope he’s well and sticking to his anti-establishment agenda.

Here he is, right on cue!!  :)

18 minutes ago, Crumpet85 said:

Senator Malcolm Roberts is a diamond.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Gibraltar has a statistically 100% vaccine rate, but the US government just added it to their "very high risk" travel destinations. :rofl:

ImageImage

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

I’ve been in Spain, and indeed wearing sunglasses. B)  :D

...personally I don't think that it has anything to do with being anti-establishment. He just likes to contradict and appear contrary to any given subject whether it be climate change, covid or Trump so as to create an impression of being well versed with an opposite view whether proven or not. I've worked with people who just wish to be different for no other reason than to be confrontational and end up being isolated as their views become disembodied by those around them. I'm all for people having their own opinions but one does have to sit back occasionally and re-analysis one's thoughts now and again.

034a789d6565954f.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

034a789d6565954f.jpeg

I hear playing the yellow card is the new race card :rofl:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/04/fit-and-healthy-man-42-from-southport-who-rejected-vaccine-dies-of-covid

Ok they say he was very fit, but who knows ? B)

I mean that Crumpet posted something supposedly comparing a fit bodybuilder with a tubby bloke. But when you look at the number of young fit bodybuilders that die, then looks are often deceiving, I guess

But we did have a report on tv at the weekend which said around 500 athletes in Germany are suffering with long Covid. One or two have had to give up their careers. One top Doc stated that he expected most to be back to fitness within 6 months. But some obviously will take longer

Steffi Kriegerstein was the main case they showed. She had to drop out of the Olympics after being infected with Covid last December

Edited by iris123