British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Tried it and people just ignored. Same as in Germany. I mean a lot of people ignored the rules, let alone the recommendations. U fortunately you just can’t appeal to people’s better nature or common sense in many countries

Think they announced over €4 mill in Covid fines just in Hamburg 

From Humph’s Independent link above:

“Controversial £10,000 on-the-spot fines for organising banned “large gatherings” during the coronavirus pandemic should not have been introduced, MPs have said.  Parliament’s Justice Committee warned that the penalties must not be brought back if an increase in Covid cases sparks further restrictions.“

19 minutes ago, DC2 said:

But life expectancy is not the way to do that.

Excess deaths is the way. 

Although they would have to be fairly presented (against say both a five year average and a thirty year one, and, to assess “unprecedentedness”, against the worst year in say the last fifty) and they would have to have a standardised definition of say “within 28 days of a positive test with a ct no higher than 30 and being the primary cause of death as certified by a physician who had treated the deceased”.

17 hours ago, iris123 said:

Wonder what this was then ?

Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven announced Thursday that high schools would switch to distance learning beginning Monday through early January to slow the rate of COVID-19 infections in the country. 

Lofven made the announcement at a Stockholm news conference alongside Swedish Education Minister Anna Ekstrom. He said he hoped the move would have a “breaking effect” on the rate of COVID-19 infections.

My personal experience, through my grandchildren was, this was a recommendation, their schools did not close.

The remote learning was done on a rotational basis, with one week in three being in school the other two from home. This meant with three classes in the year, the school was open throughout.

3 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

My personal experience, through my grandchildren was, this was a recommendation, their schools did not close.

The remote learning was done on a rotational basis, with one week in three being in school the other two from home. This meant with three classes in the year, the school was open throughout.

I suppose it's how one interprets that. To me, that means that pupils attended school as normal not one week in three. My own grandkids attended school throughout, being kids of essential workers - an ICU ward sister and in the flight industry - but never had lessons as such with kids of all ages in together. But because of that, some 'schools were open throughout'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

I suppose it's how one interprets that. To me, that means that pupils attended school as normal not one week in three. My own grandkids attended school throughout, being kids of essential workers - an ICU ward sister and in the flight industry - but never had lessons as such with kids of all ages in together. But because of that, some 'schools were open throughout'.

The remote learning only affected the 14 year old class, this was because of staffing levels. The younger children had normal schooling

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

When are the Tories simply going to end the testing racket for travellers? Lateral flow tests are nearly useless... 

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/grant-shapps-lidl-lateral-flow-test-b1926141.html

Yes, there’s no sense at all in the government’s testing policy for travellers.

It made good sense to do PCR tests on Day Two, but only if they were compulsory, enforced and done by the government’s testing centres.

And, in the interests of goodwill between the public and the government, done free of charge.

Instead they’ve replaced PCR tests with lateral flow ones, which were found to be only 50% accurate at picking up positives when done at home by ordinary people without any training.

So new variants will be less likely to be detected, much less likely to have their prevalence assessed and much more likely to infect numerous people.

The government’s handling of Covid has been incompetent.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

It made good sense to do PCR tests on Day Two, but only if they were compulsory, enforced and done by the government’s testing centres.

And, in the interests of goodwill between the public and the government, done free of charge.

Instead they’ve replaced PCR tests with lateral flow ones, which were found to be only 50% accurate at picking up positives when done at home by ordinary people without any training.

So new variants will be less likely to be detected, much less likely to have their prevalence assessed and much more likely to infect numerous people.

LFT tests are easy if done at home, just put five drops of the liquid in the test and you get a negative result, doesn't have to be anywhere near your mouth or nose

Just be patient comrades...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

My granddaughter must be one of the 50% then, she's 13 btw, because her lateral flow test was positive Thursday,  and so was her pcr test. 

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Was talking to a young lady at the council Tuesday and she had just visited Lindon for 4 days

Said no checks at the airport. Just the woman was more interested/ annoyed really that she had travelled over with her identity card instead of passport. But the lady from Germany knew the rules and said she was allowed till the end of the month, then the rule changed

Then she said the woman enquirer about her name. She told her it was Albanian, but she was born and raised in Germany. But the customs woman had trouble getting her head around it. I said normally the people at the airport have an immigrant background themselves. And she said, yes she thought the woman came from India !!

All good. She got in and nothing checked about Covid. She was supposed to get a Covid test at her hotel, which she had to arrange. That at least was checked that she ordered a test. But the test turned up too late and she flew back to Germany….

As you say the whole thing sounded like a complete balls up. She was though very happy and surprised at how relaxed it all was on the tubes and trains without masks, and how friendly and helpful Londoners are 

Sweden is not implementing covid passports.

Denmark just scrapped covid passport requirements.

In Norway its illegal for employers to require covid passports.

Scandinavian freedom...

Edited by Blupanther
  • Like 2