Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

So the reason Sweden bettered lockdowned UK were:

London being more densely populated than Stockholm - is it?

the UK government failing to restrict tourists coming into the country, despite the fact that most restricted themselves anyway by not coming;

the government failing to impose a lockdown that did not sufficiently stop commuting, despite asking people to work from home?

Are they just personal notions or do you have some evidence in support?

They are purely my assumptions, since most of your stuff is purely your guess work

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

They are purely my assumptions, since most of your stuff is purely your guess work

Oh dear, you’re sounding like Chris4G now!  :D

Both overlooking the fact that I usually produce government figures (ONS, PHE etc) in support of my “guess work”.

Have you got any government figures to support your “assumptions”?

If lockdowns are so good we should have trounced Sweden.

You do touch on one good point: that other Scandinavian countries had success by closing borders early.

Edited by DC2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

So can the 'believers' suggest who makes up the other 2 thirds?

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

So can the 'believers' suggest who makes up the other 2 thirds?

 

From that:

“Nearly 13% of hospital patients with confirmed Covid were unvaccinated.”

So 87% of hospitalisations were vaccinated.

Not really compelling, is it?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Oh dear, you’re sounding like Chris4G now!  :D

Both overlooking the fact that I usually produce government figures (ONS, PHE etc) in support of my “guess work”.

Have you got any government figures to support your “assumptions”?

If lockdowns are so good we should have trounced Sweden.

You do touch on one good point: that other Scandinavian countries had success by closing borders early.

Thought Iris might have countered with reasoning and figures, but I got a Tsunami gormless grin.  :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Italy returns to their fascist past...

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/21/2021 at 3:53 PM, chris4gillian said:

The point is, you could be considered rude and/or offensive to some the way you worded things....but I'm sure you don't care about things like that.

Why could it "be considered rude and/or offensive" to call someone fat?

Personally, I'm skinny. Always have been and probably always will be. I've had some names over the years. 'X-ray', 'skeleton', 'twig', etc, but that's fair enough. Not a problem to me. Sticks and stones and all that. Besides, I am a twig so it's a pretty fair description.

Likewise, if someone is fat, what does it matter if they are described as being so?

Grow up and deal with it. There are far bigger things in life to bother about.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Crumpet88 said:

In 24 hours, the UK government and msm have scared the population into emptying fuel stations. Imagine what else they’ve been able to scare people into doing over the past 18 months.

No they haven't, the UK government have said constantly that there is no reason to panic buy fuel !!!!!!!!!!!  Completely and utterly wrong, again.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Influenza cases in the US. How strange...

2012- 34million. 2013- 30million. 2014- 30million. 2015- 24million. 2016- 29million. 2017- 45million. 2018- 36million. 2019- 38million. 2020- 1,822.

It's almost as if it was given another name...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Influenza cases in the US. How strange...

2012- 34million. 2013- 30million. 2014- 30million. 2015- 24million. 2016- 29million. 2017- 45million. 2018- 36million. 2019- 38million. 2020- 1,822.

It's almost as if it was given another name...

Been done quite a bit

Of course it also makes it difficult to predict what flu might be circulating this season and getting the vaccine right

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/flu-has-disappeared-worldwide-during-the-covid-pandemic1/

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Why could it "be considered rude and/or offensive" to call someone fat?

Personally, I'm skinny. Always have been and probably always will be. I've had some names over the years. 'X-ray', 'skeleton', 'twig', etc, but that's fair enough. Not a problem to me. Sticks and stones and all that. Besides, I am a twig so it's a pretty fair description.

Likewise, if someone is fat, what does it matter if they are described as being so?

Grow up and deal with it. There are far bigger things in life to bother about.

Absolutely.

Fat is a fact not a derogatory term in a discussion about medical risk.

If being skinny were associated with Covid fatalities I would refer to being skinny rather than being fat.

But some Covid hystericals want to pretend that being fat isn’t a risk factor so they can claim such people are an example of “healthy” people dying from Covid.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Why could it "be considered rude and/or offensive" to call someone fat?

Personally, I'm skinny. Always have been and probably always will be. I've had some names over the years. 'X-ray', 'skeleton', 'twig', etc, but that's fair enough. Not a problem to me. Sticks and stones and all that. Besides, I am a twig so it's a pretty fair description.

Likewise, if someone is fat, what does it matter if they are described as being so?

Grow up and deal with it. There are far bigger things in life to bother about.

i am overweight, not a lot, but if someone says that, they are not telling me something i do not know myself, why would i take exception to that

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Just a quicky 

Because of the elections today we have started those result Programmes and the polls. One from Berlin asked what was the most important issue

Covid was down at 7th spot behind Housing which was by far the main one, with traffic, climate and crime a few of those more important 

Only the little group on here keep letting it spoil their day/ bed

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Climate…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy