British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

4 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

She was FAT mate.

:icon_smile_clown:

1570pict.jpg:icon_smile_clown:

14 hours ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Where do you find this stuff Blu, and do you take it in before rushing to enlighten us all with this meaningless twaddle?

Actual deaths over 'projected' deaths. Who did the projection and what was taken into account? And the reported number of deaths might not count all deaths.

Pointless.

But that’s how you calculate excess deaths against an average from previous years!

14 hours ago, HenryW said:

They were still much higher than the rest of the Nordic countries, though :rolleyes:

Link showing Nordic Nations: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/cumulative-excess-mortality-p-scores-projected-baseline?country=DNK~SWE~FIN~NOR

The updated chart to 12 September shows Sweden’s excess deaths at 5%, Finland’s 1%, Denmark’s-1% and Norway -2%.

Hardly a massive difference considering their different responses, with very few restrictions on one side and closing borders and lockdowns on the other.

And certainly no evidence at all that we have been through an “unprecedented pandemic”!

• Like 1

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

But that’s how you calculate excess deaths against an average from previous years!

What, using projected and probably inaccurate figures?

To calculate excess deaths I'd have thought they'd use accurate figures over the past however many years with the correct current figure.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow

16 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

What, using projected and probably inaccurate figures?

To calculate excess deaths I'd have thought they'd use accurate figures over the past however many years with the correct current figure.

I took it to mean exact figures for past years and the current year save for the last week or two due to Sweden’s lag of data where this week’s true figure won’t be known for two weeks when their health system has got round to uploading the deaths.

You’re reading something into it that’s not there.

40 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today 167 

No one seems to care anymore about these “167 Covid deaths” a day, do they?

It gets mentioned on the News but there’s hardly a comment or flicker of the eye, it just goes by in passing.

Is it because we’ve all come to terms with Covid and think we’ll just have to learn to live with it?

Or is it because we’ve finally come to realise that 1,700 people die every day, most of the 167 were old, frail and likely to die anyway and maybe only half of them actually died due to Covid, possibly in the same numbers as a bad flu year.

So unless you’re old and vulnerable there’s nothing much to worry about.

Strange though to see most people in supermarkets wearing masks but no one doing so in busy pubs.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No one seems to care anymore about these “167 Covid deaths” a day, do they?

It gets mentioned on the News but there’s hardly a comment or flicker of the eye, it just goes by in passing.

Is it because we’ve all come to terms with Covid and think we’ll just have to learn to live with it?

Or is it because we’ve finally come to realise that 1,700 people die every day, most of the 167 were old, frail and likely to die anyway and maybe only half of them actually died due to Covid, possibly in the same numbers as a bad flu year.

So unless you’re old and vulnerable there’s nothing much to worry about.

Strange though to see most people in supermarkets wearing masks but no one doing so in busy pubs.

Yet more non factual assumptions.  Can you provide a link to back those up please? :rofl:

And thousands of folk have had a really bad case of Covid, yes they haven't died, but they've been really badly ill with a nasty virus that they wouldn't have caught if Covid hadn't come to be in existence.  So I'd say that is still something to worry about.  Would you like a particularly bad case?  No, of course not.

As for pubs, booze is possibly the reason why.  My sister wears a mask in public, but she went out with a friend Friday night and they both had a few too many (not something I would personally do at the moment) and didn't wear masks.  I'm not saying that's the only reason, but it undoubtedly has an influence on things.

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

Yet more non factual assumptions.  Can you provide a link to back those up please? :rofl:

And thousands of folk have had a really bad case of Covid, yes they haven't died, but they've been really badly ill with a nasty virus that they wouldn't have caught if Covid hadn't come to be in existence.  So I'd say that is still something to worry about.  Would you like a particularly bad case?  No, of course not.

As for pubs, booze is possibly the reason why.  My sister wears a mask in public, but she went out with a friend Friday night and they both had a few too many (not something I would personally do at the moment) and didn't wear masks.  I'm not saying that's the only reason, but it undoubtedly has an influence on things.

How can I provide a link, I was asking a question!  :D

But if you want to find some of the facts being alluded to you can view the government websites that I have given links to on numerous occasions.

The fact is however you never bother to view those links! And you certainly never quote any official figures.  Just mumbo jumbo tabloid style generalisations, like “some healthy people die from Covid”.  Well, how many?  Give us a figure! :D

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

How can I provide a link, I was asking a question!  :D

But if you want to find some of the facts being alluded to you can view the government websites that I have given links to on numerous occasions.

The fact is however you never bother to view those links! And you certainly never quote any official figures.  Just mumbo jumbo tabloid style generalisations, like “some healthy people die from Covid”.  Well, how many?  Give us a figure! :D

A question requires one of these '?' and I certainly didn't read it as a question.  Just more of your rambling assumptions which you make pretty much every day.

I have no reason to search out official figures, as that has been reported across many different news outlets many times in the past 18 months or so.

What makes me laugh about people like you is you have a selective 'is this real news' belief.  For example, I'm sure you believe the current news regarding the La Palma volcano eruption etc, but yet you choose not to believe a lot of the reported stories about Covid.  They're the same news outlets reporting on both stories but yet one just can't be true.  Laughable 'aint the word.

2 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Both the  ONS and  NRS  state  that the  average  age of  death due  to Covid  is  82.4, so  Blu`s  assumption is not  unreasonable. 

Thousands  of  people  have  caught coronavirus  and  been ill, but  recovered, just like a typical  Winter "flu " season. We  manage  our  way through that without vax passes and  quarantines. Thousands  of  people  die or are maimed  in Road Traffic  accidents  but  we  accept  the  need for  travel, and try to mitigate the  risks. 

Thousands of  people  are  unwell  every weekend  due to  hangovers, yet choose  to  repeat that behaviour  without  state  coercion or  interference . 

The  current obsession with safetyism is  tragic, too  many people  frightened into  submission by the  State and its  propaganda, and they will  never recover. That should be their  choice, some others   prefer to live  rather  than exist. 

We should  be  free to do what we  choose, without  state  intervention, as long as  it causes no harm to  others. Given the  vaxxed and  unvaxxed both  contract and pass on the  virus, it should  remain a personal choice. Masks  dont work, so if  you wear one  in the  shops  , but  prefer  to get  pissed in the  pub bare faced  that should be your  choice. 

Otherwise  we  are following the  path of  1930`s  Germany. The  only difference  between a vaccine  passport and  a yellow  star is  80  years . The governments  plan to  turn citizens  against one another  is  progressing  nicely. 

I don't disagree with a large portion of that, but lots of people who have recovered from Covid have also said that it's far worse than any flu they've experienced.  Some have also said it's been far milder.

I know a couple in their 70's who both have had Covid.  They both have other health issues but had nothing more than a sniffle.  I also have a work colleague in his very early 50's who is of normal build, doesn't smoke and has no known health issues.  Yet he was bed ridden for 2 weeks and tells me it was the worst illness he's ever had.  The rest of his family were just the same and he has two children in their late teens/early 20's.  All had been double jabbed when they caught Covid.  There is no logic to this nasty virus.

• Thanks 1

There have been more than 500,000 vaccine adverse effects reported in the USA and 300,000 in the UK this year. 100% of vaccine injuries are among the vaccinated, and 0% of them are among the unvaccinated. Just saying...

• Like 1