British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

The US COVID mortality per million is 2,067 versus 1,459 in Sweden.

Miraculously, the conclusion drawn by the experts and the media appears to be that if the USA had only masked and locked down harder, they could have achieved similar results to Sweden, which did neither of those things...

Oh yes. Sweden the land of the free, where parents have just been refused by the authorities to be able to call their new born son, Vladimir Putin :rofl:

Sweden did not LockDown. All the others did. Who made the better choice...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Sweden did not LockDown. All the others did. Who made the better choice...

Germany, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Australia, New Zealand etc :rolleyes: 

• Haha 1

Or compare Florida with California

Seems there is a Blumpet living in Pennsylvania :rolleyes:  That same tactic.....get flummoxed by a question and say, 'I am not talking to you' ...And that Republican politician . Gotta love people who don't have a clue

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 1

Over 6.7 million negative tests during the past 7 days.

Someone is making a packet...

• Like 4

15 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

I don't disagree with a large portion of that, but lots of people who have recovered from Covid have also said that it's far worse than any flu they've experienced.  Some have also said it's been far milder.

I know a couple in their 70's who both have had Covid.  They both have other health issues but had nothing more than a sniffle.  I also have a work colleague in his very early 50's who is of normal build, doesn't smoke and has no known health issues.  Yet he was bed ridden for 2 weeks and tells me it was the worst illness he's ever had.  The rest of his family were just the same and he has two children in their late teens/early 20's.  All had been double jabbed when they caught Covid.  There is no logic to this nasty virus.

Here’s more logic to Covid:

“some people have a more protective version of a gene (called OAS1) that helps their body mount a stronger antiviral response, which helps protect against severe health outcomes. Other people have a version of OAS1 gene which doesn’t protect the body as well.” Devi Sridhar commenting on this research:

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abj3624

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

And surprise, surprise.......who could have predicted that ?

New York Times announces

The jump in vaccinations in the days before the deadline gave New York one of the highest rates of vaccination among health care workers ...

So what are the rates?

A week ago they claimed that about 85% had been double-jabbed but look at it now, it’s gone backwards to single-jabbed!

“As the vaccination mandate went into full effect on Monday, 92 percent of the state’s more than 650,000 hospital and nursing home workers had received at least one vaccine dose, state officials said. That was a significant increase from a week ago, when 82 percent of the state’s nursing home workers and at least 84 percent of hospital workers had received at least one dose.  The jump in vaccinations in the days before the deadline gave New York one of the highest rates of vaccination among health care workers nationally. It was also a positive sign that President Biden’s planned federal vaccination mandate for most health care workers might buoy rates nationwide.”

New York Times

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

Well, well, well ..... Long Flu!

Who’d have thought it.  :rolleyes:

Covid not the only virus with long-term symptoms - study

It's not just Covid that can leave sufferers with long-term symptoms, according to a study. People who have fallen ill with flu can suffer long-term symptoms in a similar way to long Covid. Find out more here.  BBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’ve seen one poster mumble on about Covid reducing life expectancy a tiny tad, but here’s the bigger picture:

“The Times reports that scientists believe people could live to 130 this century. Researchers have analysed the odds of dying past the age of 110, an age at which you're dubbed a "supercentenarian".  They found the mortality risk plateaus from this age with each year the probability of dying fixed at 50%. Those behind the study contend that makes older ages more plausible. But one expert suggests that "healthspan" is more valuable than "lifespan".” BBC

14 hours ago, iris123 said:

Who worked that out, Diane Abbott ? :blink:

Here's the figures. Do the math yourself. And of course we don't know if there has been a subsequent rush.......

As of Sept. 22, state data shows, around 84 percent of New York’s 450,000 hospital workers and 83 percent of its 145,400 nursing home employees had been fully vaccinated. But tens of thousands of people are estimated not to have gotten a shot despite being threatened with losing their jobs.

11 hours ago, DC2 said:

Not far off the “nearly 100,000”.

Is Diane around for tea?  :D

11 hours ago, iris123 said:

That was a week ago….. you think thousands haven’t got the jab rather than sign on the dole ?

the article stated 10s of thousands, which will probably be true. The end figure won’t be near 100,000

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

And surprise, surprise.......who could have predicted that ?

New York Times announces

The jump in vaccinations in the days before the deadline gave New York one of the highest rates of vaccination among health care workers ...

35 minutes ago, DC2 said:

“As the vaccination mandate went into full effect on Monday, 92 percent of the state’s more than 650,000 hospital and nursing home workers had received at least one vaccine dose, state officials said.

New York Times

So, we get there in the end. You just seem to argue with no real sense and in the end you prove me right and Crumpet wrong. What I said

The figure you provide means around 52,000 haven't been vaccinated. At my school that would be just over 50,000 and not nearly 100,000 :D

• Like 1

Imagine a world in which people celebrate medical tyranny...

28 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Well, well, well ..... Long Flu!

Who’d have thought it.  :rolleyes:

Covid not the only virus with long-term symptoms - study

It's not just Covid that can leave sufferers with long-term symptoms, according to a study. People who have fallen ill with flu can suffer long-term symptoms in a similar way to long Covid. Find out more here.  BBC

So you believe that article by the BBC, but you constantly claim they misreport and/or deliberately distort a lot of Covid stuff.  My previous point about your selective belief in BBC reporting was spot on :t:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

So, we get there in the end. You just seem to argue with no real sense and in the end you prove me right and Crumpet wrong. What I said

The figure you provide means around 52,000 haven't been vaccinated. At my school that would be just over 50,000 and not nearly 100,000 :D

Actually, your original point that I argued with was your assertion that 96,700 being referred to as “nearly 100,000” was Diane Abbott maths.  :D

Since that you’ve squirmed, saying figures have moved on in a week, although that is completely irrelevant to the Diane Abbott comment.

And then triumphed your position this morning by saying it’s so much better than a week ago when in fact they’re now talking about “at least one jab” rather than “fully vaccinated”.  

It seems that the New York pen-pushers have the same difficulty with counting that you do.  And quite probably the same agenda. :D