British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

8 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Not sure that Australia have done well with their Zero Covid strategy, especially Victoria. A police state exists there….

The current 6 th lockdown is due to end on Oct 26, but don’t hold your breath. Mask mandates suggest it’s fine to remove them to drink coffee, but not a beer…must be “ the science”

I wasn't making a point or comment on how well their zero covid strategy went. I was making a point that they done better than Sweden

Not sure how you can argue they didn't

Australia has 25 million population and have 1,278 Covid deaths

Sweden have 10 million or give it 11 million to save any nitpicking and have 14,850 Covid deaths.

Seems very clear cut to me that with less than half the population, Sweden have more than 10 times the deaths.....

• Like 1

The state of Florida now has the 41st highest covid rate in the USA. Cases are down 57% in the past 14 days without a mask mandate or vaccine mandate. Just sharing the data since most of the msm won’t...

Good luck to the 1.2 million people who have become physically melded to their sofas over the last 18 months when their furlough payments end tomorrow...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I wasn't making a point or comment on how well their zero covid strategy went. I was making a point that they done better than Sweden

Not sure how you can argue they didn't

Australia has 25 million population and have 1,278 Covid deaths

Sweden have 10 million or give it 11 million to save any nitpicking and have 14,850 Covid deaths.

Seems very clear cut to me that with less than half the population, Sweden have more than 10 times the deaths.....

Yes they have less dead, but life is nearer normal in Sweden. There are many things to consider, for the living, not just how many have dodged the reaper. Covid will eventually reach a similar death toll in all countries. 

My question for all advocates of lockdown , remains the same, How long do you continue it for ? How much collateral damage is justified? Should Health Services remain obsessively focussed on one issue to the detriment of everything else ?

Edited by Fenway Bleachers
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Yes they have less dead, but life is nearer normal in Sweden. There are many things to consider, for the living, not just how many have dodged the reaper. 

My question for all advocates of lockdown , remains the same, How long do you continue it for ? How much collateral damage is justified? Should Health Services remain obsessively focussed on one issue to the detriment of everything else ?

How long has Australia actually been in lockdown ? As you mention their 6th, then it was generally a short sharp lockdown

Just to compare Stockholm has around 1m population and has so far had 4,476 Covid deaths

The State of Queensland has 5 million people and has 7 deaths..........

It's not about a virus, and never was. It's a PCR testing/vaccine/digital passport/carbon credit scam, and the starting pistol for the tyrannical Great Reset...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

The state of Florida now has the 41st highest covid rate in the USA. Cases are down 57% in the past 14 days without a mask mandate or vaccine mandate. Just sharing the data since most of the msm won’t...

Yet another troublesome post from you......You seem to have listed this by Covid death rate, NOT Covid case rate, Florida is still in the top three of Covid case rates.

13 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

It's not about a virus, and never was. It's a PCR testing/vaccine/digital passport/carbon credit scam, and the starting pistol for the tyrannical Great Reset...

The tyrannical Great Reset....:rofl:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Keep on keeping on, and don't forget the plastic cover on the bed

We are all happy and waiting to follow Denmark and Norway out of this, one by one

Anyway, I heard a good old conspiracy theory the other day

The US invented the vacuum cleaner and exported it around to world. The sole purpose of a vacuum cleaner is to suck up dust. Now dust rises and falls and doesn't do any harm, so why invent a device to suck it up you ask ? Well it means all the other countries around the world are getting slowly smaller, apart from the US, which is very dusty. ......... you get where this leads to I think B)

32 minutes ago, iris123 said:

How long has Australia actually been in lockdown ? As you mention their 6th, then it was generally a short sharp lockdown

Just to compare Stockholm has around 1m population and has so far had 4,476 Covid deaths

The State of Queensland has 5 million people and has 7 deaths..........

Melbourne has had 6 lockdowns, over 230 days in excessive restrictions, this one started on August 5 and is still going, with night time curfews from 9 pm. 
How does that seem in a liberal democracy ?

It is well neigh impossible to leave the state, even for medical reasons, visiting frail family etc. 
I might be more likely to die in Stockholm, but I know where I would prefer to live at the moment. ( my risk of surviving Covid at my great age is 99.76%)

Totalitarianism is alive and well in Victoria……and North Korea. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Melbourne has had 6 lockdowns, over 230 days in excessive restrictions, this one started on August 5 and is still going, with night time curfews from 9 pm. 
How does that seem in a liberal democracy ?

It is well neigh impossible to leave the state, even for medical reasons, visiting frail family etc. 
I might be more likely to die in Stockholm, but I know where I would prefer to live at the moment. ( my risk of surviving Covid at my great age is 99.76%)

Totalitarianism is alive and well in Victoria……and North Korea. 

You might think that, but if you wanted to name your child Vladimir Putin, then Sweden isn't the place for you, although I hear Ian Blackford is perfectly acceptable :D 

and of course the other side of the coin is....

While the number of murders in Europe fell between 2000 and 2019, it rose sharply in Sweden. Partly due to the countless liquidations, settlements and other fatal violence by drug gangs in Malmö, Stockholm and Gothenburg, there were an average of eleven murders per 1 million inhabitants in 2017.

Last year, the average number of murders had even risen to twelve. The average in Europe was eight murders. Sweden is also quite out of step when it comes to the number of murders committed with weapons: an average of four per year. In European countries this is an average of 1.6 deaths. “No other country has experienced such an increase,” said Brå researcher Klara Hradilova Selin of the increase in the number of victims of fatal gun violence

Edited by iris123

United Airlines Set to Terminate 593 Workers for Refusing COVID-19 Vaccine.

Meanwhile the press always gets hysterical on the up side of the virus Farr Curve, but they never mention the down side. It is almost like they have an agenda which has nothing to do with keeping the public informed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crumpet88 said:

United Airlines Set to Terminate 593 Workers for Refusing COVID-19 Vaccine.

Yes, from a workforce of 95,000 or so

Ist möglicherweise ein Twitter-Screenshot von Text „THE HILL The Hill @thehill United Airlines to lay off hearly 600 workers who refused to get vaccinated Kelly AuCoin @KellyAuCoin77 Or, rather, after mandating vaccination, United Airlines retains more than 99% of it's workforce.“

• Like 2

A few on here are in danger, i'll tell ya :rolleyes:

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Text „Someday, I'm going to die. This, grudgingly accept. I have no idea how it's going to happen. Maybe I will die of having a tree fall on me, of eating tainted shellfish, or of being struck by lightning. But this much I guarantee. will not die of having wagered my life that TV carnival barkers, political halfwits and MAGA-hat-wearing geniuses know more than experts with R.N.s, M.D.s, and Ph.D.s after their names. In other words, I will not die of stupid. -Leonard Pitts, Jr.“

4 hours ago, Crumpet88 said:

Another ivermectin success story. Now we wait for the horse paste retards to reply.

For the dense who don't know the difference between someone recommending its use, and approval for use

Q: Is it being used to treat coronavirus patients?

A: Ivermectin is being used to treat COVID-19 patients in Brazil and Peru, among other places, but it has not yet been approved in Japan. In March, the World Health Organization recommended that it be used only in clinical trials as the evidence on its effects is "of very low certainty."

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is concerned about side effects, and said it received "multiple reports of patients who have required medical support and been hospitalized after self-medicating with ivermectin intended for horses."

Large-scale clinical trials are being conducted in the U.K., and pharmaceutical companies in Japan are also planning to engage in clinical trials. We are hoping for an early judgment as to whether ivermectin is effective in treating the coronavirus.

(Japanese original by Yuki Ogawa, Lifestyle and Medical News Department)

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20210803/p2a/00m/0op/013000c

Not sure it is necessary to re-post the facts about Brazil and Peru and how they got on, is it ? :rofl:

Edited by iris123