British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

3 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Nonsense, you have responded to many of my posts saying I'm wrong and have requested evidence to back things up, which I have now done.  You stated just a few days ago that "bugg*r all young people die from Covid".   So which is it?  Some or bugg*r all?

And for the last time, I HAVE NEVER SAID THE YOUNG AND HEALTHY ARE AT SERIOUS RISK FROM COVID!  Why on earth do you keep on posting that I have????

You either have a very poor memory of posters and their posts or your arrogance level is up there with the best of them.  I'm going for the latter.

p.s. Your constant use of the word 'fat' is offensive to some.  Why can't you say 'obese' or 'overweight' like the rest of us more polite folk?

Now you appear to be looking for distinctions between “some” and “bugg*r all” and between “fat, overweight and obese”.

No wonder you can’t make a sensible point.  :rolleyes:

Well, that told them.

34 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Now you appear to be looking for distinctions between “some” and “bugg*r all” and between “fat, overweight and obese”.

No wonder you can’t make a sensible point.  :rolleyes:

Back to school we go.....

Bugg*r all = zero  Some = more than zero.  It cannot be both.

Fat = rude.  Overweight and obese are more polite in the modern world.

You say you're 58, but you don't know the above.

Please engage brain before posting any more nonsense that I can rinse you on :rofl:

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Back to school we go.....

Bugg*r all = zero  Some = more than zero.  It cannot be both.

Fat = rude.  Overweight and obese are more polite in the modern world.

You say you're 58, but you don't know the above.

Please engage brain before posting any more nonsense that I can rinse you on :rofl:

Thanks, Chris, another worthy post to the thread.  That’s your level. :rolleyes:

Although the Cambridge Dictionary takes issue with you: “Bugg*r all: very little or nothing”. :D

Edited by DC2

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Thanks, Chris, another worthy post to the thread.  That’s your level. :rolleyes:

Educating you is always worthy.

So tell me, what part of the above post is incorrect?  None of it, unlike yours.  And you say my post isn't worthy :rofl:

Just now, chris4gillian said:

Educating you is always worthy.

So tell me, what part of the above post is incorrect?  None of it, unlike yours.  And you say my post isn't worthy :rofl:

I’ve just told you. Keep up.  :D

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Although the Cambridge Dictionary takes issue with you: “Bugg*r all: very little or nothing”. :D

Meaning of bugger all in English:

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

bugger all

Pronunciation /ˌbʌɡər ˈɔːl/ 

Translate bugger all into Spanish

PHRASE

vulgar slang British
  • Nothing.

• Haha 1

Looks like I was correct yet again.  As always you ignore the 'nothing' on your post to suit your own agenda.

Here's another one for ya....

bugger all

noun

/ˌbʌɡər ˈɔːl/

/ˌbʌɡər ˈɔːl/
[uncountable] (British English, taboo, slang)
  1. nothing at all; none at all

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

Here's another one for ya....

bugger all

noun

/ˌbʌɡər ˈɔːl/

/ˌbʌɡər ˈɔːl/
[uncountable] (British English, taboo, slang)
  1. nothing at all; none at all

Well  researched  that man.....

How about  .....

"diddly  squat"   is it in the  Oxford  Dictionary ??

20 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

How about  .....

Finally Chris is doing some research.  Albeit into the definition of “bugg*r all”.

Unfortunately for him I was using it in the sense of “very few”, as per the Cambridge Dictionary definition.

31 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

How about  .....

It's in the Oxfordshire countryside, their water's got no $hit in it and their scented candles smell like Clarkson's gollox:rofl:

• Haha 1

Who’s next…

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, iris123 said:

From that article:

The trial tracked 775 adults with mild to moderate Covid, who were considered higher risk for severe disease owing to health problems such as obesity, diabetes or heart disease. Half were given a five-day course of the pill, called molnupiravir. In the placebo group, 53 patients (14%) were hospitalised compared with only 28 (7%) of those who received the drug. There were no deaths in the drug group after that time period compared with eight deaths in the placebo group, according to Merck.