British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Once The Guardian was famous for its women’s pages. Now The Guardian can’t even say the word “woman”. Tell me how that’s progress...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

FAtB8PgXMAApDTa?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

Johnson saturday :

'We didn't go through Covid to go back to how things were before'.

You were lied to.

You were warned.

You didn't listen.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Johnson saturday :

'We didn't go through Covid to go back to how things were before'.

You were lied to.

You were warned.

You didn't listen.

batman slap robin - Get back in your box!

Daily warning over :rofl:

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, iris123 said:

A tragic case, if true. Doesn't seem to be porky or mention any illness

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/covid-death-schoolgirl-vaccine-portsmouth-jorja-halliday-b958471.html

Apparently she’s just the 14th healthy person under 20 in England to die with Covid, out of 82 under that age. Sunday Times

According to the ONS 5% of secondary school children had Covid during one week in September, that’s something like 175,000 in one week out of 3.5 million children, most of whom have probably had it by now.

If likewise most of the under 20s in England (say 7 million out of 13 million) have had Covid, the risk of a healthy person under 20 dying from it once contracted is about 2 in a million.

Edited by DC2

Just looked weekly death statistics on the ONS site for the first time in ages.

Gives the total number of deaths as 10,322 for week 37 and then gives the non Covid deaths as 10,158 which I make 164 Covid deaths however it then also states that Covid deaths are 851 so I can only assume that there is a delay in reporting somewhere along the line. The 851 figure does tally much better with the number of deaths in excess of the 5 year average.

There is a really nasty virus going around among Primary school children in Hampshire at the moment but they are testing negative for Covid so nobody seems very interested, certainly it doesn't appear to be making anybody keep them away from school at the first sign of symptoms, far more the usual 'let the virus take it's course' approach among parents and teachers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vince said:

Just looked weekly death statistics on the ONS site for the first time in ages.

Gives the total number of deaths as 10,322 for week 37 and then gives the non Covid deaths as 10,158 which I make 164 Covid deaths however it then also states that Covid deaths are 851 so I can only assume that there is a delay in reporting somewhere along the line. The 851 figure does tally much better with the number of deaths in excess of the 5 year average.

There is a really nasty virus going around among Primary school children in Hampshire at the moment but they are testing negative for Covid so nobody seems very interested, certainly it doesn't appear to be making anybody keep them away from school at the first sign of symptoms, far more the usual 'let the virus take it's course' approach among parents and teachers.

Funny you should say that, I was just this moment reading about RSV that is going round kindergarten children in Germany. Seems double the figures that were getting treatment last year, and it has already done the rounds in Israel and the US during the summer. Saying it was because children were locked away and not coming into contact with others. Not sure if it is the same thing in Hampshire, but would make sense. The authorities did warn about the possibility months ago though

https://www.stern.de/gesundheit/nach-corona-lockdown--ungewoehnlich-viele-kinder-haben-atemwegsinfekte-30796916.html

21 hours ago, DC2 said:

Except, of course, you haven’t proved your point.  You’ve just used hyperbole and ridicule to evade the point.  There was no reference to Twitter in my post.

The fact is, throughout history amateurs have either contributed to scientific knowledge or dispelled erroneous science.

I know that you, as a disciple of the mainstream narrative, hate that thought.

You may not have referred specifically to Twitter, but if we are just going to disregard established science and assume everything that amateurs say is correct, one of the best sources of such nonsense is Twitter, so why would you disregard Twitter as well....unless you are now saying we should all disregard absolutely everything unless what is said, amateur or established, agrees with you.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, norbold said:

You may not have referred specifically to Twitter, but if we are just going to disregard established science and assume everything that amateurs say is correct, one of the best sources of such nonsense is Twitter, so why would you disregard Twitter as well....unless you are now saying we should all disregard absolutely everything unless what is said, amateur or established, agrees with you.

The convo did actually start with Blu posting a tweet supposedly from Indonesia, so it was on topic to refer to tweets within the debate.

• Like 1

Another one for DC2 that doesn't fall into his incorrect definition of 'bugg*r all'...

COVID-19: Mother warns coronavirus 'can happen to anybody' after teenage daughter dies on day she was to get vaccine | UK News | Sky News

Edit: Just noticed that Iris posted this story earlier and DC2 replied with the usual long winded irrelevant guff he always does.  Not a hint of sorrow or humanity.  Very sad indeed.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 1:06 PM, Crumpet88 said:

You can't reason with them DC2, it's impossible to have a civil debate with such people. They always resort to personal attacks, they call you names and think they are being clever. Of course, the opposite is true, they are incapable of civil and respectful debate.

The clique is alive and well I see :rofl:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Crumpet88 said:

One by one, Doctors are speaking out. I told you they would, you can't bury the truth forever.

A very small minority of doctors in the world have 'spoken out', the other millions and millions around the globe haven't.

Do you believe a handful or millions and millions?  I know where the sensible folk lie. 

• Like 1

What on earth has happened to India ? There was a time not long ago when we were treated to 24/7 ‘harrowing’ images and editorials….and then….....nothing. How strange...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1