British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Text „ONE OF THESE PUMPKINS DID THEIR OWN "RESEARCH." @thegallowboob OCCUPY DEMOCRATS“

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Crumpet88 said:

When I pointed this out a year ago, people laughed. All apologies accepted.

A meaningless statistic unless we know what bed occupancy was at the start of the year , what it is now,  how many patients there were before , how many there are now,  which hospitals and which departments the beds were taken from, where the beds are now and whether they can be readily  be brought back into service.

Beds overall were being cut long before the pandemic , but when the pandemic started many non- Covid cases were cancelled,  coukd it it be these beds are non Covid beds temporarily out of use.

Hospital beds have been cut/ mothballed since long before the pandemic but if you are going to take anything at all from the Express and hang it on Covid it needs rather more flesh on the bones before it becomes meaningful

• Like 1

The Covid Act was passed and renewed today without a vote. Are you getting it yet...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Some of us have realised this isn't about health...

Meaningless statistic.

The same could be said about the millions of people who haven't been in hospital as a result of a motor accident but we still have to travel on the correct side of the road, travel at the speed limit (70 on a motorway in good conditions driving a modern car with so much more stopping power than the vehicles back in 1965 when the 70 mph limit was instigated), wear seatbelts.......

That the restrictions imposed keep the numbers down is a good argument in each case.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Meaningless statistic.

The same could be said about the millions of people who haven't been in hospital as a result of a motor accident but we still have to travel on the correct side of the road, travel at the speed limit (70 on a motorway in good conditions driving a modern car with so much more stopping power than the vehicles back in 1965 when the 70 mph limit was instigated), wear seatbelts.......

That the restrictions imposed keep the numbers down is a good argument in each case.

Complete BS... But i'm sure this tweet will be making your trousers tighter...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

To borrow a quote, Complete BS and totally unnecessary.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, E I Addio said:

A meaningless statistic unless we know what bed occupancy was at the start of the year , what it is now,  how many patients there were before , how many there are now,  which hospitals and which departments the beds were taken from, where the beds are now and whether they can be readily  be brought back into service.

Beds overall were being cut long before the pandemic , but when the pandemic started many non- Covid cases were cancelled,  coukd it it be these beds are non Covid beds temporarily out of use.

Hospital beds have been cut/ mothballed since long before the pandemic but if you are going to take anything at all from the Express and hang it on Covid it needs rather more flesh on the bones before it becomes meaningful

I'd imagine that having entire wards closed because staff couldn't rotate between them would have some effect on that figure. 

Having said that I would be the last person to defend the way the NHS is managed. 

• Like 1

Democracy is just an illusion...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Democracy is just an illusion...

Does 'Democracy' actually work, as per the label on the tin? ;)

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Another meaningless statistic from Twitter.

Where are the figures to back his claim up ? 

What does he mean by death rate ? Is total deaths from day one ? If not, from when to when is he talking about ? Does he mean death rate per head of population or is it the rate per country irrespective of population size? 

Yet another attention seeking  MP out of the Diane Abbott stable spouting statistics that mean whatever the reader wants them to mean, ( or meaning nothing at all ). I can’t believe how easily people swallow all this without questioning further. And to think this bloke was a Government minister at one point. 

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

There is no hope this Winter…..just don’t get ill , the NHS won’t be there to help. 

Yeah, but with the festive season coming up, what am I meant to do if I burn my thumbs getting the lamb shoulder out of the cooker on ChristmasDay?

Edited by ruffdiamond

28 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, but with the festive season coming up, what am I meant to do if I burn my thumbs getting the lamb shoulder out of the cooker on ChristmasDay?

Poke them in either the ice cream, or take the cubes out the G&T!

• Thanks 1

SAGE tyrants are already pushing for Plan B, and don't expect any furlough this time around...

• Like 1