British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

8 minutes ago, Swindonseptet said:

Sorry I don't follow?

Well,,, if you didn't see the telly, or look at social media,,, is there many folk on your street falling to covid? 

16 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well,,, if you didn't see the telly, or look at social media,,, is there many folk on your street falling to covid? 

I can't say I have seen a single person keel over in my street to covid no, is that why I really should use twitter?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

As it happens, four have since we moved house here a couple of months back. All four in their seventies, all four vaccinated, all four recovered and the two bowlers back bowling.

• Like 1

I'm kind of intrigued by those that are focussing on what is being done legally regarding covid and vaccines in the UK whilst our Government have been raping us of so many other rights...Those that are so focussed on the covid side are just giving a free ride to the other, much worse, things that this Government are doing...Covid seems to be getting used as a deflection for the rest of the *poo* that is being done....
Anyone that is pushing the anti-covid restriction stuff just seems like a shill for the other horrors that are being pushed through....It's a lovely deflection by the Government, but you anti-covid folks are just playing into their hands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Despite having one of the lowest case rates, Sweden introduce a new measure, with the possibility of more to come

STOCKHOLM — Sweden’s chief epidemiologist said on Thursday that his country’s recently announced vaccine mandate for larger indoor events could well prove insufficient in slowing the spread of coronavirus and flagged that further measures may soon be needed.

“If we have the continued low pressure from the virus which we have just now, then maybe proof of vaccination (for larger public gatherings) would be enough,” Anders Tegnell, the architect of Sweden’s no-lockdown approach to the pandemic, told a press briefing in the Swedish capital Stockholm.

“But experiences from many other European countries — the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria — suggest that if the spread of virus increases, then it is not enough.”

The Swedish government announced on Wednesday that from December 1 a health pass will be required to attend any event of more than 100 people. The COVID pass — attesting that the holder has either been fully vaccinated, tested negative over the previous 72 hours or recovered from the disease over the preceding six months — has so far only been used in Sweden for travel purposes.

The government also reversed its November 1 decision to stop testing fully vaccinated people.

Edited by iris123

Normalising the effects of “the cure”. Protect the children...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

As i said before, strange that your 'Cardiac expert' isn't aware of this worldwide problem

“It has been brought to our attention that a photo of our awareness initiative that we created in May 2021 for Pediatric Stroke Awareness month has been taken by some people/groups and is being shared on social media diverging from its intended purpose,” said the founders of Achieving Beyond Brain Injury (ABBI), a charitable foundation in Canada (here).

ABBI was established in June 2020 by two mothers, Nadine Vermeulen and Rebecca DiManno, whose sons both suffered pediatric strokes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, iris123 said:

Woodstock was in August 1969 !! Was the pandemic still rife then ?

An interesting fact though, which you will like

However, the death rate from the Hong Kong flu was lower than most other 20th-century pandemics. The World Health Organization estimated the case fatality rate of Hong Kong flu to be lower than 0.2%. The disease was allowed to spread through the population without restrictions on economic activity, and a vaccine created by American microbiologist Maurice Hilleman and his team became available four months (9 million doses) after it had started. Fewer people died during this pandemic than in previous pandemics for several reasons

The United States health authorities estimated that about 34,000 to 100,000 (compared to 750,000 Covid about)people died in the U.S; most excess deaths were in those aged 65 and older.

So, in short, that was Covid.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, DC2 said:

So, in short, that was Covid.

What ? They got a vaccine out in 4 months ? I thought that had never been known ......And instead or 35-100,000 they had 750,000 deaths

Think they also had around 450,000 people last year and this at the Sturgis motorbike rally.......

Edited by iris123

10 minutes ago, iris123 said:

What ? They got a vaccine out in 4 months ? I thought that had never been known ......And instead or 35-100,000 they had 750,000 deaths

Think they also had around 450,000 people last year and this at the Sturgis motorbike rally.......

Can’t really make any sense of what you’re saying.

In 1969 with a population of 207 million there were 35,000 to 100,000 deaths and a vaccine became available within 4 months.

In 2020-21 with a population of 333 million there have been 750,000 (?) deaths and a vaccine became available within 9 months.

Even taking the figures on face value you can see that an extra five months of exponential growth in the first outbreak could have led to a population equivalent 400,000 deaths had not the vaccine become available so quickly.

Regardless, it makes all this year’s claims of everything being “unprecedented” look stupid and it puts Covid in a better perspective than the ridiculous “five year average”.

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

From a study of paediatric stroke rates between 2015-2018 revealed a rate of 5.6 per 100,000.

So has the rate gone up?  As usual, you have no idea.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Can’t really make any sense of what you’re saying.

Regardless, it makes all this year’s claims of everything being “unprecedented” look stupid and it puts Covid in a better perspective than the ridiculous “five year average”.

Snap, to the first part. No idea what you first reply was on about. Woodstock was held after the flu was under control. As ever Blu comes out with a meme that completely gets it wrong. 

And as far as i know it is Sweden that are always talking about this being unprecedented, at least with their measures

As for 5 year average, you should also take that up with Blumpet, when they compare this year with last year.Now that must be extremely ridiculous ?

Edited by iris123