British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

If you doing the LFT tests yourself and you need a negative result all you need to do if put the liquid into where it goes and you get a negative result anyway, no need to go near your mouth or nose.

just shows how useless they are, and everyone involved must know this, but it makes lots of money for someone and it floods the world with more useless plastic

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, norbold said:

Yes, I've just returned from the Canary Islands. My locator forms both ways were looked at by Spanish and British immigration. They couldn't collect them because I had them on my phone! But they were both definitely inspected and the Q codes scanned.

Going to France, nothing at all happened with the Statement of honour. It wasn't checked in London and in Paris I just got off the train and walked out the station.

Coming back, the people at the gate were stood around chatting and occasionally asked for Locator forms. I showed mine, very briefly, and was waved through. It wasn't checked. My wife wasn't checked at all. She just walked straight past. Why are passenger locator forms for the UK checked in France by French people? What do they care?

In London, as in Paris, just straight off the train and out of the station.Nothing scanned either way.

For the record...

• Like 1

I'm astonished that folks haven't made the connection between officials not being really bothered with passenger locator forms and track & trace. 

It all theatre, nothing to do with health.

• Like 4

'Privileges'

FFL1wLXXoAI0jBY?format=jpg&name=large

• Sad 1

Dennis Rodman features in the photo of the day...:D

• Like 2

Well said Kevin...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Well said Kevin...

I'll ask again, why only footballers why no reports of rugby players, ice hockey players, beach volley ball players, athletes, swimmers all of whom are as fit if not fitter than footballers.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I'll ask again, why only footballers why no reports of rugby players, ice hockey players, beach volley ball players, athletes, swimmers all of whom are as fit if not fitter than footballers.

It's not just footballers, the victims come from many other sports. One factor would be the huge amount of people who play football all over the World, it's by far the most popular and media exposed sport...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

It's not just footballers, the victims come from many other sports. One factor would be the huge amount of people who play football all over the World, it's by far the most popular and media exposed sport...

Granted that football receives by far the most coverage but I’ve seen no evidence from any sport other than football suggesting what you and your cohorts are inferring. 

So my conclusion is there is something about the game of football causing these collapses.

or is that logic as flawed as yours?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Third Man said:

If you doing the LFT tests yourself and you need a negative result all you need to do if put the liquid into where it goes and you get a negative result anyway, no need to go near your mouth or nose.

just shows how useless they are, and everyone involved must know this, but it makes lots of money for someone and it floods the world with more useless plastic

Meanwhile, if you want a positive test, for work reasons, just add something mildly acidic…spot of vinegar, juice with citric acid, positive test almost guaranteed. If not , try a second time. 
We managed one from a sausage pizza the other week, and phoned the vendor to get him to quarantine the dough! After a long pause and a laugh, ( we did offer to eat and confiscate all the sausage party pizzas to keep everyone safe) , I think we have lost our blue light card deduction for a wee while. Still you have to laugh in the midst of this new bonkers. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, norbold said:

It's really good that we have such well informed scientific opinion on this thread. People who really understand the science behind COVID variants and can explain it all succinctly. Thank you Bagpuss for that incisive insight. I wish I had a science degree like you.

No scientific opinion here, just a general observation! I'm always very open minded about everything covid and when there are extremes of opinion I usually expect the truth to be somewhere in the middle but that's just my opinion and I'd never try and ram it down anyone's throat. In this case though I'd probably attribute the word to moronic to the media who once again have reported this development in an irresponsible and scaremongering manner, just for a change.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Granted that football receives by far the most coverage but I’ve seen no evidence from any sport other than football suggesting what you and your cohorts are inferring. 

So my conclusion is there is something about the game of football causing these collapses.

or is that logic as flawed as yours?

Does a Cardiologist count ? I'll dig some out and post them when i get time...

• Like 1

The presser was utterly pathetic and, I'm sad to say, are folks who believe the tripe:cry:

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 3