British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

4 minutes ago, Crumpet88 said:

We have known since Spring 2020 that obesity is a seriously high risk factor for a bad Covid-19 outcome (hospital, ICU &/or death). Governments have done virtually nothing to make this widely known in an effort to help people reduce this risk, and that failure is a disgrace.

It doesn't fit the narrative that we are all at risk, it certainly wouldn't support the vaccination of children

Guess the Government should have stepped in with a point system......too much fatty food and no cinema. eat healthy and you get more points

In July 2020, in an attempt to encourage people to lose weight and improve their overall health, the UK Government announced a new set of policies2 to tackle obesity, alongside a ‘Better Health’ campaign3. While the intention to encourage people to improve their health is a positive one, flaws exist in the approach and key opportunities for real change have been missed.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41574-020-00420-x

11 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

It doesn't fit the narrative that we are all at risk, it certainly wouldn't support the vaccination of children

Why would it not support the vaccination of children? Just because obesity is a seriously high risk factor, it doesn't mean that everybody who is not obese is not also at risk.

Protect the children...Mask wearers should watch this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Crumpet88 said:

We have known since Spring 2020 that obesity is a seriously high risk factor for a bad Covid-19 outcome (hospital, ICU &/or death). Governments have done virtually nothing to make this widely known in an effort to help people reduce this risk, and that failure is a disgrace.

Oh come on crumpet,  as a healthcare assistant you will know that obesity is a risk factor for nearly every high risk illness not just covid 

• Like 1

I've just been told about an incident in our village yesterday where a man in his mid 60's fell and dislocated his knee (on his way to get the booster coincidentally).

This happened at 11.30 am, a paramedic arrived just before 1pm and an ambulance to take him to hospital at 4pm. Last I knew was at 7pm he still hadn't been seen.

So speaking to my friend at the hospital she tells me that A&E were sat twiddling their thumbs the other night while there were 11 ambulances queued outside because of the need to administer covid tests before allowing them into the hospital. I would suggest that the risk to a mid 60's man from shock and exposure having been left lying on a pavement for many hours are a lot higher than they are of dying or becoming seriously ill from Covid.

Now why can they not have a room where those patients wait for testing while the ambulances get on with their jobs? The only increased risk would be to those in that room who would be easily traceable, even better would be to have two rooms, one for those particularly vulnerable to a bad covid outcome and one for those who are not. Apparently all sorts of suggestions have been made by hospital staff to management of better ways to deal with the situation, all are ignored. Staff presume that is because NHS managers see an opportunity to get increased funding.

This also brings up another couple of interesting points. If a high proportion of tests are carried out on those requiring emergency hospital treatment and then followed by regular tests while in hospital then the statistics arising from that are going to be completely out of proportion if you apply them to the general public.

Secondly how many of these unexplained deaths that some attribute to the vaccine might be because of delays in emergency treatment? We all know about the time window for successful recovery from heart attacks and strokes. That time window must be long gone for an awful lot of patients if there are no ambulances available. Finally just how many of the excess deaths we hear about are actually caused by covid restrictions rather than covid?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Badge said:

Oh come on crumpet,  as a healthcare assistant you will know that obesity is a risk factor for nearly every high risk illness not just covid 

She would but the general public carries on eating and sitting on their backsides, assured they are protected by the vaccines.

Just like diabetics who rely on their pills rather than change their ways.

We’ve had lots of press exposes on anti-vaxxers who have died from Covid, but why none on fat people whi haven’t changed their ways either?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Badge said:

And what other illness or disease has been classed as an unprecedented pandemic recently, allegedly killing millions of people ? And why the continual snide comments that i am a 'healthcare assistant' ? Showing a little nasty side there, aren't we Badge.

42 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Guess the Government should have stepped in with a point system......too much fatty food and no cinema. eat healthy and you get more points

In July 2020, in an attempt to encourage people to lose weight and improve their overall health, the UK Government announced a new set of policies2 to tackle obesity, alongside a ‘Better Health’ campaign3. While the intention to encourage people to improve their health is a positive one, flaws exist in the approach and key opportunities for real change have been missed.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41574-020-00420-x

Every day the news programmes tell us about the importance of vaccinations and the number who have been vaccinated, but despite the government’s Better Health campaign - has anyone noticed it? - there is practically never a mention, and certainly not a daily one, of the link between dying from Covid and being fat.

Why don’t they give a reminder everyday that age, infirmity and obesity are the biggest risks to a bad outcome from a Covid?

Why isn’t that drilled into us in the same way that the importance of vaccination is?

Might it be because it undermines the vaccination message for those who are young and healthy?

Just another example of truth being sacrificed for expediency.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Crumpet88 said:

Could also be regarded as a total waste of time and effort?

(and they won't want to be seen as discriminating salad dodgers). :t:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, norbold said:

Why would it not support the vaccination of children? Just because obesity is a seriously high risk factor, it doesn't mean that everybody who is not obese is not also at risk.

i agree, but the risk factors based on various things

being young is not a factor, look at the list of who is supposed to have died of covid, and the age groups that have supposed to have caught covid, that was put earlier in this topic, being young is not a risk factor

Edited by The Third Man

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Has anyone seen the public information film currently on TV?

It shows a lot of people in a room, they all have Covid and when they breathe, talk and cough lots of black virus particles come out and float in the air.

Now, I thought the next scene would show them all wearing masks and how the number of particles was dramatically reduced - (although how could it be).

But, no, the next scene showed the window being opened and the particles magically floating out!  (Obviously not a winter day with a gale blowing in).

So is it masks or draughts that are the panacea?  

And could not mask-wearing in trains and supermarkets be replaced by better air circulation?

And why would anyone wear a mask outdoors or be told they can be outdoors for no more than an hour?

They want your windows open for an entirely different reason.

21 minutes ago, Crumpet88 said:

And what other illness or disease has been classed as an unprecedented pandemic recently, allegedly killing millions of people ? And why the continual snide comments that i am a 'healthcare assistant' ? Showing a little nasty side there, aren't we Badge.

Apologies for that I appreciate that I should have put "professional " not assistant, but my point still stands obesity has always been a health problem and until people who are obese accept it and do something why would fat shaming do it. Surely it's up to their medical advisers to pick up on it. 

Several on here post that the government are taking over our lives bit by bit, but now we are hearing that the government should tell people to diet.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Badge said:

Apologies for that I appreciate that I should have put "professional " not assistant, but my point still stands obesity has always been a health problem and until people who are obese accept it and do something why would fat shaming do it. Surely it's up to their medical advisers to pick up on it. 

Several on here post that the government are taking over our lives bit by bit, but now we are hearing that the government should tell people to diet.

All health advice coming from Government and the NHS has been compromised by by big pharma and the food corporations, with the demonisation of healthy natural fats and sea salt being a prime example. The problem is, we are getting bad dietary advice from people who have little or no training in medical nutrition, you only have to see the muck dished up to hospital in-patients to realise it's not taken seriously. The best advice would be, reduce or eliminate all processed foods from one's diet, especially gluten grains, sugar and seed oils. 

Whether people would heed such advice is debatable of course, and i fear many would not, and some couldn't because of financial restraints. Addressing food poverty would be a good place to start imo.

• Like 3