British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

No more needs to be said...

Sounds like trippin,,, if you haven't taken it, your not on the trip. 'All drop together'. ;)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Grachan said:

The question here is quite a simple one. How is the unjabbed Uncle going to kill Granny if Granny is vaccinated?

As that is from Ireland i guess i can use a German example

Inzidenz in Sachsen-Anhalt seit dem Wochenende über 300 | MDR.DE

They say that in Saxony- Anhalt (Bavaria do the same and have similar figures) that the unvaccinated are 10 times more likely to be infected. So at Xmas you have to have to vaccinated guests to have the same chance of being in infected as the 1 unvaccinated

I did see though that there was a bit of fuss about how Bavaria do their figures. They stick all 'unknown' into the unvaccinated, but say they are generally found to be unvaccinated, plus the numers are small

Edited by iris123

High vaccination rate, low death rates and health care that has been under pressure but not overcrowded. Part of the strategy that makes Singapore stand out during the pandemic is to treat covid-19 as an ever-present disease - like the flu.

When the city-state of Singapore adopted the strategy, many had to question whether this was the right way to go, especially as the infection rates first skyrocketed.

But with one of the world's most ambitious vaccine programs behind it, the number of infected people fell as fast as they rose. According to national statistics, 94 percent of those offered the vaccine are fully vaccinated, and 26 percent have received a third injection.

- I guess covid is now a common flu for everyone, says Glacier Chong, who takes a break from Christmas shopping on Orchard Road, and continues:

- Everyone has got used to it, it feels like it's the norm if you get covid now. Covid feels like a curable disease.

At times, however, Singapore has had severe shutdowns and violations of them could be punished with imprisonment.

In Italy, severe forms of covid have begun to be detected in children. This is what Guido Rasi, a doctor, consultant and former head of the European Medicines Agency, EMA, tells Rai .

- We expect that the campaign to vaccinate children between the ages of 5 and 11 will be launched as soon as possible, he says.

Guido Rasi believes that the advantages clearly outweigh the disadvantages of vaccinating children.

- 4 million children have been vaccinated in the United States. That is more children than we need to vaccinate. They have not given any significant signals of side effects, rather fewer than among children between 11 and 18 years.

According to him, young children are especially at risk for long-term cov.

- The virus is an experiment, not the vaccine, says Guido Rasi.

More relevant now than it was then.

5b0b0a665a19fcac.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As suspected and now proved by Andrew Neil.

You can take the man out of the BBC but you can't take the BBC out of the man.

Sad.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crumpet88 said:
Data released by NHS England today shows that by far, the biggest factor for ICU COVID admission is not vaccination status, but obesity. 

According to Iris that’s front page news every day. :D

Oh, and one of the Covid stats on the TV news every night.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

High vaccination rate, low death rates and health care that has been under pressure but not overcrowded. Part of the strategy that makes Singapore stand out during the pandemic is to treat covid-19 as an ever-present disease - like the flu.

When the city-state of Singapore adopted the strategy, many had to question whether this was the right way to go, especially as the infection rates first skyrocketed.

But with one of the world's most ambitious vaccine programs behind it, the number of infected people fell as fast as they rose. According to national statistics, 94 percent of those offered the vaccine are fully vaccinated, and 26 percent have received a third injection.

- I guess covid is now a common flu for everyone, says Glacier Chong, who takes a break from Christmas shopping on Orchard Road, and continues:

- Everyone has got used to it, it feels like it's the norm if you get covid now. Covid feels like a curable disease.

At times, however, Singapore has had severe shutdowns and violations of them could be punished with imprisonment.

It’s been like that for everyone bar the vulnerable and a few exceptions from the outset.

Just like flu.

• Like 1

Flattening the curve with vaccine passports in Germany and France…

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DC2 said:

According to Iris that’s front page news every day. :D

Oh, and one of the Covid stats on the TV news every night.

According to you it is never mentioned :D

14 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Flattening the curve with vaccine passports in Germany and France…

It was actually discussed on tv last night about controls on transportation and the woman had the same experience as me. There were none

As BBC live news headlines with Paul Hunter saying Omicron will become the dominant strain, he also said:

"I think this virus is around [and] going to be around forever," he says.

"The last time we had a big coronavirus outbreak we think was 130 years ago and that virus is still circulating, we get infected with it fairly regularly, every three to six years, and it basically just causes the common cold.

"That is likely the way that this pandemic is going, so we will be repeatedly infected with Covid, we will be repeatedly infected with new variants but by and large, they'll just be another cause of the common cold."

When asked about Christmas, he says there are actually fewer interactions between people over the festive break than during the working week, so he does not think family gatherings are "under threat".

And on stopping future variants, Hunter says we must make sure every vulnerable person around the world is vaccinated, but this “hasn’t happened to any great degree”.

9 minutes ago, iris123 said:

According to you it is never mentioned :D

No, to be fair, you did find a dozen articles about it compared to the 30,000 news bulletins that I mentioned.  :D

Presumably next you’ll come up with some stats showing how many of our 150,000 deceased were overweight?

Just now, DC2 said:

No, to be fair, you did find a dozen articles about it compared to the 30,000 news bulletins that I mentioned.  :D

Presumably next you’ll come up with some stats showing how many of our 150,000 deceased were overweight?

Yes you mentioned, with no actual proof as ever :D

We can all do that or say we were talking to someone down the pub who told me …..