British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

3 minutes ago, MumsieCulpepper said:

I read an article recently about the hundreds of millions the Gates Foundation had given to media, pharma, academics and people like Tony Blair. It was calculated that if this money had been distributed to the poor, everyone living in poverty would have been lifted out of poverty 5 times over. Interesting and thought provoking i thought.

Yes. Pretty much. Donating to research into health etc

I also saw one Billionaire go off into space i think with another as passenger. Now how many could that of helped instead of squandering it on a self interest project, so he could get a perspective on life, as he said ?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Well it doesn't seem to worry you, as you moved to UAE, and i mention

Within the UAE, Dubai has considerable autonomy, and is under Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum's autocratic rule. The UAE is an authoritarian state. The UAE has been described as a "tribal autocracy" where the seven constituent monarchies are led by tribal rulers in an autocratic fashion.

It also issued Port State Control last year ,under the guise of safety and environment

Industry sources have indicated that port state control (PSC) is now being physically implemented within the ports of the UAE. Inspections are already under way and reports of non-compliance are being submitted to interested parties.

This unilateral step within the Gulf is being welcomed by the local maritime industry as a brave move by the UAE, which will set a clear example to all other administrations within the area, who have been slow to even plan the implementation of port state control despite discussions last February on a memorandum of understanding on PSC between several Gulf states.

Capt. Mohammed Alaa Farag, marine affairs consultant to the Ministry of Communications, confirmed that the initial process is underway, but would necessarily take several months to complete.

https://shipip.com/uae-begins-enforcing-port-state-controls/

and to add....

UAE is under Sharia law, but that doesn't mean you are completely banned from drinking in the country. ... The UAE legal system is largely determined by Sharia law, and Sharia law prohibits alcohol.

https://www.expatica.com/ae/living/gov-law-admin/drugs-and-alcohol-in-the-united-arab-emirates-70991/

Moving and working is not quite the same thing, it's very unlikely to be permanent. 

One of Florida’s biggest hospital systems has ended all vaccine mandates Advent Health will no longer require its 83,000 employees to be vaccinated against Covid. The common sense State.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences' expert group estimates that between 50,000 and 100,000 people have probably been affected by long-term covid in Sweden, reports Vetenskapsradion .

Jan Nilsson, member of the expert group and professor of cardiovascular research at Lund University, thinks that care has failed to take care of those who have received long-term covid.

- Yes, this has not worked well at all. The health service was very late in picking up these problems, he tells the radio.

That would be about 30% of the population by DC2's reckoning :rofl:

Ignoring the nonsense, it was recently reported in the UK that 4% of people who have never had COVID experience “Long Covid symptoms” for twelve weeks from ordinary illnesses (colds) and fatigue, compared to 4.5% of those who have had Covid.

In short, Long Covid is no different from having had ordinary illnesses.

26 minutes ago, MumsieCulpepper said:

I read an article recently about the hundreds of millions the Gates Foundation had given to media, pharma, academics and people like Tony Blair. It was calculated that if this money had been distributed to the poor, everyone living in poverty would have been lifted out of poverty 5 times over. Interesting and thought provoking i thought.

It means little without the detail though. Doesn't just mean that they've been given a non specific pot of money to use as they see fit? Well you'd hope not. It's difficult these days not to find someone who'd say that any money would be better spent on ??? rather than what is was spent on.

33 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Yes. Pretty much. Donating to research into health etc

I also saw one Billionaire go off into space i think with another as passenger. Now how many could that of helped instead of squandering it on a self interest project, so he could get a perspective on life, as he said ?

My daughter’s work at Oxford University into anti-microbial (antibiotic) resistance is funded by a £100 million donation from Ineos.  

My only reservation is that it is not spent solely on research; it includes the construction of a new building.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-01-19-100-million-donation-ineos-create-new-institute-fight-antimicrobial-resistance

Edited by DC2

1 minute ago, Crump99 said:

It means little without the detail though. Doesn't just mean that they've been given a non specific pot of money to use as they see fit? Well you'd hope not. It's difficult these days not to find someone who'd say that any money would be better spent on ??? rather than what is was spent on.

Personally i would prefer to give a million dollars to the poor or veterans that have fallen on hard times, rather than Blair. Unlike Gates i would expect nothing in return, but maybe that's why i'm not a billionaire. 

He should never be allowed on TV again. More blatant lies from Jones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FF7jP8pWUAgqdVR?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Much like that reply then. So who is coordinating the end game that you mention?

Dr Evil.jpg

1 hour ago, Crumpet88 said:

Moving and working is not quite the same thing, it's very unlikely to be permanent. 

But obviously doesn’t bother you moving to a place under Sharia law. An autocracy . Maybe because you get special treatment unlike the rest . But I thought that is what you want people to protest about, isn’t it ?

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Ignoring the nonsense, it was recently reported in the UK that 4% of people who have never had COVID experience “Long Covid symptoms” for twelve weeks from ordinary illnesses (colds) and fatigue, compared to 4.5% of those who have had Covid.

In short, Long Covid is no different from having had ordinary illnesses.

I am on neither side in this. As I said my sister was hospitalized with Covid and weeks later is still recovering

But , in one of the articles I read/ posted I think, they said about 200 symptoms could be because of Long Covid. Which is pretty all encompassing to me 

1 hour ago, Crumpet88 said:

One of Florida’s biggest hospital systems has ended all vaccine mandates Advent Health will no longer require its 83,000 employees to be vaccinated against Covid. The common sense State.

Isn’t that out of date ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2021/12/06/federal-appeals-court-denies-florida-injunction-against-healthcare-worker-vaccine-mandate%3fmedia=AMP%2bHTML