British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

5 hours ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Well, one would have thought so but this isn't about breaking Covid restrictions and never has been otherwise the whistle would have been blown immediately.

We had a furore over Cummins but Kinnock Junior's jaunt to Wales for Daddy's birthday didn't seem to matter and it seems the SNP MP's train ride whilst infected is ok with most people but any transgression by Boris, his staff, someone he talks to or any seemingly influential Tory is a mortal sin.

This is all about removing Boris before November 2024 because the other parties know that, when the vote matters, all this will be forgotten and Boris will win again.

I agree with the reasons behind the stories.

However I think if the Conservatives are to win another election Johnson has to go, I don't think it will ever be allowed to be forgotten and nor should it be.

Everyone understands that omicron is not a common flu :rolleyes:

Do you remember what it sounded like in the spring of 2020? Political leaders around the world launched their own theories about the virus that spread. Some, such as US President Trump and his Brazilian counterpart Bolsonaro, took it easy for the most part.

Corona was strictly speaking no worse than a flu. Maybe it could be washed out of the lungs or cured with home remedies. Absolutely no reason to appear in disfiguring mouth guards or cancel glorious encounters with screaming crowds.

Figures on the rubbish heap

The Swedish Public Health Agency has revised its forecasts. New knowledge about omikron's ability to infect means that all old figures must be thrown away.

In the worst-case scenario, experts now expect almost 70,000 infected a day when the peak is reached in a couple of weeks. If the third dose proves to have a really high protective effect, the number of infected people can at best stay below 50,000.

Even though it now seems that the vaccine and the new virus variant together mean that a smaller proportion of the sick will have to be hospitalized, the burden on care will be extreme. And people will die.
In addition, those who are ill need to stay home from work.

It is not a common flu epidemic. One day we may look at covid that way, but not today.

70,000 infected a day who can not go to work. Anyone realizes that it will paralyze important societal functions.

A prime minister and two party leaders were forced to isolate themselves after Wednesday's party leadership debate. In retrospect, Andreas Norlén's decision to conduct the debate appears to be a big mistake

Liberal leader Nyamko Sabuni may have to thank her lucky star for not being allowed to join.

Sabuni had to choose other scenes. To Svenska Dagbladet , for example, she said that freedom and rights can be restricted "just so that people can become infected".

Left -wing leader Nooshi Dadgostar went on to accuse the government of imposing restrictions as a way to save money. And Center leader Annie Lööf called the measures incomprehensible. That was of course before she tested positive.

No, neither Sabuni, Dadgostar nor Lööf are Trump or Bolsonaro. But as long as the virus can get past our immune system, both party leaders and everyone else must realize that it is not a seasonal flu that is ravaging. And act accordingly.

Last year of  DAILY 7 DAY AVE all UK    Covid 19 reported deaths( taken from the daily figures i quote

W/E January 24th      total  1240

W/E January  31st        total 1174

W/E February 7th      total  901

W/E February 14th      total   672

W/E February 21st      total  488

W/E February 28th       total  324

W/E March 7th        total  211

W/E March 14th           total  145

W/E March 21st    total  91

W/E March 28th         total  62

W/E April 4th       total   35 **

W/E April 11th     total 36 **     ** i think we can safely say that the figures are coming down every week- because of Easter reporting being delayed i would expect W/E 4th April to be more like 39 and W/E 11th April 32

W/E April 18th    total   26

W/E April 25th    total  23

W/E May 2nd       total  16

W/E May 9th      total   10

W/E May 16th    total   11

W/E May 23rd      total  6

W/E May 30th       total  9

W/E June 6th     total  8

W/E June 13th    total    9

W/E June 20th    total 10

W/E  June 27th    total  18

W/E  July 4th      total   17

W/E July 11th     total   29

W/E July 18th    total   40

W/E July 25th    total  64

W/E August 1st  total  75 

W/E August 8th   total 86

W/E August 15th   total  91

W/E August 22nd   total  98

W/E August 29th  total   114 

W/E September 5th  total   113

W/E September 12th  total  139

W/E September 19th  total  143

W/E September 26th  total  138

W/E October 3rd    total   112

W/E October 10th   total  109

W/E October 17th   total   122

W/E October 24th    total   136

W/E October 31st    total   157

W/E November 7th  total   168

W/E November  14th  total  156

W/E November  21st   total  147

W/E November 28th    total   121

W/E December 5th    total   119

W/E December 12th  total  119

W/E December 19th  total 111

W/E December 27th total   98 **

W/E January 2nd  total  140  **

**  average  figures over Christmas/New Year might be slightly not as accurate as normal

W/E January 9th   total   185

W/E January 16th   total 262

54 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Give me Boris any day. Jabbit is an even bigger snake than Johnson...

But that is irrelevant, if he either broke the law himself, or as it seems, he lied to parliament, he has to go, never mind all the other stuff

who there is to replace him doesn't matter

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

But that is irrelevant, if he either broke the law himself, or as it seems, he lied to parliament, he has to go, never mind all the other stuff

Unless you want more of the same we've suffered the last 2 years or worse, it most certainly does.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

They all lie, some just lie more than others. They are in control of nothing, they are all puppets...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

They all lie, some just lie more than others. They are in control of nothing, they are all puppets...

So, in the same minute you agree with Wolfsbane's post by liking it and then post the exact opposite :True Blu ,has no clue:rofl:

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 9:07 AM, DC2 said:

Different jobs have different policies regarding drinking during working hours.

Do I think that politicians and civil servants should be drinking while at work?  Absolutely not.

In fact no one employed in the public sector should drink during working hours.  The private sector on the other hand can make its own policies.

So on Friday no way should an MP drink whilst at work but today you post (I can't quote posts from different pages for some reason so have copy and pasted your post earlier today)

'Starmer having a beer indoors while at work is a world of difference from repeated Downing Street Bring Your Own Bottle garden parties and basement discos attended by thirty or forty people.

If you can’t see that you’re the hypocrite.'

so it's now ok for the leader of the opposition to host an 'indoor gathering' in his office and have a beer whilst at work but Boris having a drink in his garden after work is a sackable offence? Did he host 'repeated parties' and 'basement discos' or was it Downing Street staff or, indeed, did they even happen?

No hypocricy from me, I'm saying neither Johnson nor Starmer should go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vince said:

I agree with the reasons behind the stories.

However I think if the Conservatives are to win another election Johnson has to go, I don't think it will ever be allowed to be forgotten and nor should it be.

Makes no difference to me who leads the party because I've voted Tory twice in my life, to get out of the EU.

It's all opinion at this stage but I think Boris is the best bet for a Tory win in 2024 and it's clear some others think so too. This mud-slinging won't stick for long and many will remember Starmer's view on current themes.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 3

Believing in viruses is like believing in demons that invade your body and possess your soul. Both conditions come from within, not without. By making you think they come from without, you can be controlled by the big pharma priesthood who offer the "cure"...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Believing in viruses is like believing in demons that invade your body and possess your soul. Both conditions come from within, not without. By making you think they come from without, you can be controlled by the big pharma priesthood who offer the "cure"...

Are we going to start to have to have exorcisms if you're asymptomatic? ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Yes if you can’t see it, it doesn’t exist in the world of Naturopathy….. oh wait :rofl:

FJJrtD2XEA0fDcT?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3