British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Kester said:

What a clown you are.

The same reaction everytime. Can't debate, because that is too difficult. Can't defend what they have posted, because there is no defence for rubbish. Just pretend they are going to ignore people, which is the easy route for liars and the deluded

Edited by iris123
  • Like 6

Latest data, up to Jan 21st, issued by the ONS in March. A fit and healthy, low mortality age group, yet we see this very concerning data.

FRHYyyWWQAIO-Xy?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MumsieCulpepper said:

Just out of interest, Mumsie, as this is a Speedway Forum, can you tell us how many speedway related topics you have commented on?

9 hours ago, Kester said:

Makes for a great headline for the conspiracy lovers.  

If you read the report (you won't have) the study discovered there were just over 2000 cases after over 23 million vaccinations.  

I have read the report (and I won't for a second claim to understand it all) and I suggest you're being a little bit selective in your summary. Yes there was around 2000 cases but the point being made, as I'm sure you're aware as you've read it, was the elevated risk of myocarditis after vaccination, particularly amongst young males. They may have only found between 4 to 7 excess events per 100,000 vaccinated of severe myocarditis (serious enough to hospitalise) with two doses of Pfizer and between 9 to 28 excess events with two doses of Moderna but that has to balanced against the virtually negligible effects of Covid on the 16 -24 age group.  The 120 fold increase was found in 16 - 24 year old males who'd had a first dose of Pfizer followed by a second jab of Moderna. The number of excess events of myocarditis following a Covid infection was found to be one.

I think it's clear that the vaccines have been of great benefit to the vulnerable and the elderly but there are clearly question marks about it's safety and benefits for the young and those at minimal risk.  It's not just this study that has found similar findings.

The headlines that often accompany such studies do tend to sensationalise the findings and misrepresent the general timbre of report and yes, Blu and co may be quick to jump on any such headlines but aren't there also a number on here with their heads firmly planted in the sand when it comes to questions of vaccine safety, especially in the young?

The conclusions from the report: 

Conclusions and Relevance  Results of this large cohort study indicated that both first and second doses of mRNA vaccines were associated with increased risk of myocarditis and pericarditis. For individuals receiving 2 doses of the same vaccine, risk of myocarditis was highest among young males (aged 16-24 years) after the second dose. These findings are compatible with between 4 and 7 excess events in 28 days per 100 000 vaccinees after BNT162b2, and between 9 and 28 excess events per 100 000 vaccinees after mRNA-1273. This risk should be balanced against the benefits of protecting against severe COVID-19 disease.

The full report, not someone's take on it, for anyone bored enough to read it

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2791253

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MumsieCulpepper said:

What an ugly sight your legs are Mumsie ……  can’t you buy a razor in fantasy land ?  Blu will never fancy you with legs like that   ;)

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Shrub said:

I have read the report (and I won't for a second claim to understand it all) and I suggest you're being a little bit selective in your summary. Yes there was around 2000 cases but the point being made, as I'm sure you're aware as you've read it, was the elevated risk of myocarditis after vaccination, particularly amongst young males. They may have only found between 4 to 7 excess events per 100,000 vaccinated of severe myocarditis (serious enough to hospitalise) with two doses of Pfizer and between 9 to 28 excess events with two doses of Moderna but that has to balanced against the virtually negligible effects of Covid on the 16 -24 age group.  The 120 fold increase was found in 16 - 24 year old males who'd had a first dose of Pfizer followed by a second jab of Moderna. The number of excess events of myocarditis following a Covid infection was found to be one.

I think it's clear that the vaccines have been of great benefit to the vulnerable and the elderly but there are clearly question marks about it's safety and benefits for the young and those at minimal risk.  It's not just this study that has found similar findings.

The headlines that often accompany such studies do tend to sensationalise the findings and misrepresent the general timbre of report and yes, Blu and co may be quick to jump on any such headlines but aren't there also a number on here with their heads firmly planted in the sand when it comes to questions of vaccine safety, especially in the young?

The conclusions from the report: 

Conclusions and Relevance  Results of this large cohort study indicated that both first and second doses of mRNA vaccines were associated with increased risk of myocarditis and pericarditis. For individuals receiving 2 doses of the same vaccine, risk of myocarditis was highest among young males (aged 16-24 years) after the second dose. These findings are compatible with between 4 and 7 excess events in 28 days per 100 000 vaccinees after BNT162b2, and between 9 and 28 excess events per 100 000 vaccinees after mRNA-1273. This risk should be balanced against the benefits of protecting against severe COVID-19 disease.

The full report, not someone's take on it, for anyone bored enough to read it

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2791253

I agree with all of that.  However, my point would be that the sensationalised (at best) or completely fictional nonsense posted by Blu and the like informs nobody.  The increased risks of pericarditis and myocarditis are well-documented and have been for a while. 

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/advice-for-providers/clinical-guidance/myocarditis-pericarditis

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj-2021-068665

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/coronavirus-vaccine-your-questions-answered/covid-19-vaccines-and-myocarditis-should-you-be-worried

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination-guidance-for-healthcare-professionals

What we really need to know are the actual effects on individuals.  We know there were 2,000 who were hospitalised,  but what happened next?  Did they all just go home after a short period?  Were there any other effects?  

Then to throw in a further complication, it's been found that there are higher rates of pericarditis and myocarditis after contracting the virus itself.

pericarditis and myocarditis

Edited by Kester

1 hour ago, Kester said:

I agree with all of that.  However, my point would be that the sensationalised (at best) or completely fictional nonsense posted by Blu and the like informs nobody.  The increased risks of pericarditis and myocarditis are well-documented and have been for a while. 

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/advice-for-providers/clinical-guidance/myocarditis-pericarditis

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj-2021-068665

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/coronavirus-vaccine-your-questions-answered/covid-19-vaccines-and-myocarditis-should-you-be-worried

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination-guidance-for-healthcare-professionals

What we really need to know are the actual effects on individuals.  We know there were 2,000 who were hospitalised,  but what happened next?  Did they all just go home after a short period?  Were there any other effects?  

Then to throw in a further complication, it's been found that there are higher rates of pericarditis and myocarditis after contracting the virus itself.

pericarditis and myocarditis

All good points made. The Scandanavian study found one excess case per 100,000 following Covid, though I know other studies have found more. The 'what happened next' bit will be important, I believe the CDC are doing such a study, hopefully other studies are also being carried out. 

With that 16-24 age group being at virtually zero risk from Covid, added to the fact that the vaccines do not prevent infection, the albeit small risk of severe myocarditis has got to call the benefits of vaccination of the young into question. And of course myocarditis is not the only side effect....

• Like 3

Was Thatcher FAR-right?

'It was definitely not a party'.

FRK9yayXEAAOPxE?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Latest release from Pfizer. They vaxxed 270 pregnant women. There is no feedback on 238, but of the other 32 there was only one live birth.

Thank goodness for all those NHS sustainability advocates and Net Zero compliance managers. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Was Thatcher FAR-right?

Don't know but she was RIGHT. :P

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Crumpet91 said:

Another deluded dimwit. Bye.

21 hours ago, Kester said:

What a clown you are.

Good to see that intelligent and well reasoned debate is still going strong on the BSF.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Crumpet91 said:

Thank goodness for all those NHS sustainability advocates and Net Zero compliance managers. 

Don't they possess a generator?

Tesco Extras do.

No power, no problem, business as usual after it's fired up.

What we've come to expect of the Public Sector.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1