British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Nooo... we can't have that! :)

If only you could be as polite as you are bright!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jrs said:

In my local Tesco this morning at 0845, no rationing whatsoever, one woman I saw was taking six of everything, so I thought she must have a very large family, however doubts crept into my mind when she took 6 x 1 litre bottles of Persil, although she could have a clean large family or run a laundry business I suppose :o

It's amazing how many people now eat Baked Beans, not a bean in sight, not even a squashed tin that's been reduced.

If anybody wants to take the trouble when the programme has finished listen to Emma Barnett on the BBC 5 live website, the first 20 minutes of the programme is an interview with an A&E doctor who had just finished the night shift at Luton Hospital. Some on here clearly will not like what he says, however others may find it interesting.

If you go on the net to Radio 5 live Emma Barnett show the interview can be heard from 10.10 into the recording.

Explains why they need so much bog roll ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Working within the tourist/leisure industry in York there appears to be some confusion/inconstency as regards attractions being closed. Where I work we will remain open whereas just around the corner at an equally high statest attraction they have decided to close until further notice.

Now it seems that York Minster has closed to visitors until further notice as well as York Dungeon. I can see York becoming a ghost town...wonder if the Ghost Walks will continue to operate?

Just remains to be seen what my place of work decides? Can't see them justifying staying open when others have decided to go along with the "Government's Containment Plan." I give them until the end of the week before reviewing their open policy and whether staff are redeployed in other areas.

Edited by steve roberts

Schools now to close from Friday. It's really quite impossible to make a judgement where this is all going and how it will end. Big impact on everybody's lives and quite scary in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

Not sure it is. It just seems Boris is following on the coat tails of others. Instead of leading the way and being bold, he is copying the things other countries are doing some days or weeks after.....

Just now, iris123 said:

Not sure it is. It just seems Boris is following on the coat tails of others. Instead of leading the way and being bold, he is copying the things other countries are doing some days or weeks after.....

The climate is making it almost impossible for him to do anything else.

It's a non stop media led campaign of scaremongering... and as much as the media other agents are involved, for their own political and capital gain.

I have long said that a great proportion of the public are so thoroughly indoctrinated it would only take a push of the button to cause massive problems. This isn't quite how I anticipated it, but indeed that button has been pushed.

• Like 4

Was listening to professor Costello from UCL (I do believe) who stated that without testing and contact tracing the whole picture is very cloudy and leaves the government and NHS without true figures to work on. The 25000 tests a day target is for in one months time, so that would take around forty days to test the population of a city of one million. 

It needs at least a million tests a day done now. The government has wasted nearly seven weeks and still not taken a lead. 

Edited by jrs

1 minute ago, jrs said:

Was listening to professor Costello from UCL (I do believe) who started that without testing and contact tracing the whole picture is very cloudy and leaves the government and NHS without true figures to work on. The 25000 tests a day target is for in one months time, so that would take around forty days to test the population of a city of one million. 

It needs at least a million tests a day done now. The government has wasted nearly seven weeks and still not taken a lead. 

Be careful criticising Johnson or the Govt, you'll upset quite a few on here.. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The climate is making it almost impossible for him to do anything else.

It's a non stop media led campaign of scaremongering... and as much as the media other agents are involved, for their own political and capital gain.

I have long said that a great proportion of the public are so thoroughly indoctrinated it would only take a push of the button to cause massive problems. This isn't quite how I anticipated it, but indeed that button has been pushed.

It was more an observation on predicting what is going to happen next. Just look at what other countries have done 

In a way he was getting praise from some on here for doing things differently and taking the good medical advice. In reality imo, all he has done is dither

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, iris123 said:

It was more an observation on predicting what is going to happen next. Just look at what other countries have done 

In a way he was getting praise from some on here for doing things differently and taking the good medical advice. In reality imo, all he has done is dither

Possibly dithered.. possibly 'tried' to do it a different way, but it's proved impossible.

One thing I note, the media doesn't harp on about the graph in China anymore... the one from which they were projecting a continued upwards trajectory for the next 3-4 months and killing millions..

Now it's gone the other way, it's not mentioned.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Possibly dithered.. possibly 'tried' to do it a different way, but it's proved impossible.

One thing I note, the media doesn't harp on about the graph in China anymore... the one from which they were projecting a continued upwards trajectory for the next 3-4 months and killing millions..

Because it dosen't fit their fear narrative ...

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Maybe there'll be a place in speedways top office, if it ever returns. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Read somewhere today that there has been one new case in China both yesterday and today.. 

Whether that's true of course, is a different matter..