British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevehone

Celebration of Speedway 2020

Good pics, Steve. You must have got there too late to take a picture of my stand...

It was a good and very rewarding day for me and, I hope, the WSRA.

It was like this....The World Speedway Riders' Association have plans to rebuild and expand their Memorial Garden dedicated to deceased former speedway riders, so I took along some of my books to flog with all the proceeds going to this worthwhile cause.

My table was next to Jeremy Luckhurst. Jeremy was selling some speedway memorabilia such as race jackets and speedway related sign boards.

So anyway, before the "Celebration" even opened to the public, I sold £50 worth of books to a dealer and then, once it opened, sold a few more to the general public. After about an hour Jeremy said to me, "How much do you want for the lot? I'll buy them all."

So he did and we made a nice wodge for the Memorial Garden. Thank you Jeremy. :)

Good to meet up with several old friends as well and a good day was had by all.

Edited by norbold
Typo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

It must be my antiquated laptop at fault! I cannot enter the Link you give racers and royals!!!

Relevant bit(still there)

Celebration of Speedway Sunday 20th February 2022

£12.50

Join us at Paradise Wildlife Park – the home of the National Speedway Museum on Sunday 20th February 2022

We will be celebrating the 94th Anniversary of Speedway in the UK.

The event takes place from 11am to 4pm

(Park open 9.30am to 5pm)

Tickets are £12.50 per person – Adults and Children

Children under 2yrs are FREE