British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

So let em die then?... as long as you get your Speedway fix

People are dying every day from virus related illnesses.. in their millions.

By your logic, you're happy to let them die it seems.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

What you're forgetting though is that there's a vaccine for common flu, there is no vaccine for Coronavirus and there is a 2-3 week incubation period where people could be spreading it not even knowing they've got it. If you've not already seen it, watch Contagion: The BBC Pandemic, I think it's still available on iPlayer... then come back to me without being hysterical :lol: 

Ian B. I might have watched that again except for your typically offensive comment at the end. 

Funny, there's a vaccine for common flu but it still causes 17,000 deaths on average yet it is a lesser problem than Coronavirus. Very odd. 

30 minutes ago, iainb said:

So let em die then?... as long as you get your Speedway fix

You just disqualified from being considered worth reading. Disgusting and stupid behaviour, and not the first. Keep taking the tabloids. 

I am not advocating ignoring the problem, just approaching it with a grain of intelligence, clearly too much to ask from you. Good luck finding someone else to argue with.

In a properly moderated forum you'd be well on your way by now. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

3 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Ian B. I might have watched that again except for your typically offensive comment at the end. 

Funny, there's a vaccine for common flu but it still causes 17,000 deaths on average yet it is a lesser problem than Coronavirus. Very odd. 

blimey, you are a sensitive little snow flake aren't you, it was not my intention to be offensive, in fact it was you that brought up hysteria. I agree there is much hysteria about these days from many people with little understanding. All I was suggesting was for you to watch the programme that had done the most extensive research into the spread of a pandemic yet and then you could join the rest of the population in being hysterical... but at least you'd be informed about it.

And you illustrate my point about the vaccine exactly... if there's 17,000 deaths with a vaccine, what do you think the body count would be without one?

and it's iainb

9 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

You just disqualified from being considered worth reading. Disgusting and stupid behaviour, and not the first. Keep taking the tabloids. 

I am not advocating ignoring the problem, just approaching it with a grain of intelligence, clearly too much to ask from you. Good luck finding someone else to argue with.

In a properly moderated forum you'd be well on your way by now. 

Wow! Now that is an insult ridden post!

When you say moderated, of course you mean censor everything you don't agree with?

#bekind

Edited by iainb

I'm with Rob with this.

It is a virus and so far has affected China (whether you believe the conspiracy theories about lab creation or from animals is irrelevant) Iran and Italy and in vast majority of cases has been passed and be traced to hot spots.

Only a few cases in UK out of about 50 can't be linked to mainly Italy or China/Iran.

No need for over-reaction, no need for panic and no need for abuse. 

Attendence at any sporting event in voluntary, let the individual decide.

Edited by HGould
simplified

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

I'm with Rob with this.

It is a virus and so far has affected China (whether you believe the conspiracy theories about lab creation or from animals is irrelevant) Iran and Italy and in vast majority of cases has been passed and be traced to hot spots.

Only a few cases in UK out of about 50 can't be linked to mainly Italy or China/Iran.

No need for over-reaction, no need for panic and no need for abuse. 

Attendence at any sporting event in voluntary, let the individual decide.

50 people wandering around for 2-3 weeks unknowingly infecting others around them, who in turn do the same etc. etc.

You can't let the individual decide. The experiment that the BBC ran predicted 48,000,000 infections and half a million dead and that was at a 1% mortality rate, the mortality rate is currently at 3%

One thing we can agree on is no need for abuse

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

50 people wandering around for 2-3 weeks unknowingly infecting others around them, who in turn do the same etc. etc.

You can't let the individual decide. The experiment that the BBC ran predicted 48,000,000 infections and half a million dead and that was at a 1% mortality rate, the mortality rate is currently at 3%

One thing we can agree on is no need for abuse

3% based upon those they know who have had it.. factor in all those who have likely had it and it drops massively.

Deaths are investigated.. people with a mild cold are not.

Edited by BWitcher

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

3% based upon those they know who have had it.. factor in all those who have likely had it and it drops massively.

Deaths are investigated.. people with a mild cold are not.

Age of Coronavirus Deaths

COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE:

*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). This probability differs depending on the age group. The percentages shown below do not have to add up to 100%, as they do NOT represent share of deaths by age group. Rather, it represents, for a person in a given age group, the risk of dying if infected with COVID-19.

confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old

8.0%
60-69 years old

3.6%
50-59 years old

1.3%
40-49 years old

0.4%
30-39 years old

0.2%
20-29 years old

0.2%
10-19 years old

0.2%
0-9 years old

no fatalities

*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). The percentages do not have to add up to 100%, as they do NOT represent share of deaths by age group.

In general, relatively few cases are seen among children.

Looks like iainb has drunk the MSM kool aid  :D

• Haha 1

12-16K (depending on source) have died of flu in the US this winter. 

Puts things in perspective a bit. 

30 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

12-16K (depending on source) have died of flu in the US this winter. 

Puts things in perspective a bit. 

Yes it does... and there's a vaccine for that and you start to show symptoms pretty quickly as there's around a 2 day incubation period, not 2-3 weeks.

The question here is not who's right and who's wrong but how wrong do you let it get before doing something about it? Do we wait until 17,000 die before starting to act on it? You only have to do 1x2x3x4x5x6 etc. into a calculator before you start to come up with some very scary numbers!

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yes it does... and there's a vaccine for that and you start to show symptoms pretty quickly as there's around a 2 day incubation period, not 2-3 weeks.

The question here is not who's right and who's wrong but how wrong do you let it get before doing something about it? Do we wait until 17,000 die before starting to act on it? You only have to do 1x2x3x4x5x6 etc. into a calculator before you start to come up with some very scary numbers!

You are talking about the flu as if it is one stable disease, which it is not. There are a number of different 'flu's' and vaccines have to be regularly found for new variants. Plus it is generally guess work as to which flu to vaccinate people with beforehand.....

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

You are talking about the flu as if it is one stable disease, which it is not. There are a number of different 'flu's' and vaccines have to be regularly found for new variants. Plus it is generally guess work as to which flu to vaccinate people with beforehand.....

When we're talking about flu, I'm assuming we're talking about seasonal flu and the vaccine inoculates against multiple variants on what is predicted to be the most prevalent

1 minute ago, iainb said:

When we're talking about flu, I'm assuming we're talking about seasonal flu and the vaccine inoculates against multiple variants on what is predicted to be the most prevalent

Exactly. A prediction, r as I said, guess.......and vaccines are regularly updated/changed as the flu mutates.....