British Speedway Forum

Do we have to wait for Cheltenham Races to finish before any BCD announcements are made?

• Like 1

I thought this one of the better, more informative articles I have read on the subject. Not necessarily what we want to hear but seems like a realistic scenario.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vince said:

I thought this one of the better, more informative articles I have read on the subject. Not necessarily what we want to hear but seems like a realistic scenario.

It's highly probably that thousands of us have got it or already had it.

Let's face it, if you have a bit of a cough and a mild cold do you rush to your doctor? No.

If you called the dedicated lines in England with mild symptoms, you are told to stay at home, you aren't tested.

The only country that has adopted a thorough testing process is South Korea. They've tested 140,000 so far and as a result the death rate works out at 0.76% there. Even then they haven't tested everyone as mentioned above, many with the milder symptoms won't get tested, so the actual death rate will be lower.

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2020 at 3:11 PM, Wolfsbane said:

Speedway will have no problems. Outdoor sport in the open air with very little crowding.

Can speedway afford to put any of their swindling supporter base at risk though?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MattK said:

Can speedway afford to put any of their swindling supporter base at risk though?

Swindling?  :)

Hmmm .... are those dodgy Swindon supporters?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Swindling?  :)

Hmmm .... are those dodgy Swindon supporters?

Freudian slip? Or should that be Fraudian slip? I'll get my coat.

Typical over-reaction from Trump, turns it in to a racist motivated rant aimed at Europe / China etc.

If the virus is in US it's in US and it will spread. 

Customs Officials there are the most pig ignorant anywhere in the world, they cant get any worse.  Stuff them! 

13 minutes ago, HGould said:

Customs Officials there are the most pig ignorant anywhere in the world, they cant get any worse.  Stuff them! 

Have you been to the UAE?

NZ, the most friendly I've ever encountered

22 minutes ago, HGould said:

Typical over-reaction from Trump, turns it in to a racist motivated rant aimed at Europe / China etc.

If the virus is in US it's in US and it will spread. 

Typical politically motivated rant.

One minute the loons are screaming he doesn't take it seriously, he should be locking things down blah blah..

He does what they want.. they scream he's over reacting.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Typical politically motivated rant.

One minute the loons are screaming he doesn't take it seriously, he should be locking things down blah blah..

He does what they want.. they scream he's over reacting.

Not politically motivated at all. 

I think Boris has got it spot on and Trump dead wrong.

Nothing to do with politics

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

Have you been to the UAE?

NZ, the most friendly I've ever encountered

Agree about NZ 

Have not been to UAE not really interested in sand and camels 

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

It's highly probably that thousands of us have got it or already had it.

Let's face it, if you have a bit of a cough and a mild cold do you rush to your doctor? No.

If you called the dedicated lines in England with mild symptoms, you are told to stay at home, you aren't tested.

The only country that has adopted a thorough testing process is South Korea. They've tested 140,000 so far and as a result the death rate works out at 0.76% there. Even then they haven't tested everyone as mentioned above, many with the milder symptoms won't get tested, so the actual death rate will be lower.

At the moment I'm suffering and coughing as a result of an Asthma Attack on Saturday.  I'm taking steroids and have two inhalers, yet when I was in a store in King's Lynn yesterday, I was politely asked to leave the premises.  I had ALL my medication with me, showed them, and they allowed me to remain, but it was embarrassing for me in front of a lot of customers.
This morning I went to the doctors surgery as requested, just to check to see how I was progressing, and they've now decided not to see patients face to face before  they've first spoken to them on the phone!!
This afternoon I've got to take my wife to hospital for chemo, and I bet the moment I cough, they'll try and show me the door. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

At the moment I'm suffering and coughing as a result of an Asthma Attack on Saturday.  I'm taking steroids and have two inhalers, yet when I was in a store in King's Lynn yesterday, I was politely asked to leave the premises.  I had ALL my medication with me, showed them, and they allowed me to remain, but it was embarrassing for me in front of a lot of customers.
This morning I went to the doctors surgery as requested, just to check to see how I was progressing, and they've now decided not to see patients face to face before  they've first spoken to them on the phone!!
This afternoon I've got to take my wife to hospital for chemo, and I bet the moment I cough, they'll try and show me the door. 

I can honestly see some major incidents ahead.

People are starting to panic already. I've come across several screaming that it's a 'fatal disease' that is spreading 'tremendously fast'. It will soon be at a point where if someone coughs they'll be, as you experienced, told to get lost, leave, stay out out our street.. even get out of the house next to us..  if we reach a point of shops being restricted, food shortages etc, it will be even worse... people will react, fights break out etc.

Yes, the problem is serious. No, the death rate is not 4% or whatever figure keeps being quoted. No, everyone isn't going to die. 

The media will keep whipping up a frenzy and the **** will hit the fan.. that concerns me more than the virus itself.

• Like 1

My mate and I are a couple of Yanks HUGHLY looking forward to coming to your great country with grandstand tickets to the SON in May. I haven't seen or heard any comments on the meet being possibly called off and wondering if anyone has. Also planning on renting a car and traveling from Manchester Northward and eventually ending up back in London (hopefully a pro in left hand lane driving). My first live speedway race! 

Scotland to ban gatherings of more than 500 from Monday