British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

It'll mean some promoters have got to isolate too, so how will that work as well.

At 76-years of age, I'm the youngest person living in my immediate area, and if I've got to self isolate, how do I get thing like milk and bread to keep me going???  

Easy , just go out and panic buy . take a leaf out of everyone elses book ! 

also how do the goverment advise the people about how to go about things when they dont even know enough about the virus itself ? done a wee bit if shopping and i was amazed at the number of people who were buying fresh produce instead of safe tinned items that last a long time ....    :drink: included !

1 hour ago, HertsRacer said:

A lot of towns are setting up community groups of volunteers who will get shopping,  medicines etc for the elderly. Try phoning your local council to see if they can give you a phone number for one near you.

Thanks, I will do.

3 hours ago, BWitcher said:

and THIS is precisely the problem.

"We are not safe". Give it a rest.

are you phishing for something thats not there ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Certainly is to my mother.

And  my 93 year old mother in law but easily sorted. Got her to write shopping list, phone it to me, I order it to be delivered to her.....sorted. 

33 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I understand.

Nobody died previously. 

Everyone lived infinite lives.

Thank god it is NOT taking as many lives as the flu yet.

The world is losing its '****' already. 

Public Health England told ITV News: "The number of flu cases and deaths due to flu-related complications varies each flu season.

"The average number of deaths in England for the last five seasons, 2014/15 to 2018/19, was 17,000 deaths annually.

"This ranged from 1,692 deaths last season, 2018/19, to 28,330 deaths in 2014/15."

God forbid, in the current sensationalist climate, this virus approaches anything remotely close to those figures.

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I understand.

Nobody died previously. 

Everyone lived infinite lives.

Thank god it is NOT taking as many lives as the flu yet.

The world is losing its '****' already. 

Public Health England told ITV News: "The number of flu cases and deaths due to flu-related complications varies each flu season.

"The average number of deaths in England for the last five seasons, 2014/15 to 2018/19, was 17,000 deaths annually.

"This ranged from 1,692 deaths last season, 2018/19, to 28,330 deaths in 2014/15."

God forbid, in the current sensationalist climate, this virus approaches anything remotely close to those figures.

I don't understand what you're saying... Are you saying you're not going to take it seriously until the death toll passes that of the flu?

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't understand what you're saying... Are you saying you're not going to take it seriously until the death toll passes that of the flu?

Well you didn't did you?

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

Well you didn't did you?

If you look back through the thread you'll see I took it deadly seriously from day 1 advising the screensport bloke to watch the BBC documentary... All I've seen you do is bang on about the blummin flu!

Just now, iainb said:

If you look back through the thread you'll see I took it deadly seriously from day 1 advising the screensport bloke to watch the BBC documentary... All I've seen you do is bang on about the blummin flu!

I'm asking why you didn't take 28,000 people dying from a virus seriously..

But you do take 35... are lives taken by the flu unimportant?

Besides, I was replying to a poster sharing something that was mocking the flu.

Personally an average of 17,000 deaths annually is not something to be mocked, but each to their own.

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I'm asking why you didn't take 28,000 people dying from a virus seriously..

But you do take 35... are lives taken by the flu unimportant?

Besides, I was replying to a poster sharing something that was mocking the flu.

Personally an average of 17,000 deaths annually is not something to be mocked, but each to their own.

I take anybody dying from a lung disease seriously. I watched my dad die from IPF 2 years ago and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

Edited by iainb

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

I take anybody dying from a lung disease seriously. I watched my dad die from one 2 years ago and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

I must have missed you banging on about it in previous years.

Got any quotes to share?

"The blummin flu" doesn't seem the words of someone who takes it seriously personally.

• Like 1

Just now, BWitcher said:

I must have missed you banging on about it in previous years.

Got any quotes to share?

"The blummin flu" doesn't seem the words of someone who takes it seriously personally.

Sick

Am presently in Fuerteventura, the last scheduled flights left the island today. 

As of tonight lock down has commenced, all bars, restaurants and take aways have closed, the local supermarket only allows five people in at a time and fines will be issued for anyone found on the beaches. The local Civil Guard are out on patrol too.. 

Edited by YerRopes