British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Audiscore said:

Why they need to call a meeting about this dint know. Common sense should prevail, the season should be postponed  until the pandemic is contol led.  Riders can't get here, others can't fly out causing real problems It's  a shame the controlling body can't make a desicion.

We are already seeing P&P days cancelled, that must lead to the postponement of meetings, its inevitable IMO.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Audiscore said:

Most cover is provided by private staff and ambulances paid for by the promotion. Not normally NHS staff,  I take the point on board they will be stressed by speedway accidents at NHS hospitals.

44 minutes ago, Audiscore said:

Most cover is provided by private staff and ambulances paid for by the promotion. Not normally NHS staff,  I take the point on board they will be stressed by speedway accidents at NHS hospitals.

Many of the private staff are NHS workers, who would be better employed in their normal jobs on overtime than standing in the pits at speedway. 

• Like 4

No doubt the BSPA will announce tomorrow that speedway is delayed....for how long?

My guess, is that we may be able to race again from mid summer but it will need a major reorganisation to fixtures.

1 hour ago, Audiscore said:

true , but i'm sure the paramedic isn't private.

We normally have so many blank weeks and supporters want fixtures every week, teams will just have to ride Monday and Thursday to fit them in, if we get any racing at all. Time for a independent person to do the fixtures to stop self interest.

59 minutes ago, james1234 said:

Whisper is that season delayed until at least May

The minimum of 12 weeks for the over 70's to not attend any gatherings, and I would think that is a good percentage of Speedway fans so that takes us to June.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, james1234 said:

Whisper is that season delayed until at least May

Ok. Then I'll shout.

Not a chance of getting under way by that early date.

Edited by Grand Central

24 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Ok. Then I'll shout.

Not a chance of getting under way by that early date.

Someone in the 'know' told me July 1st, for one of my local tracks.

The way things are going Speedway will be THE only sport running with spectators.

Surely it’ll be delayed until Summer...eventually!

The best the owners can hope for is an outright ban of mass gatherings by Boris, therefore triggering insurance payouts.

10 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Ridiculous figure, how can you say 499 is fine, 501 is not?

crowds / large gatherings should be banned, full stop.

But given your first sentence, what would be the bottom figure for your sentence.

5 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

No doubt the BSPA will announce tomorrow that speedway is delayed....for how long?

My guess, is that we may be able to race again from mid summer but it will need a major reorganisation to fixtures.

I read somewhere that the Championship is to be reduced to just one meeting for both home and away , and no cup meetings. I suppose the BSPA will have to wait to see how things pan out before they announce resume start date.  No doubt if it goes on longer than current estimates, the BSPA will have to a cutoff date that if there is not enough meeting slots left then the season will not start. 

how on earth are the bspa/scb and the fim going to survive ?

Not sure about bspa or fim, but surely speedway star, which is already in difficulty must be heading for big problems. It makes most of its money from track sales, and they just ain't going to happen for ages