British Speedway Forum

55 minutes ago, DBP said:

Just seen that Daniel Bewley thinks corona virus is a joke and that its not a major threat, he's winging that he's out of work, well millions of others are in the same boat.

Just hope non of his relatives catch the virus he then might change his tune selfish little sod.

It's almost certainly not a threat to Dan Bewley as he is young and fit, but yes stand well back. his older relatives and family friends.

Anyone who cannot see that it is a major threat to the over 60s and those with major medical complication and conditions is short sighted, unthinking and .......

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DBP said:

Just seen that Daniel Bewley thinks corona virus is a joke and that its not a major threat, he's winging that he's out of work, well millions of others are in the same boat.

Just hope non of his relatives catch the virus he then might change his tune selfish little sod.

Having met Dan Bewley on numerous occasions, I've never known him be winging (or even whinging) about anything.    He's a laid-back kid with a great attitude.   

Like all self-employed people in the country I'm sure he's worried about not having any work and an income, but if he's not sharing paranoid hysteria, and is retaining a sense of humour, then good on him.

At a time of crisis I'd rather be in it with someone with a sense of humour like Dan, than a humourless moaning sod like DBP.

• Like 1

I had a look at Dan Bewley's twitter and see that he posted a video from David Icke. Thinking it would be a right laugh, I thought I'd have a look.

Imagine my surprise to discover that Mr Icke was echoing my own experience of having a virus earlier in the year with the exact same symptoms to the letter. Meaning that either this virus has been in the UK longer than reported or there was another, identical virus, going round.

I remember at the time thinking that what I had would probably have probably killed my frail mother if she was still around.

Does this mean that Tony Blair and George W Bush were alien lizards after all?

• Like 3

Grachan this is exactly what we have all been saying where I work as before Christmas I camedown with a mild flu and everyone else had the same thing and it came on very suddenly and after it went it did take a little to fully shake off (cough and sneezes and bad head)  We all think the same that maybe that was possibly this virus and it came over earlier than they have been saying and possibly did not say anything at the time as they thought it was just a winter flu that we get most years.

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Having met Dan Bewley on numerous occasions, I've never known him be winging (or even whinging) about anything.    He's a laid-back kid with a great attitude.   

Like all self-employed people in the country I'm sure he's worried about not having any work and an income, but if he's not sharing paranoid hysteria, and is retaining a sense of humour, then good on him.

At a time of crisis I'd rather be in it with someone with a sense of humour like Dan, than a humourless moaning sod like DBP.

What a tosser you are, Bewley has a warped sense of humour if he thinks thousands of people dying of this virus is funny.

There is a difference between having a sense of humour and saying coronavirus is a joke and irrelevant the laid back kid should grow up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Richspeedway said:

Grachan this is exactly what we have all been saying where I work as before Christmas I camedown with a mild flu and everyone else had the same thing and it came on very suddenly and after it went it did take a little to fully shake off (cough and sneezes and bad head)  We all think the same that maybe that was possibly this virus and it came over earlier than they have been saying and possibly did not say anything at the time as they thought it was just a winter flu that we get most years.

Sneezing is not a sympton of te Coronavirus!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Sneezing is not a sympton of te Coronavirus!

What I had fitted with the symptoms. I was feverish for a few days and coughing hard for a couple of weeks, as though it would never go away. I also had a period where I was gasping a bit and struggling to breathe.

Both me and my wife had it. We also have two teenagers and a toddler in the house, and they didn't seem to catch anything despite fears that the toddler, in particular, would. This also seems to be something that links to it.

There is talk on there soon being a test available where people can find out if they've already had it. If that comes about I will certainly take it. It would be interesting to know.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Grachan said:

What I had fitted with the symptoms. I was feverish for a few days and coughing hard for a couple of weeks, as though it would never go away. I also had a period where I was gasping a bit and struggling to breathe.

Both me and my wife had it. We also have two teenagers and a toddler in the house, and they didn't seem to catch anything despite fears that the toddler, in particular, would. This also seems to be something that links to it.

There is talk on there soon being a test available where people can find out if they've already had it. If that comes about I will certainly take it. It would be interesting to know.

I sincerely hope you did have it Grachan (not meant in a bad way) along with many many others.

By the same token I sincerely hope many thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, more have it now than is reported (as they are not testing).

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

I had a look at Dan Bewley's twitter and see that he posted a video from David Icke. Thinking it would be a right laugh, I thought I'd have a look.

Imagine my surprise to discover that Mr Icke was echoing my own experience of having a virus earlier in the year with the exact same symptoms to the letter. Meaning that either this virus has been in the UK longer than reported or there was another, identical virus, going round.

I remember at the time thinking that what I had would probably have probably killed my frail mother if she was still around.

Does this mean that Tony Blair and George W Bush were alien lizards after all?

There are though 4 other coronavirus es that have been around for a few years, but don’t have the same death rate as this new model. Well that is what one German expert said on tv. Plus all the other viruses going round....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DBP said:

What a tosser you are, Bewley has a warped sense of humour if he thinks thousands of people dying of this virus is funny.

There is a difference between having a sense of humour and saying coronavirus is a joke and irrelevant the laid back kid should grow up.

Potterin is potty. Came out with a load of old rot a few days ago, so don’t worry. Sure there is more to come before all this blows over

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I sincerely hope you did have it Grachan (not meant in a bad way) along with many many others.

By the same token I sincerely hope many thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, more have it now than is reported (as they are not testing).

If I did, it was certainly before it was a "thing" here. I'm hoping so, too. Particularly with my wife suffering a Dawn of the Dead like existence by working in Aldi.

1 hour ago, DBP said:

He's clarified what he meant, he's said it felt like a joke (as in surreal) not that it is a joke or he's laughing about it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

There are though 4 other coronavirus es that have been around for a few years, but don’t have the same death rate as this new model. Well that is what one German expert said on tv. Plus all the other viruses going round....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

5 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

If Bewley is worried about not having any work and in need of an income.....he could go out and get a job.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/17/2020 at 8:28 PM, Wolfsbane said:

If he's short of a few bob he could flog his Carribean island. He's made a hell of a lot of money out of the labours of his employees over the years. Now they need him, he's gone missing. Shouldn't get a penny piece out of the taxpayer.

What comes next? Line all the rich gits up against a wall and have them shot like in the Russian Revolution? Or politically re-educate them in forced labour camps, Pol-Pot style? 

And then what? How does that cure the Coronavirus, which I thought this thread was all about?