British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

As I thought.   No sense of humour and a foul mouth.   

Coronavirus is not humourous and Bewley only changed his social media post after getting slated by fans of his polish club.

What a lovely human being you are ( I'm just being humorous)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DBP said:

Bewley only changed his social media post after

You can't change a twitter post.

Twitter famously has no edit button.  Maybe you just misread it before you went off on one...

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Are you for real. Practically every country near lock down, no control of a virus that can kill  people and could be carried by the others, no known antidote unlike the likes of flu, the countries finances in ruins and businesses going to the wall, all entertainment and groups banned, countries closing borders and you think it's just hype by the social media. I have never heard such garbage on the BSF. BTW Social media is actually helping to educate the public along with government announcements. Let's hope you don't get it, but then again it's just another seasonal virus to you.  

Cripes, Tsunami. For once we seem to be in full agreement!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Are you for real. Practically every country near lock down, no control of a virus that can kill  people and could be carried by the others, no known antidote unlike the likes of flu, the countries finances in ruins and businesses going to the wall, all entertainment and groups banned, countries closing borders and you think it's just hype by the social media. I have never heard such garbage on the BSF. BTW Social media is actually helping to educate the public along with government announcements. Let's hope you don't get it, but then again it's just another seasonal virus to you.  

And why do you think businesses are going to the wall? Because we are in virtual total lock down. So, when we eventually emerge from this epidemic, we won't have much of a country to carry on with. I'm not a young person with the attitude that 'it won't happen to me', I'm in my 60s, so probably in the higher end of risk, but I still feel total hysteria is making things worse. Why is it people like you, say people are speaking garbage when you don't agree with something? I know why, because you are silly old know it all and your contributions on the BSF over the years have proved that, certainly to me!    

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Tsunami said:

There are some people on this forum that won't take it seriously until the death toll passes that of seasonal flu... by which time of course it's all too late. I just hope that they are in a tiny minority.

A balance has to be made between informed information and a little bit of hysteria, fear is (rightly) being used to make people act, "social distancing" etc. Of course there are people who have higher fear thresholds (speedway riders a prime example)... and then there are the plain stupid and you just won't be able to reach them, which is where enforced lock down comes into play.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, iainb said:

There are some people on this forum that won't take it seriously until the death toll passes that of seasonal flu... by which time of course it's all too late. I just hope that they are in a tiny minority.

A balance has to be made between informed information and a little bit of hysteria, fear is (rightly) being used to make people act, "social distancing" etc. Of course there are people who have higher fear thresholds (speedway riders a prime example)... and then there are the plain stupid and you just won't be able to reach them, which is where enforced lock down comes into play.

I do agree. The problem is knowing what to believe.  There are people who post knowingly false information on social media which gets picked up on and is believed to be true when it isn't. 

Edited by HertsRacer
  • Like 2

One pleasant side effect of the coronavirus is it appears to have solved King's Lynn's notorious traffic jams. Went to the local butcher and then to an edge of town shopping complex for cat litter today and rush hour when it's normally nose to tail crawling there was not a queue in sight! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

One pleasant side effect of the coronavirus is it appears to have solved King's Lynn's notorious traffic jams. Went to the local butcher and then to an edge of town shopping complex for cat litter today and rush hour when it's normally nose to tail crawling there was not a queue in sight! 

I've noticed it too. I suppose one thing we won't run out of is fuel :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I've noticed it too. I suppose one thing we won't run out of is fuel :)

No shortage of speed vans on the A11 either ...

3 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

And why do you think businesses are going to the wall? Because we are in virtual total lock down. So, when we eventually emerge from this epidemic, we won't have much of a country to carry on with. I'm not a young person with the attitude that 'it won't happen to me', I'm in my 60s, so probably in the higher end of risk, but I still feel total hysteria is making things worse. Why is it people like you, say people are speaking garbage when you don't agree with something? I know why, because you are silly old know it all and your contributions on the BSF over the years have proved that, certainly to me!    

Correct, and your initial post and reply might just show why. :(

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Correct, and your initial post and reply might just show why. :(

Sad man!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Star Lady said:

to an edge of town shopping complex for cat litter today

toilet roll shortage is annoying isn't it

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, stevehone said:

toilet roll shortage is annoying isn't it

I can't find a supermarket with crumpets! :sad: