British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

I can't find a supermarket with crumpets! :sad:

I know...I had the same problem at Morrisons! How can one stock crumpets? Apparently there are lots to be had in Berwick!!

we seemed to find most of what we needed between Lidl, Aldi, and Tesco, including toilet roll at Lidl

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Sad man!

Only one sad man on here. Look how many have supported my post which was condemning your post. :blink:

• Like 1

Just now, stevehone said:

we seemed to find most of what we needed between Lidl, Aldi, and Tesco, including toilet roll at Lidl

Quite agree. My wife went to do her weekly shop a day earlier to ASDA, and had to get all the rest of the shopping in Aldi who had things aplenty. 

It seems that securing even a single crumpet in perfect condition to feast upon ( covered in butter ) is becomg the biggest of all the challenges during the Covid19  "war". It has never been so hard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My letter to Tesco Customer Service today, I sent a similar one to Sainsbury's too.

Good Morning Mr Lewis,

As a follow up to my e-mail to you late yesterday afternoon, I put the TESCO promise to the test this morning of putting aside one hour from 9.00-am -10.00am for the over 70’s and vulnerable people to do their shopping.

I visited the store in Hunstanton, Norfolk only to find nearly as many younger people shopping as those of us that were supposed to have that privileged hour.

As expected, it was a total pull the wool over your eyes job, nobody will realise to any great extent that we lied and had no intention of going along with our false promise, is the approach I feel the company that you work for is taking.

Although they did have a reasonable stock of fruit and veg, the bakery was empty, no pasta, no eggs and guess what…...no toilet paper!!
I asked a senior member of staff where the toilet paper was, and he said that they don’t take delivery until after 10.00am, so I said “What’s the point of the company that you represent, offering us an hours grace, which isn’t being adhered to anyway, when you don’t have the items that we desperately require until after our privileged window to shop.

“Don’t know mate” came the reply, “I know no more”.

Older people in particular start to develop weakened muscles and in a lot of cases bowel diseases and leakages (my wife suffers the latter badly for a few days after chemo), and not only want toilet paper and other toiletries of that nature, but it is an essential item to them. Things like that are about cleanliness and not having to walk around with dirty and stained underwear, causing you to smell.  I know this is getting a bit heavy and personal talking like that, but it's vitally important, because that sort of thing could spread diseases, and we've already got enough of that with the coronavirus disease.

I've got the impression, that all the major supermarkets are loving this coronavirus thing, in as much that they’re making millions out of all this bulk buying, by the selected few who are in the right place at the right time.

Like yesterday, I would appreciate your comments on today's communication please

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Only one sad man on here. Look how many have supported my post which was condemning your post. :blink:

Well, maybe all sad like you! Counting your 'likes'! Lol! How sad is that! Sounds like you are going stir crazy Mr T! :icon_smile_clown: 

• Sad 1

On 3/20/2020 at 4:26 PM, Ray Stadia said:

Well, maybe all sad like you! Counting your 'likes'! Lol! How sad is that! Sounds like you are going stir crazy Mr T! :icon_smile_clown: 

I never quoted that they were 'likes'  for exactly the response you have made. People who did respond were varied, known and unknown, but all supported presumably my sentiments, and my response to your views on the present terrible situation we are in. I think we have both said too much on this matter, and I would hope you might take note the responses and might hopefully review your Initial thoughts.  

Edited by Tsunami

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I never quoted that they were 'likes'  for exactly the response you have made. People who did respond were varied, known and unknown, but all supported presumably my sentiments, and my response to your views on the present terrible situation we are in. I think we have both said too much on this manner, and I would hope you might take note the responses and might hopefully review your Initial thoughts.  

The usual BSF mantra 'you are not allowed to have another opinion'. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

The usual BSF mantra 'you are not allowed to have another opinion'. :rolleyes:

Tsunami is notable for his absence on the other, more detailed, discussion of Covid-19..

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Tsunami is notable for his absence on the other, more detailed, discussion of Covid-19..

And that means what?

to have an opinion on any subject, you have to search out any topic on that subject and join in

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

And that means what?

to have an opinion on any subject, you have to search out any topic on that subject and join in

I haven't mentioned anything about his opinion.

It's Tsunami who is attacking Raystadia's opinion and claiming he is the only one who shares it.. he is far from that.

• Like 2