British Speedway Forum

something for the weekend sir !

live stream music  from a band called flynt @ 8.30 pm on  sunday the 22nd march , tomorrow  .

search for flynts night in , it is on the bands facebook page, although it may take you to their twitter account . scroll down and the info will be their . 

one of Cumbrias finest bands will do a set lasting around 45 mins . 

hope you enjoy it . J .. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You've never seen 180 people die from a virus related illness in the UK before?

Could you please contact all the leaders from all the countries in the world and share your research with them so we can all get beck to normal, I am sure they would appreciate it

I am now sure that you just on a wind up, no one could come out with statements as stupid as yours if it not a wind up.

as I keep falling for your wind up I will now stop answering your posts

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You've never seen 180 people die from a virus related illness in the UK before?

This quote makes sense, my answer is not about the replies after it.

People die from flu every year, for a reason unknown to me, this the first time its big time news. We had SARS, but that even that did not shut things down.

52 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Not one with no cure from what i can remember.

Influenza has no cure. Otherwise it wouldn't kill between 250,000 and 600,000 every year.

I'm not belittling Covid-19.

I'm simply pointing out, if the media hyped up the amount that die from different strains of influenza, we'd be locked down every flu season.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 6

38 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Could you please contact all the leaders from all the countries in the world and share your research with them so we can all get beck to normal, I am sure they would appreciate it

I am now sure that you just on a wind up, no one could come out with statements as stupid as yours if it not a wind up.

as I keep falling for your wind up I will now stop answering your posts

I see, so 250,000 to 600,000 dying each and every year is 'a wind up'.

Good to know.

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

Not one with no cure from what i can remember.

There's not a cure for flu if you get it. There is a vaccine for a number of flu's, but not all flu's. A doctor would just say keep taking paracetamol and ibuprofen. You can take the 2 together, so a nurse tells me. 

21 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Influenza has no cure. Otherwise it wouldn't kill between 250,000 and 600,000 every year.

I'm not belittling Covid-19.

I'm simply pointing out, if the media hyped up the amount that die from different strains of influenza, we'd be locked down every flu season.

I believe that you are quite right about this and I too am shocked that no real comparison is being drawn. Supposedly killed 8,000 here last winter but no lockdown of society and no headlines. The problem seems to be the speed at which Covid 19 spreads ( wether checked by any means or not checked ).  If 260,000 would die here from Covid 19 if not stopped, that would be a national disaster and vastly worse than any normal flu season.

Looking at all of the morons in the parks and on the beaches. There seems to be a fair number of people still not taking the threat seriously.

32 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Looking at all of the morons in the parks and on the beaches. There seems to be a fair number of people still not taking the threat seriously.

I was at Bridlington yesterday and there were many people exercising their dogs on the beach...I guess walking the dog will be very much more restrained from now on. Not sure how I'll be able to exercise my friend's dog now. Life has just turned upside down. I will certainly be curtailing my movements from now on but the dreaded food shop is still on the agenda and I ain't looking forward to it.

Trouble is having watched the news it's the usual thing...many people basicallly raising a thumb to their nose snubbiing any advice given and spoiling it for the rest of us.

59 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

They were probably telling each other that the flu kills more people every year!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

They were probably telling each other that the flu kills more people every year!

And they will probably be the first to complain when or if we move to full lockdown 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DSC67 said:

And they will probably be the first to complain when or if we move to full lockdown 

It will be WHEN they call a full lockdown...….I think next weekend.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I was at Bridlington yesterday and there were many people exercising their dogs on the beach...I guess walking the dog will be very much more restrained from now on. Not sure how I'll be able to exercise my friend's dog now. Life has just turned upside down. I will certainly be curtailing my movements from now on but the dreaded food shop is still on the agenda and I ain't looking forward to it.

Trouble is having watched the news it's the usual thing...many people basicallly raising a thumb to their nose snubbiing any advice given and spoiling it for the rest of us.

So you were out at the seaside and are now complaining about others at the seaside...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

So you were out at the seaside and are now complaining about others at the seaside...

Sat in the car overlooking the sea with a picnic self isolating...however won't be returning anytime soon now that the advice has been stepped up.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, steve roberts said:

All depends on what Boris has planned. If it is like here in Germany then there are certain exceptions, such as just going out for a walk or walking the dog or helping someone who can't go out. So you helping someone out with their dog would fall into two categories there.

I wonder if Boris is looking at an exception for the great crumpet hunt ?:rofl:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1