British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

All depends on what Boris has planned. If it is like here in Germany then there are certain exceptions, such as just going out for a walk or walking the dog or helping someone who can't go out. So you helping someone out with their dog would fall into two categories there.

I wonder if Boris is looking at an exception for the great crumpet hunt ?:rofl:

I got lucky yesterday! Aldi had plenty, but I hadn't seen them for over a week! I only bought the one pack. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

I got lucky yesterday! Aldi had plenty, but I hadn't seen them for over a week! I only bought the one pack. 

I managed the one packet at a local store yesterday...the great crumpet hunt continues!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, iainb said:

They were probably telling each other that the flu kills more people every year!

It does, you imbecile.

Staggering you have such little regard for 250,000 to 600,000 people losing their lives.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

It does, you imbecile.

Staggering you have such little regard for 250,000 to 600,000 people losing their lives.

Dude, seriously, have a word with yourself. Normally i agree with you, or at least your logic, but no need for name calling, especially when you are deliberately misrepresenting his point. 

I know several health professionals, from ground level to senior strategic  all say one of the big issues is people comparing to the flu.

Corona is more contagious, has no vaccine, higher morality rate, higher rate of serious cases. There's a good reason governments are imposing lockdowns, despite the impact doing so has on their economies - and that's advice from health experts, not due to the media. 

No one is down playing the annual deaths from flu. But this new virus has potential to cause far more. 

Stay safe, stay well all. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Dude, seriously, have a word with yourself. Normally i agree with you, or at least your logic, but no need for name calling, especially when you are deliberately misrepresenting his point. 

I know several health professionals, from ground level to senior strategic  all say one of the big issues is people comparing to the flu.

Corona is more contagious, has no vaccine, higher morality rate, higher rate of serious cases. There's a good reason governments are imposing lockdowns, despite the impact doing so has on their economies - and that's advice from health experts, not due to the media. 

No one is down playing the annual deaths from flu. But this new virus has potential to cause far more. 

The thing that worries me about lockdowns, is you may just be deferring the contagion and in fact, you maybe elongating the contagion. The government seem to be saying and the experts, the lockdown is important to protect the NHS, which I understand, but lockdowns over a long period, can't be sustainable. I sincerely hope the strategy is the right strategy.  

Edited by Ray Stadia

37 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Not at all, that cretin has dismissed it several times on other threads. And yes, I will call someone a cretin who dismisses such a loss of life as insignificant. His comment says it all.

Corona is not yet proven to be more contagious. Figures are beginning to prove that.

Strands of flu infect millions within weeks at the start of each flu season. That is WITH a vaccine.

The death rate is as yet unproven. The more testing done, the lower it is becoming.

And yes people ARE playing down the annual deaths from the flu, it is ludicrous to suggest they are not. 

The Third Man is just one such person.

I have not belittled Covid-19, which The Third Man claims...

Yes it is something to be taken seriously as all viruses are.

Edited by BWitcher

10 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

The thing that worries me about lockdowns, is you may just be deferring the contagion and in fact, you maybe elongating the contagion. The government seem to be saying and the experts, the lockdown is important to protect the NHS, which I understand, but lockdowns over a long period, can't be sustainable. I sincerely hope the strategy is the right strategy.  

Agreed, not a sustainable solution. But, without wanting to sound like a parrott, it is about "flattenning the curve." Reducing the peak will help ensure hospital beds for those who need them, which will reduce fatalities both from covid and other illnesses. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

It's not sustainable financially but delaying it enough will allow more people to be treated because more beds and nebulisers will be freed up. Less people will needlessly die and medical scientists will have longer to work out the best medicines to treat the symptoms. People have to continue getting this but it needs to be controlled like a tap. It sucks though because we will all be paying the financial burden of this for generations. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Not at all, that cretin has dismissed it several times on other threads. And yes, I will call someone a cretin who dismisses such a loss of life as insignificant. His comment says it all.

Corona is not yet proven to be more contagious. Figures are beginning to prove that.

Strands of flu infect millions within weeks at the start of each flu season. That is WITH a vaccine.

The death rate is as yet unproven. The more testing done, the lower it is becoming.

And yes people ARE playing down the annual deaths from the flu, it is ludicrous to suggest they are not. 

The Third Man is just one such person.

I have not belittled Covid-19, which The Third Man claims...

Yes it is something to be taken seriously as all viruses are.

If you're referring to this cretin, then I'm sorry to have to disappoint you in the fact that I haven't mentioned this topic on any other thread.

You are one sick individual. In fact I suggest we meet up once this is over and we can have it out.

Perhaps we can do it for charity? I'll donate to the SRBF, you can donate to your favourite flu charity.

I'm in Leicester, where are you?

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

If you're referring to this cretin, then I'm sorry to have to disappoint you in the fact that I haven't mentioned this topic on any other thread.

You are one sick individual. In fact I suggest we meet up once this is over and we can have it out.

Perhaps we can do it for charity? I'll donate to the SRBF, you can donate to your favourite flu charity.

I'm in Leicester, where are you?

Apologies, I thought the post was on the other, more intelligent thread.

What is there to have out? 

The point is, hundreds of thousands die from the flu annually. You think that's irrelevant and not a matter of concern. That is sick.

Covid-19 is a virus that is of course a matter of concern too. 

110,252 deaths from flu this year. 
16,314 from Covid-19.

If you think either should be dismissed, you've got a screw loose.

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Apologies, I thought the post was on the other, more intelligent thread.

What is there to have out? 

The point is, hundreds of thousands die from the flu annually. You think that's irrelevant and not a matter of concern. That is sick.

Covid-19 is a virus that is of course a matter of concern too. 

110,252 deaths from flu this year. 
16,314 from Covid-19.

If you think either should be dismissed, you've got a screw loose.

I want to have out that you've called me an imbecile, a cretin, and even had a go at me about me not "banging" on about watching my dad die from Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Where do you want to do this?

46 minutes ago, iainb said:

I want to have out that you've called me an imbecile, a cretin, and even had a go at me about me not "banging" on about watching my dad die from Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Where do you want to do this?

To jump in as 'referee' I don't think this is the time to be taking 'lumps' out of each other. We are all feeling frustrated, jumpy and frightened. If the politicians can be restraint, then I think members of the BSF can also. Rather than us descending into the usual 'my opinion is better than yours', as happens on BSF, is not helpful. Can't we all be allowed to have an opinion, without being insulting? I only called Tsunami a sad man, because he said my comments were garbage and therefore, I rose to his slating. I shouldn't have done. Can we please move forward and share opinions, challenge opinions yes, but in a civil and constructive way.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

To jump in as 'referee' I don't think this is the time to be taking 'lumps' out of each other. We are all feeling frustrated, jumpy and frightened. If the politicians can be restraint, then I think members of the BSF can also. Rather than us descending into the usual 'my opinion is better than yours', as happens on BSF, is not helpful. Can't we all be allowed to have an opinion, without being insulting? I only called Tsunami a sad man, because he said my comments were garbage and therefore, I rose to his slating. I shouldn't have done. Can we please move forward and share opinions, challenge opinions yes, but in a civil and constructive way.  

I accept differences in opinion, it's what this forum is all about. What I WILL NOT accept is personal abuse.

• Like 2