British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Tim G said:

A big muscle bike, biggest I have had is a Fireblade and the original R1.

It's off topic, but in these times, who cares!!! My last was a Tuono 1000, before that a street fightered RRX Blade

My last bike was a Jawa 997 Godden grass track bike. Which I still have. Take me back there Scotty! 

5 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

My last bike was a Jawa 997 Godden grass track bike. Which I still have. Take me back there Scotty! 

Do you have a pic Ray :t: Be a change from the doom and gloom

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Those Tuono’s are meant to be an exciting ride!!

Yeah I had 1 tooth down on the front ant 2 up on the rear. It was lively :D

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Do you have a pic Ray :t: Be a change from the doom and gloom

Sorry, have tried to upload a photo, but have been told it exceeds the limit, not sure why. My bike ( and my riding) was not exceptional, but I enjoyed myself! I started with a Weslake, which developed a weird problem, then switched to a new Jawa engine, Jawa 2 speed gearbox and a Godden frame, was having fun, then lost my job, (sounds familiar), not ridden since! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Sorry, have tried to upload a photo, but have been told it exceeds the limit, not sure why. My bike ( and my riding) was not exceptional, but I enjoyed myself! I started with a Weslake, which developed a weird problem, then switched to a new Jawa engine, Jawa 2 speed gearbox and a Godden frame, was having fun, then lost my job, (sounds familiar), not ridden since! 

You did more than most on here Ray :t: I ride big cc road bikes, but had a go on a mates speedway bike in a near by field.. Did a start and crapped myself.It was the no brake thing that got me.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

You did more than most on here Ray :t:

Aww! Bless you! Thank you BB! I was hooked on the castor oil! Lovely!   

1 minute ago, Ray Stadia said:

Aww! Bless you! Thank you BB! I was hooked on the castor oil! Lovely!   

I was thinking about getting some for my lawn mower :rofl:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You did more than most on here Ray :t: I ride big cc road bikes, but had a go on a mates speedway bike in a near by field.. Did a start and crapped myself.It was the no brake thing that got me.

I remember a good grasser, Dave Holman, who started grass tracking later in life and did quite well. He put it down to riding big road bikes, before grass tracking! 

9 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

I remember a good grasser, Dave Holman, who started grass tracking later in life and did quite well. He put it down to riding big road bikes, before grass tracking! 

I flat tracked with Dave (assume it's the same one) until he packed it in a couple of years ago, we were of similar ability and progressed through to the Pro's almost together so had some good races,think he is doing MX now.

This is my first ever flat track race, I'd had one go on the bike beforehand :rolleyes: you can see I am learning each lap. Dave Holman is the guy who won the race and went on to win the Restricted class Championship that year, it was close on the line, neither of us was sure who won at the time. So there I was thinking how I was Billy Big balls nearly winning against the fastest guy in the group, went out in the next race and broke my Tibia and Fibula and messed the ligaments up a fair bit. Back to earth with a bump - literally :D

Edited by Vince
  • Like 3

I think the big question following yesterday's announcement is: Do crumpets count as essential supplies?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Vince said:

I flat tracked with Dave (assume it's the same one) until he packed it in a couple of years ago, we were of similar ability and progressed through to the Pro's almost together so had some good races,think he is doing MX now.

This is my first ever flat track race, I'd had one go on the bike beforehand :rolleyes: you can see I am learning each lap. Dave Holman is the guy who won the race and went on to win the Restricted class Championship that year, it was close on the line, neither of us was sure who won at the time. So there I was thinking how I was Billy Big balls nearly winning against the fastest guy in the group, went out in the next race and broke my Tibia and Fibula and messed the ligaments up a fair bit. Back to earth with a bump - literally :D

Great video!

1 hour ago, Vince said:

It could be the same Dave Holman. I think he lived in the Dunmow area, in Essex. Dave would be about mid to late 50s now. 

2 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

It could be the same Dave Holman. I think he lived in the Dunmow area, in Essex. Dave would be about mid to late 50s now. 

I'm 95% sure it is him, he did a bit of Speedway as a youngster too then didn't race for years but I know he did some Grasstrack later on before the flat track. He's definitely from Essex and I think he is a year younger than me and I'm 58.