British Speedway Forum

21 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

i suppose they would be different but then again we are in a grey area, no one gives answers .. take the food shopping for example,,, people being told to buy sensibly, but me and you need food for home and a weeks pack up, the canteen is closed and the vending machine is getting empty.  at least i know others are still open as i felt it was just us as others in our group around the world have closed

Our vending machines are no longer getting filled up and we don't have access to a canteen but have been advised to only have a maximum of 6 people in the rest room at any given time and observe the 2m rule, and wait for it, if we don't feel safe eating with others then eat in our cars! And getting back to the 2m rule we work closer then that on the shop floor!!

53 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Our vending machines are no longer getting filled up and we don't have access to a canteen but have been advised to only have a maximum of 6 people in the rest room at any given time and observe the 2m rule, and wait for it, if we don't feel safe eating with others then eat in our cars! And getting back to the 2m rule we work closer then that on the shop floor!!

Quite bizzare! My brother works at a sweet packing factory in York and a similar scenario exists apparently.

I hope they are wearing haz mat suits to pack the sweets? That's how it spreads - give someone your last rolo and Sayonara!

3 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Quite bizzare! My brother works at a sweet packing factory in York and a similar scenario exists apparently.

Yorkie bars? 

25 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I hope they are wearing haz mat suits to pack the sweets? That's how it spreads - give someone your last rolo and Sayonara!

Thats no problem nobody gets my last Rolo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Yorkie bars? 

Boiled and chewy sweets I'm afraid...not a chocolate bar in sight!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Sad 1

My son has just dropped off some vital supplies on my doorstep - a six pack of crumpets!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There were loads in ASDA. No toilet rolls but plenty of Crumpets. :D

19 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Are they super absorbent Gem :D

• Haha 6

Cardiff GP is looking vulnerable as they are going to turn the stadium into a temporary corona virus hospital.  Stay safe everyone.

13 hours ago, Gemini said:

You can also use your fingers to wipe your bottom when there is not a toilet roll in sight, but a crumpet in your hands is a thing of wonder!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/27/2020 at 9:05 AM, Sotonian said:

That is a beautiful JAP, what speedway bikes still should look and sound like!

You look to be taller than the average rider but still really stylish. Also, is that a 22" rear wheel?

Apologies for misleading people, I was alluding to resizing and posting photos ("if anyone can do it") definitely not riding speedway, something I would never joke about.

However I have had a go and your right, I am tall, here's a Mick Kilby pic.of me at the Mike Broadbank training track '67.

resized me 67 (2).jpg

• Like 4

(From the ACU Website)
 Monday March 30, 2020 at 11:08am

In light of recent developments in the COVID-19 crisis, and following the address to the nation by the Prime Minister on the evening of 23rd March, the Auto-Cycle Union has today extended its suspension of all organising permits for motorcycle events until at least 31st May but will be constantly reviewed.

Will there be a point in time when it becomes unviable for Australian riders (who have returned/remained at home) to come over to the UK? If so, when is that likely to happen?