British Speedway Forum

On 3/30/2020 at 3:11 PM, Gambo said:

(From the ACU Website)
 Monday March 30, 2020 at 11:08am

In light of recent developments in the COVID-19 crisis, and following the address to the nation by the Prime Minister on the evening of 23rd March, the Auto-Cycle Union has today extended its suspension of all organising permits for motorcycle events until at least 31st May but will be constantly reviewed.

I wonder what the advice in Germany is, as BSI are still selling tickets for the German SGP on 30th May :-o 

Tickets are also still being sold for the GP at Cardiff but I wonder what chance that has of going ahead as planning is underway to use the  Principality Stadium as a 2,000 bed hospital for Coronovirus patients.

15 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Tickets are also still being sold for the GP at Cardiff but I wonder what chance that has of going ahead as planning is underway to use the  Principality Stadium as a 2,000 bed hospital for Coronovirus patients.

No chance, who would be buying tickets at this stage

Got my hotels with a right to cancel, will wait until I cancel, but it wont be going ahead

32 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

No chance, who would be buying tickets at this stage

Got my hotels with a right to cancel, will wait until I cancel, but it wont be going ahead

...and they'll be then expecting the Government to air lift them out of Wales.

I wished to see a play in York (April) at the local theatre but resisted the temptation in buying tickets because it was becoming obvious how things were developing regarding public gatherings and/or attractions back in February/early March...certainly to me anyway....despite reassurance from the ticketing office that monies would be re-funded in the event of a cancellation.

Edited by steve roberts

Theatre tickets from last week - offered credit for future tickets or refund and refund already processed

Premier Inn - brilliantly proactively made refund offer even on a no amendment room

Due 3 days away from yesterday - already refunded

Butlins at Easter - refund in progress

The Who concert already rearranged for 2021!!

Noel Gallagher due June - cancelled this morning with refund already in progress apparently

Just waiting on Guns N Roses  and Areosmith concert announcements for May and July to be sorted

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Theatre tickets from last week - offered credit for future tickets or refund and refund already processed

Premier Inn - brilliantly proactively made refund offer even on a no amendment room

Due 3 days away from yesterday - already refunded

Butlins at Easter - refund in progress

The Who concert already rearranged for 2021!!

Noel Gallagher due June - cancelled this morning with refund already in progress apparently

Just waiting on Guns N Roses  and Areosmith concert announcements for May and July to be sorted

You got way too much money Bruv looking at that list :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

You got way too much money Bruv looking at that list :D

We had gone for a Plan A events 'blow out' 2020 on these rather than a 2 weeks all inclusive somewhere in August

I think we all hope Plan B of the holiday in August will be an option  - if not we will all be tearing our hair out (well for me what little I have left anyway :))

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

We had gone for a Plan A events 'blow out' 2020 on these rather than a 2 weeks all inclusive somewhere in August

I think we all hope Plan B of the holiday in August will be an option  - if not we will all be tearing our hair out (well for me what little I have left anyway :))

Well I can’t help you out there, most of my hair is on my big toes ...

• Haha 2

Just now, Blupanther said:

Well I can’t help you out there, most of my hair is on my big toes ...

Things will be so bad soon that you will count them and make an announcement on here ;)

Others will be so bored that they will ask for you to post a picture so they can count too and check you are correct :lol:

• Haha 1

First time ever I bought my GP tickets well in advance but expect at some point I'll be offered a refund and booked Travelodge on flexi rate minutes after last year's GP finished and got a really good price, was really surprised when I looked that rooms were actually on sale so far in advance.  Oh well people's lives must come first hopefully things will go back to some sort of normality in the not too distant future.  Stay safe everyone.

I'm coming rapidly to the conclusion there will be no racing this year. 

I have tickets for Wroclaw GP but I don't see it taking place in August. 

There is a very faint cahnce that in Septemebr and October we might see some "taster" racing to whet our appetites for a 2021 season.

That will see fewer clubs coming to the tapes next year.

6 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

There is a very faint cahnce that in Septemebr and October we might see some "taster" racing to whet our appetites for a 2021 season.

I’m not sure why that should be. Most tracks make losses. Will the losses be greater if they don’t run?
In my view, speedway in UK will survive if speedway supporters want it to. 

• Like 2

If there is no racing the books of most clubs will be more healthy than in previous years. 
im furloughed at the moment and working on decorating my house. So all my weekend jobs will be complete when racing hopefully resumes. 
I shall be going to as much speedway as I possibly can as you don’t know what you have until it’s taken away. 
what’s the betting when we do resume the weather changes for the worse. 

8 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

In a perverse way this shut down will probably be saving clubs from making significant losses with low early season crowds etc. You would think that just now clubs outgoings will be just about zero, no wages to be to riders and others and you would think no rent to pay for those clubs with landlords.