British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Well ,all I would say is this :

Japan is not on not on total lock down . It is a partial lockdown. The Japenese Oylympics have not been postponed for no reason at at all.. The Japanese  PM has said there might  yet be an explosion of Japanese cases. He didn’t say that for no reason. He said it because of received wisdom, which may or not not be correct.

But,....big, big big BUT. The a lot of epidemiologists are looking at Japan. and Japan might , just MIGHT be on to something, albeit inadvertently be on to something . I put it no higher than that,  Time will tell if they are .

I am a cautious person. Lies damned lies and statistics and all that. Life’s experiences have taught me not to jump too quick.. That’s all.. Others may feel  differently. I am very lucky living round here where people seem to behave sensibly.

I don't disagree with any of that.

I just simply point to what the 'experts' that we are told by some we must listen too said if a country didn't lock down. It wouldn't just see them get cases.. but an absolute crazy amount.. hundreds of thousands were to die.. 

Not locking down isn't a cure... the issue is, has locking down actually made any difference, or enough of a difference to warrant the severe collateral damage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Priti Patel says she is sorry....:oops:

If Diane Abbott had made the same mistake, it’d be splashed across the front page of all the national newspapers and she'd never be allowed to forget it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Priti Patel says she is sorry....:oops:

She said no such thing:rolleyes:

Edited by Wolfsbane

9 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

And there’s the truth.

You wouldn't know the truth if it ran over you in the street.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Quite so. It was an 'I'm sorry you feel that way' non-apology apology.

I guess that she is still under investigation about 'alleged allegations' made as regards bullying in the workplace?

Edited by steve roberts

4 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I guess that she is still under investigation about 'alleged allegations' made as regards bullying in the workplace?

If you give a baby the name 'Priti', you are gambling that your daughter is not going to be ugly!  

• Like 2

There seems to be little doubt ( IMHO ) that she is Priti unempathic in much the same way that Raab also is. Looking down on the plebs.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

There seems to be little doubt ( IMHO ) that she is Priti unempathic in much the same way that Raab also is. Looking down on the plebs.

Not uncommon from many politicians, until they seek re-election :)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I actually view the others as feigning empathy.