British Speedway Forum

Just now, HGould said:

If you think hospitals are ready to deal with unnecessary sporting injuries you are definitely living in a parallel universe. A + E are dealing primarily with Coronovirus, those not are seeing reduce traffic as no one unless critically ill will risk going to A + E in case they catch the virus. I doubt many riders would take the risk right now. I'm even more sure that majority of supporters would risk going to speedway right now or feel it right to do so. 3 - 4 months away at least.

Someone has been watching too much MSM and drunk their kool aid BS. The best way to control people is to keep them afraid, you certainly prove that point ...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, HGould said:

If you think hospitals are ready to deal with unnecessary sporting injuries you are definitely living in a parallel universe. A + E are dealing primarily with Coronovirus, those not are seeing reduce traffic as no one unless critically ill will risk going to A + E in case they catch the virus. I doubt many riders would take the risk right now. I'm even more sure that majority of supporters would risk going to speedway right now or feel it right to do so. 3 - 4 months away at least.

What risk would the riders be taking?

I wasn't aware we had many 65+ aged riders.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, BWitcher said:

What risk would the riders be taking?

I wasn't aware we had many 65+ aged riders.

Go check the number of fit under 50's dying and show some respect!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

I already have. 

Now go check it against the number of under 50's dying from other things and learn some context.

If you're under 50 and healthy you have more chance of being killed in a car crash than dying from Covid-19.

It's nothing to do with 'respect'.. it's to do with reality.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Someone has been watching too much MSM and drunk their kool aid BS. The best way to control people is to keep them afraid, you certainly prove that point ...

I hope you don't lose family or friends like I have. Maybe if you had you'd not be so arrogant and have some respect?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HGould said:

I hope you don't lose family or friends like I have. Maybe if you had you'd not be so arrogant and have some respect?

That has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at all.

You've made claims that are false, been shown to be wrong and are now trotting out nonsense.

No disrespect is being shown to anyone who dies, death is always tragic, whatever the circumstances. 

Sorry to hear of any loss you have had.

Edited by BWitcher

11 minutes ago, HGould said:

Sorry for your loss, but it helps if your comments are fueled by facts, rather than emotion...

1 hour ago, HGould said:

About 300 out of 20,000 hospital deaths. Actually, that’s under 65s so I doubt it’s more than 100 under 50.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

About 300 out of 20,000 hospital deaths. Actually, that’s under 65s so I doubt it’s more than 100 under 50.

And even less when you add in 'fit'.. i.e. no serious underlying condition.

12 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

And even less when you add in 'fit'.. i.e. no serious underlying condition.

The 300 is under 60 without underlying conditions. The total under 60 including underlying conditions is 1,623.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The 300 is under 60 without underlying conditions. The total under 60 including underlying conditions is 1,623.

Fair point.. but even less Under 50 as you say.. and given most speedway riders are under 40, even less still.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Interesting thread, well worth a read. 

Very poor actually, very one dimensional, seems to be trying to insinuate that every excess death is Covid-19 when clearly that is not the case.

The majority of them are Covid-19.

Some recorded as Covid are not Covid.

Some countries won't be revealing their true Covid figures

There will be many excess deaths caused by lockdown that aren't Covid related.

Edited by BWitcher

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Very poor actually, very one dimensional, seems to be trying to insinuate that every excess death is Covid-19 when clearly that is not the case.

The majority of them are Covid-19.

Some recorded as Covid are not Covid.

Some countries won't be revealing their true Covid figures

There will be many excess deaths caused by lockdown that aren't Covid related.

We should be loking at new cases not deaths to give us an idea of the way the lockdown is working!