British Speedway Forum

On 4/26/2020 at 8:08 PM, HGould said:

I hope you don't lose family or friends like I have. Maybe if you had you'd not be so arrogant and have some respect?

Mate you are wasting your breath on that idiot

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, westhamboy66 said:

One of the most pathetically stupid, ill informed comments I have ever seen. I truly hope you will get it so can correct your idiotic comment when you are fit enough.

So you thought you'd top it eh? You succeeded.

If you're under 50 you'd far rather have Covid-19 than the flu.

Edited by BWitcher

1 hour ago, westhamboy66 said:

One of the most pathetically stupid, ill informed comments I have ever seen. I truly hope you will get it so can correct your idiotic comment when you are fit enough.

You hope I get Covid?  That says enough, doesn’t it.

And it’s not my idiotic comment, I’m quoting government statistics.

44 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

So you thought you'd top it eh? You succeeded.

If you're under 50 you'd far rather have Covid-19 than the flu.

I'm over 50, i had it, and it was a walk in the park compared to the flu ...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Exactly.

Unfortunately this is the hole the government (and the media even more so) have now dug. Such ill educated people out there that will cause immense problems with any proposed relaxing of the lockdown.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Im 60,I had it, was no walk in the park for me in fact I couldn’t walk, 10 days in hospital on oxygen, been out 10 days now and can just about manage a shower before having to rest again, no underlying health problems either.

Give me flu any day 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Red Flag said:

Im 60,I had it, was no walk in the park for me in fact I couldn’t walk, 10 days in hospital on oxygen, been out 10 days now and can just about manage a shower before having to rest again, no underlying health problems either.

Give me flu any day 

Glad you recovered. However reality is, and its absolute fact, flu is more dangerous AND causes greater illness than covid-19 for the vast majority of the population.

For some Covid-19 is very dangerous of course.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Good for you. Pleased it didn't hit you too hard.

Im also over 50, I'm not obese and no underlying health problems. But I was in hospital 5 nights. It's now 5 weeks since I was discharged and still having side effect health problems. For example I still can't walk properly.

Very little is yet known about this virus in terms of individual biomedical factors causing it to effect some more badly than others. Broad patterns have emerged, for sure, but at a far more nauanced, micro level there's a long way to go. There's also the possibility that some people are just unfortunate enough to cop a big dose of virus, and that this has an impact on severity. So count your lucky stars!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Im also over 50, I'm not obese and no underlying health problems. But I was in hospital 5 nights. It's now 5 weeks since I was discharged and still having side effect health problems. For example I still can't walk properly.

Very little is yet known about this virus in terms of individual biomedical factors causing it to effect some more badly than others. Broad patterns have emerged, for sure, but at a far more nauanced, micro level there's a long way to go. There's also the possibility that some people are just unfortunate enough to cop a big dose of virus, and that this has an impact on severity. So count your lucky stars!

Hope you recover fully soon.

It is this sort of real life experience that is not reflected in any stats at all.

Whilst all the talk is of death rates; there is a 'success' being ascribed to every 'non-death' that does not seem to reflect just what level of suffering has been experienced by some/many of those who have been through it and survived.

My anecdotal experience locally is that for quite a few this ranks as the worst experience of their life and nothing like a dose of flu. They are not getting back to normality quickly at all.

As one of the high risk people who are under 60 but will HAVE to return to work at some point. I will not be in a position to totally destroy my business by being shielded for longer than the 12 weeks and once the business grant is spent. And that will be scary.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Big Al said:

Glad you got over it. My ND advised me to increase my intake of Vitamins A, C, and D, along with Zinc and Selenium back in February to boost the immune system. Caught it in March, felt a bit rough for a day but was fine after that, but the other two in the house were ill for a fortnight. I lost my sense of smell and taste for a month, but that was a blessing in disguise with the wife's cooking :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Glad you got over it. My ND advised me to increase my intake of Vitamins A, C, and D, along with Zinc and Selenium back in February to boost the immune system. Caught it in March, felt a bit rough for a day but was fine after that, but the other two in the house were ill for a fortnight. I lost my sense of smell and taste for a month, but that was a blessing in disguise with the wife's cooking :)

Can’t believe your wife bothers cooking, she might just as well hand you your “vitamins” bottle!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Hope you recover fully soon.

It is this sort of real life experience that is not reflected in any stats at all.

Whilst all the talk is of death rates; there is a 'success' being ascribed to every 'non-death' that does not seem to reflect just what level of suffering has been experienced by some/many of those who have been through it and survived.

My anecdotal experience locally is that for quite a few this ranks as the worst experience of their life and nothing like a dose of flu. They are not getting back to normality quickly at all.

As one of the high risk people who are under 60 but will HAVE to return to work at some point. I will not be in a position to totally destroy my business by being shielded for longer than the 12 weeks and once the business grant is spent. And that will be scary.

Sounds terrible.

But, out of interest, have you ever been bed-ridden with flu for three weeks?  It’s not the “cold” that people make out!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Can’t believe your wife bothers cooking, she might just as well hand you your “vitamins” bottle!

I actually do a lot of the cooking, I value my health. Stepson would eat my Thai curries every night if he could, just hope her indoors never clocks these posts :neutral:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Sounds terrible.

But, out of interest, have you ever been bed-ridden with flu for three weeks?  It’s not the “cold” that people make out!

No, I never have had flu.

I have had my flu jab for the last few years.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Just asking, no agenda but did you have a test?