British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Its a con, it has always been touted as the number of tests carried out, now it seems we should all have known it wasn't that at all, for gods sake "its in the post" is now being used as an excuse by the government

Everything "a con" when the result is not what you wanted. B)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Do your homework. The methodology of collection this data has been set out before, and the figures today are consistant with how they have been recorder since day 1. :approve:  Regardless of your comments, even if you did take the postal ones away from the total, it's not a bad stab at 100,000. Starmer has already realised it was a very near hit, and has already indicated that it's not an issue he will be following up. Perhaps he is learning, could be a message for others.

No, Dave. The government has cheated.  Everyone knows it.

They haven’t “done” 100,000 tests and they haven’t tested 100,000 people.

Hancock has come under intense pressure over the 100,000-a-day target since making it. At the time, the government was clear that the figure represented the number of people having a test.

Click on the section in red to see that the government intended it to be 100,000 people.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Everything "a con" when the result is not what you wanted. B)

See above post

I would think that, it's in the governments interests to have as many tests as possible. Then that might produce more positive tests and,  keep numbers up. Also it might show that so many people have the virus, without knowing about it, but then might worry about something that they had never been bothered about before.

Edited by ruffdiamond

The count was never intended to be when the samples were tested but when the test was carried out. It was explained that with the postal tests advice was taken and that was that they be counted when the test was sent out.

That is reasonable as otherwise, a seperate recording system would be needed to record when the recipient carried out the test and then in many cases adding it to a previously announced total. 

In any event the total without the postal tests would probably have been close to or, have exceeded the target if, instead, as some seen to prefer, postal tests sent out previously but carried out by the recipient on the 30th April were included in the total for that day.

Much as it may upset some to acknowledge it, It was a remarkable achievement.

Edited by Aces51
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

The count was never intended to be when the samples were tested but when the test was carried out. It was explained that with the postal tests advice was taken and that was that they be counted when the test was sent out.

That is reasonable as otherwise, a seperate recording system would be needed to record when the recipient carried out the test and then in many cases adding it to a previously announced total. 

In any event the total without the postal tests would probably have been close to or, have exceeded the target if, instead, as some seen to prefer, postal tests sent out previously but carried out by the recipient on the 30th April were included in the total for that day.

Much as it may upset some to acknowledge it, It was a remarkable achievement.

Even if we fall for that explanation (which only a lunatic would), how about Downing Street confirming that it meant 100,000 people tested, not 100,000 tests on fewer people?

Even allowing for the limp “we’ve posted it so we can count it” excuse, only 73,000 people were tested.

We want a government that we can respect, one that uses genuine data to support honest arguments, proposals and conclusions, not one that twists them to manipulate the public.

• Like 1

I cannot begin to describe my loathing of these cretins who question and moan and complain about a Government which is trying its ar*e off to get us out of "the plague"

Just imagine the horror of a Government headed by CORBYN/McDONALL/ABBOTT.

These cretins have probably never had to run a company, never had any REAL responsibility, answerable to literally thousands of people.

I bear no love for the Governing party, but my loathing of the gripes, moans and questioning of these self important idiots literally knows no bounds.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, spiegal said:

I cannot begin to describe my loathing of these cretins who question and moan and complain about a Government which is trying its ar*e off to get us out of "the plague"

These cretins have probably never had to run a company, never had any REAL responsibility, answerable to literally thousands of people.

I bear no love for the Governing party, but my loathing of the gripes, moans and questioning of these self important idiots literally knows no bounds.

So, are you happy for the government to say anything and do anything without being questioned?

If so, you might consider living in China.

Otherwise, we still have a democracy and freedom of speech and a lot of those questioning the government are making very good points, certainly ones that could be more effective in saving lives, and indeed actually helping the government to move forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, spiegal said:

There will be plenty of people with no companies to run after this. Unlocked countries have all had lower death rates per million than the UK, and not destroyed their economies in the process. The link below gives the statistics in case you haven't seen it ...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

• Like 2

19 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Its a con, it has always been touted as the number of tests carried out, now it seems we should all have known it wasn't that at all, for gods sake "its in the post" is now being used as an excuse by the government

I hear from contacts in the transport business that a large number of home testing kits were delivered to the home of a Mr M Hancock on Thursday afternoon......

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I hear from contacts in the transport business that a large number of home testing kits were delivered to the home of a Mr M Hancock on Thursday afternoon......

Didn’t you see all the cotton buds sticking out of him when he turned to leave the lectern!  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"Greg" Hancock advises that there was 105,937 corona virus tests carried out on Friday.Twice in two days he's smashed the 100,000 figure. :o  What a man. But if you discount Thursdays figure, cos you don't want to believe it, he has beaten the target of 100,000 a day late. Shocking, there'll be people asking for his resignation now. :approve:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

"Greg" Hancock advises that there was 105,937 corona virus tests carried out on Friday.Twice in two days he's smashed the 100,000 figure. :o  What a man. But if you discount Thursdays figure, cos you don't want to believe it, he has beaten the target of 100,000 a day late. Shocking, there'll be people asking for his resignation now. :approve:

Not quite making the target, or making it a day or two late isn't really an issue.. or shouldn't be.

What many don't like is the manipulation of figures.

Simply be honest, say we're almost there, and within another day or so we will be there.

• Like 1