British Speedway Forum

On 5/4/2020 at 10:49 AM, cityrebel said:

My daughter came home on Wednesday showing symptoms. Because we are all key workers we booked a test straight away. We took the test on Thursday with minimal delays. The results came through in approximately 3 days. Thankfully the three of us were negative. A big thank you to the staff manning these sites and how efficiently they go about their business.

My household (me, wife, two kids) got a test done on Sunday a week back. I was very pleasantly surprised when on the Monday (a public holiday here in NZ) we had the results by mid-morning - so turnaround in under 24 hours, despite the public holiday.

Out of interest, in UK are they taking a nasal swab (have to say it was a pretty weird sensation having the swab up my nostril)

10 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

Out of interest, in UK are they taking a nasal swab (have to say it was a pretty weird sensation having the swab up my nostril)

Our government’s tests are based two-thirds on taking swabs and one third on taking the p*ss.  :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

My household (me, wife, two kids) got a test done on Sunday a week back. I was very pleasantly surprised when on the Monday (a public holiday here in NZ) we had the results by mid-morning - so turnaround in under 24 hours, despite the public holiday.

Yes, they are doing nasal and throat swabs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Well there’s good news and bad...

The good, Neil Ferguson has resigned from SAGE after some extra curricular “ modelling” with his married mistress, and Sweden have got their R rate down to 0.85 without lockdown....

The bad, Nicola Stalin promises 3 weeks more of house arrest, if Scotland’s pubs don’t open soon, we are going to turn into a nation of alcoholics.....?! 

Nicola trying to look one step ahead and doing the best for Scotland and by the next day has change her mind.(after being told it’s a UK government problem which Scotland is still part of).Wonder if an Independent Scotland
would have survived with our 30 dollar a barrel Oil revenue.:rolleyes:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Nicola trying to look one step ahead and doing the best for Scotland and by the next day has change her mind.(after being told it’s a UK government problem which Scotland is still part of).Wonder if an Independent Scotland
would have survived with our 30 dollar a barrel Oil revenue.:rolleyes:

Has she sorted out the Skye care home?

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Has she sorted out the Skye care home?

Sending Blackford in to sort it out.He will reckon it’s Westminster's fault though.:rolleyes: They should never have built that Bridge.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Sending Blackford in to sort it out.He will reckon it’s Westminster's fault though.:rolleyes: They should never have built that Bridge.:D

I think it was in yesterdays daily broadcast when Nicola said the Scotland's R rate was over 1, and implied some were higher and others below 1. That being true she will have to have a rethink, cos she and Scotland will not have met the 5 conditions when the rest of the UK gets some relief from lockdown on Sunday.

11 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I think it was in yesterdays daily broadcast when Nicola said the Scotland's R rate was over 1, and implied some were higher and others below 1. That being true she will have to have a rethink, cos she and Scotland will not have met the 5 conditions when the rest of the UK gets some relief from lockdown on Sunday.

She wants it to be over 1 just to be different ,to pretend she is doing it her way:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2020 at 11:41 PM, Fenway Bleachers said:

Well there’s good news and bad...

The good, Neil Ferguson has resigned from SAGE after some extra curricular “ modelling” with his married mistress, and Sweden have got their R rate down to 0.85 without lockdown....

The bad, Nicola Stalin promises 3 weeks more of house arrest, if Scotland’s pubs don’t open soon, we are going to turn into a nation of alcoholics.....?! 

Fear not - I hear the Monks down at Buckfast Abbey are still pushing out tankerloads of their elixir, and Iron Bru is in full production.

I see that the government is discussing exemption from 14 days isolation for international sports competitors, specifically footballers and F1 but maybe it will apply for speedway riders too?

12 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I see that the government is discussing exemption from 14 days isolation for international sports competitors, specifically footballers and F1 but maybe it will apply for speedway riders too?

Of course, and no doubt the 'rich'.

• Like 1

What are the guidelines in regard to SELF ISOLATION please. How, when and who should practice it? Thank you.

1 hour ago, gustix said:

What are the guidelines in regard to SELF ISOLATION please. How, when and who should practice it? Thank you.

53 days into lockdown and only now you ask! Where the heck have you been for the last 7 and a half weeks!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gustix said:

Thought all over- 70s, which you certainly are received a letter from the government explaining ?

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/coronavirus/coronavirus-guidance/social-distancing-and-self-isolation/

6 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Thought all over- 70s, which you certainly are received a letter from the government explaining ?

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/coronavirus/coronavirus-guidance/social-distancing-and-self-isolation/

Wasn’t it only the 1.5 million vulnerable people who received letters, not everyone over 70?

The over 70s who are not vulnerable (and diabetics who are not “vulnerable”) are merely classed as “high risk” but are told they can do exactly the same as a fit, healthy 35 year old.