British Speedway Forum

59 minutes ago, TB1 said:

14th july sounds positive and I guess that way we will know one way or the other. Unfortunately HM Government have done a splendid job of convincing most of the population that we are all going to die in a fire pit of hell that some tracks might struggle to get punters in. After it is already evidently clear that a great number of watering holes are close to collapse due to struggling numbers!

Watering holes are lot more popular than speedway tracks!

Spedeworth / Incarace are pleased to announce the first racing fixture back at Foxhall Heath Stadium, Ipswich will take place on Saturday 25th July 2020.

The event will feature the following:-

Unlimited National Bangers – BWS Round
National Hot Rods – 2020/21 World Qualifying Round 1

First race will start at 6.30pm.

Driver Bookings are being taken now by calling 01252 322920. When you book-in you must provide us the name(s) of the other person(s) who will be using your ticket(s) e.g. mechanics / family. If your crew includes extra people you must pay for them in advance with their names. Your crew cannot exceed the total of 6 people which must be your mechanics / pit crew and this rule has been put in place so you can bring your partner plus your children. You MUST pay for their tickets and include their names at the same time as booking-in. This is to coincide with the COVID-19 rules for track and trace. Your crew will be allowed within the area of the stadium allocated and will be permitted pit access. All other spectators will be located on the back straight and within the Spedeworth / Yokohama Grandstands and will not be permitted pit access.

Spectators will be permitted at this event. However, spectator admission will be limited by advanced ticket booking only and full details will be announced in due course once the ORCi have done the agreements and risk assessments with the local authorities. It is anticipated that spectators will be on the back straight and in the Spedeworth & Yokohama Grandstands whilst drivers and their crew members will be located on the turnstile bend and home straight. No spectators will be permitted to leave the stadium once entered except for leaving the stadium to go home.

Let’s go racing at Foxhall!!!

Stock cars ready to go........will be interesting to see what the H&S assessment is for the max capacity ......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've heard sales of wheelbarrow are going to go through the roof next year, as we will all need them to carry our cash when inflation goes through the roof!

20 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Spedeworth / Incarace are pleased to announce the first racing fixture back at Foxhall Heath Stadium, Ipswich will take place on Saturday 25th July 2020.

The event will feature the following:-

Unlimited National Bangers – BWS Round
National Hot Rods – 2020/21 World Qualifying Round 1

First race will start at 6.30pm.

Driver Bookings are being taken now by calling 01252 322920. When you book-in you must provide us the name(s) of the other person(s) who will be using your ticket(s) e.g. mechanics / family. If your crew includes extra people you must pay for them in advance with their names. Your crew cannot exceed the total of 6 people which must be your mechanics / pit crew and this rule has been put in place so you can bring your partner plus your children. You MUST pay for their tickets and include their names at the same time as booking-in. This is to coincide with the COVID-19 rules for track and trace. Your crew will be allowed within the area of the stadium allocated and will be permitted pit access. All other spectators will be located on the back straight and within the Spedeworth / Yokohama Grandstands and will not be permitted pit access.

Spectators will be permitted at this event. However, spectator admission will be limited by advanced ticket booking only and full details will be announced in due course once the ORCi have done the agreements and risk assessments with the local authorities. It is anticipated that spectators will be on the back straight and in the Spedeworth & Yokohama Grandstands whilst drivers and their crew members will be located on the turnstile bend and home straight. No spectators will be permitted to leave the stadium once entered except for leaving the stadium to go home.

Let’s go racing at Foxhall!!!

Stock cars ready to go........will be interesting to see what the H&S assessment is for the max capacity ......

Don't think speedway will have that problem

Will the happenings in Poland put promoters off even bothering to start ?

Seeing this on the British Speedway Website today ROBERT Lambert’s Speedway Euro Championship title bid is on hold – after Wednesday’s third round in Gniezno was postponed.

The Great Britain star is just two points behind series leader Leon Madsen, with the overall winner set to claim a Grand Prix place for next season.

However, Lambert is one of four SEC riders currently in isolation after a positive Covid-19 test was reported from a member of pits personnel at the Rybnik v Leszno fixture last Friday.

It means they must be tested negative next Monday, after the incubation period, in order to return to racing, with the SEC due to resume at Rybnik on July 22 and the re-staging at Gniezno the following day.

Surely we here in the UK have got to cancel all ideas of running this year, there is just to much uncertainty running rife.

5 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Seeing this on the British Speedway Website today ROBERT Lambert’s Speedway Euro Championship title bid is on hold – after Wednesday’s third round in Gniezno was postponed.

The Great Britain star is just two points behind series leader Leon Madsen, with the overall winner set to claim a Grand Prix place for next season.

However, Lambert is one of four SEC riders currently in isolation after a positive Covid-19 test was reported from a member of pits personnel at the Rybnik v Leszno fixture last Friday.

It means they must be tested negative next Monday, after the incubation period, in order to return to racing, with the SEC due to resume at Rybnik on July 22 and the re-staging at Gniezno the following day.

Surely we here in the UK have got to cancel all ideas of running this year, there is just to much uncertainty running rife.

More importantly for the league all riders from both teams have to self isolate......If this happens in the UK with a late start anyway, what chances are there of finishing the season orderly ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

More importantly for the league all riders from both teams have to self isolate......If this happens in the UK with a late start anyway, what chances are there of finishing the season orderly ?

It demonstrates more than ever what an utterly farcical situation has now been created when things grind to a halt so quickly.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

It demonstrates more than ever what an utterly farcical situation has now been created when things grind to a halt so quickly.

While I wouldn't disagree, it has been mentioned a number of times how British speedway seems to rely on the help of a lot of people in the section of society most at risk. Plus a lot of supporters seem to be as well. The riders themselves should have no trouble, even if they have got Covid

The big problem could also be with doubling up, riders that have to self-isolate riding for other teams, it all could 'spread' like wildfire, in that sense

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, iris123 said:

While I wouldn't disagree, it has been mentioned a number of times how British speedway seems to rely on the help of a lot of people in the section of society most at risk. Plus a lot of supporters seem to be as well. The riders themselves should have no trouble, even if they have got Covid

The big problem could also be with doubling up, riders that have to self-isolate riding for other teams, it all could 'spread' like wildfire, in that sense

As much as I want speedway to happen this year, as like all of us, I'm missing it very much, but as hard a decision it must be more for the promoters due to financial difficulties it might put them in, sense must prevail, and write the season off immediately, for the good of everybody. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

As much as I want speedway to happen this year, as like all of us, I'm missing it very much, but as hard a decision it must be more for the promoters due to financial difficulties it might put them in, sense must prevail, and write the season off immediately, for the good of everybody. 

I agree. I know one or two here have said they are willing to risk it and attend meetings, but quite honestly if you have a job and risk having to go into self isolation because someone at the meeting had tested positive as the ruling stands, it is a big risk. OK maybe if you are a pensioner. You can afford to, but a younger person ?

• Like 1

I'm one of those that would be prepared to gamble at my local tracks, but i sense by the lack of enthusiasm on here that i might be in the minority. I understand this, because i feel the same way about attending top flight football anytime soon.

40 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I'm one of those that would be prepared to gamble at my local tracks, but i sense by the lack of enthusiasm on here that i might be in the minority. I understand this, because i feel the same way about attending top flight football anytime soon.

Until fans find out what is going to be on offer regarding meaning fixtures and restrictions it’s hard to get enthusiastic, fans have not taken to well to Individual Meetings in the last number of seasons,that would maybe put some older fans from taking the risk. Its going to be a gamble for the Promotions if they get the green light.It will be interesting to see will actually run if they get the go ahead.

Edited by Fromafar

Its the hope that kills you really.

These promoters are going to need clarification by late july to be ready to go mid august.

The silence is deafening on the sporting with crowds front.

Ladbrokes/coral own 4 dog tracks, all 4 councils have been asked if crowds can return, 1 yes, 1 no and 2 abstentions so far have been the replys

Banger/stock car stadiums seem to be phasing spectators in over the next few weekends, as many share stadiums with speedway and get far larger crowds and far more competitors and mechanics. Things must be looking positive toward starting up speedway pretty soon.