British Speedway Forum

The goverment are now saying sports stadiums could open aagain in October which would rule out any racing in this country until next year..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, M.D said:

The goverment are now saying sports stadiums could open aagain in October which would rule out any racing in this country until next year..

Yet indoor theatre performances with a live audience is now allowable from August 1st....

(Announced this morning)

• Confused 1

Govt. don't go to watch stuff in stadia but do go to the theatre?

• Like 1

To me it sounds like trials in stadiums from 1st August. The size of our trials we should be included to trial crowds I  stadiums ready for football stadia to open in October 

9 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

To me it sounds like trials in stadiums from 1st August. The size of our trials we should be included to trial crowds I  stadiums ready for football stadia to open in October 

Cricket, snooker & horse racing according to the BBC.

9 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Them being the main sports. Wouldnt surprise me if speedway and other small forms of sport maybe included 

• Like 1

Look all you need to do with Boris is shout loud enough and he'll change his mind. What we need to do is start a campaign "we want to attend our sport stadiums", get it all over social media, get some mediocre premeirship footballer to vocally back it, have a segment on the Jeremy Vine show and within 30 minutes Boris will put out a release that he has done a U turn on attending sports stadia :) 

• Like 2

Trials are at a few venues for each type of sport.

A few cricket matches

A race meeting at Goodwood

A Snooker Tournament.

Speedway might apply for a few Trial Events?.

23 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

What's the difference between cricket and speedway - crowds similar size, outdoors. OK so, cricket is nothing to do with 3 teethed yocals and filthy motorbikes... Is there a class issue here? 

12 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Them being the main sports. Wouldnt surprise me if speedway and other small forms of sport maybe included 

Speedway is as big as tiddlywinks as far as the general public is concerned. The vast majoriry of people have never heard of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

What's the difference between cricket and speedway - crowds similar size, outdoors. OK so, cricket is nothing to do with 3 teethed yocals and filthy motorbikes... Is there a class issue here? 

A lack of knowledge issue more like. The powers that be, should be shouting from the rooftops.

• Like 1

See no reason why speedway can’t be included in the trial stage.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

One difference could be stadia with numbered seating ? If you book online (which seems likely) in a Cricket or Football  stadium, possible even at horse racing I think, you are allocated a numbered seat and so they generally know where you were and so if someone in your area is tested positive they can locate all those sitting nearby. That seems to be how it is working here in Germany in restaurants( you get a form where you have to put down which table you were sitting at and what time you arrived and left) and cinemas. As I said before, and looking at the speedway in Poland all a big mass in one area, it would be a nightmare for any promoter to try and track down 500 or 1,000 people.......

Edited by iris123

Snooker is indoors and is allowing fans for trials. So can only hope that speedway will be included. 

But as we know its the hope that kills you

• Like 1