British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I am cheered  by reading hte news in this weeks Speedway Star that sepctators are going to be allowed into speedway stadiums in Sweden.

The enterprising Swedish promoters have declared that their track restaurants will be open for business and will take bookings for meals to allow spectators to watch the racing.

This must be the way forward that the British  PRomoters were waiting for ... open up your trackside restaurants, start taking bookings and start racing.

Ah hang on ....... just thought you cannot see the racing from the "restaurant"  behind the pits at Eastbounre, nor from the "restaurant" under the grandstand at Sittingbourne.

How are other UK tracks fixed for a trackside dining experience?

NSS has the finest view anyone could wish for !!!

12 hours ago, BWitcher said:

So you say.. but the evidence says otherwise.

But go ahead.. comply.. comply.. comply and even worse.. beg for more. That always ends well, history has shown us that :)

Ok, whatever.  I am able to think for myself I log onto the 'net to share information and for fun, I don't get into spats.  I hope that neither you, or anyone you know or care about, gets infected with Covid-19, speaking from unfortunate experience, no-one, really (really) don't want to catch it.

Hope this statement doesn't include speedway but just read: "Boris says fans can enter stadiums (presumably football) in October"....

Edited by martinmauger
grammar
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Ok, whatever.  I am able to think for myself I log onto the 'net to share information and for fun, I don't get into spats.  I hope that neither you, or anyone you know or care about, gets infected with Covid-19, speaking from unfortunate experience, no-one, really (really) don't want to catch it.

Hope this statement doesn't include speedway but just read: "Boris says fans can enter stadiums (presumably football) in October"....

I had it, and compared to Influenza it was a walk in the park, just mild cold like symptoms. Herd immunity is the only way any virus goes away...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I had it, and compared to Influenza it was a walk in the park, just mild cold like symptoms. Herd immunity is the only way any virus goes away...

And that of course is why we no longer catch a cold or the flu.... Cos they've gone away 

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

But like everything one person has mild symptoms and the next has big problems. Saw a report that many have lung problems months afterwards. Another was a woman in her mid-30s could hardly make it a few hundreds years down the road. But I must admit I didn’t see if she had previous problems and wouldn’t be too surprised if she was putting it on for benefits etc

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

But like everything one person has mild symptoms and the next has big problems. Saw a report that many have lung problems months afterwards. Another was a woman in her mid-30s could hardly make it a few hundreds years down the road. But I must admit I didn’t see if she had previous problems and wouldn’t be too surprised if she was putting it on for benefits etc

That's often the same for any virus. Take care of the immune system and it will take care of you ...

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

That's often the same for any virus. Take care of the immune system and it will take care of you ...

Good advice, just like eating healthy or not drinking too much alcohol or smoking cigarettes is good advice. But a large % of the population ignore it and the health system has to cope with the consequences 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

That's nonsense. Whether someone gets or is more badly affected by a virus is extremely complex. There is no way to "look after your immune system" as if anything you do can change your biology. Equally, there is no evidence that eating more fruit makes you 'healthier'. Nutrition and health have basic links only. 

42 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

That's nonsense. Whether someone gets or is more badly affected by a virus is extremely complex. There is no way to "look after your immune system" as if anything you do can change your biology. Equally, there is no evidence that eating more fruit makes you 'healthier'. Nutrition and health have basic links only. 

I'll leave you with your delusions and stupidity, i have no time for blind ignorance...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, martinmauger said:

May well have had it, as the vast majority of the time you don't even know.

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

To an extent.. but more accurately you should say something along the lines of 50 have no symptoms, 45 have mild symptoms.. and the next one has big problems.

17 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I am cheered  by reading hte news in this weeks Speedway Star that sepctators are going to be allowed into speedway stadiums in Sweden.

The enterprising Swedish promoters have declared that their track restaurants will be open for business and will take bookings for meals to allow spectators to watch the racing.

This must be the way forward that the British  PRomoters were waiting for ... open up your trackside restaurants, start taking bookings and start racing.

Ah hang on ....... just thought you cannot see the racing from the "restaurant"  behind the pits at Eastbounre, nor from the "restaurant" under the grandstand at Sittingbourne.

How are other UK tracks fixed for a trackside dining experience?

there isn't a trackside dining experience at leicetsre lions unless you include alis burger bar which taste like worn out tyres

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

there isn't a trackside dining experience at leicetsre lions unless you include alis burger bar which taste like worn out tyres

The burgers at derwent park were allways good value, u could still taste them 3 days later !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieb1 said:

I've never tasted one being a vegetarian, but I've seen quite a few thrown in the bin after a couple of mouth falls during my visits there.  I did try their so called chips once, and they most certainly finished up in the bin.  Dry & tasteless....horrible.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blupanther said:

I once had the 'flu jab', it worked spent 5 days in bed with the flu, never again.  You are kinda right in that if a person caught full-on Covid-19 they might well not be aware, but they also could be 'out of it' for weeks.  Without going into details I know of folk aged 9 - 80 whose condition ranged from 100% flu symptoms with trembling hot & cold flushes & extreme dizziness for 3 days, then 2 weeks, same for a few weeks, bed-ridden for 5 weeks, 10 weeks in a coma to passing away; scarily at the time none had any underlying life-affecting health conditions and could be considered fit & healthy.  I suffer from asthma so if I become infected it could well be 'curtains', so I've masked up since since March, we make our own decisions and hopefully live to tell the tale....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling
  • Like 2