British Speedway Forum

11 hours ago, martinmauger said:

I once had the 'flu jab', it worked spent 5 days in bed with the flu, never again.  You are kinda right in that if a person caught full-on Covid-19 they might well not be aware, but they also could be 'out of it' for weeks.  Without going into details I know of folk aged 9 - 80 whose condition ranged from 100% flu symptoms with trembling hot & cold flushes & extreme dizziness for 3 days, then 2 weeks, same for a few weeks, bed-ridden for 5 weeks, 10 weeks in a coma to passing away; scarily at the time none had any underlying life-affecting health conditions and could be considered fit & healthy.  I suffer from asthma so if I become infected it could well be 'curtains', so I've masked up since since March, we make our own decisions and hopefully live to tell the tale....

Incedentally the 80yr old isn't / wasn't the 10-week coma victim nor the poor soul who passed away, kinda explains my keeness for self-protection.

So speedway then; following on from the lobbed tea-pot incident, I recall reading of a disputed Golden Helmet match race when said helmet finished up being dropped-kicked across the centre green....

Edited by martinmauger
correction
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, martinmauger said:

I once had the 'flu jab', it worked spent 5 days in bed with the flu, never again.  You are kinda right in that if a person caught full-on Covid-19 they might well not be aware, but they also could be 'out of it' for weeks.  Without going into details I know of folk aged 9 - 80 whose condition ranged from 100% flu symptoms with trembling hot & cold flushes & extreme dizziness for 3 days, then 2 weeks, same for a few weeks, bed-ridden for 5 weeks, 10 weeks in a coma to passing away; scarily at the time none had any underlying life-affecting health conditions and could be considered fit & healthy.  I suffer from asthma so if I become infected it could well be 'curtains', so I've masked up since since March, we make our own decisions and hopefully live to tell the tale....

And the odds of that must been in their thousands. You surely must know a group of the unluckiest people in the world as to fall into the categories you describe the chances are so infinitely small.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BWitcher said:

And the odds of that must been in their thousands. You surely must know a group of the unluckiest people in the world as to fall into the categories you describe the chances are so infinitely small.

You'd think but scarily no, I've heard a few similar tales so maybe Hull / East Yorkshire is a higher risk area than thought, hence me & family always masked up in public....

Edited by martinmauger
added info
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Incedentally the 80yr old isn't / wasn't the 10-week coma victim nor the poor soul who passed away, kinda explains my keeness for self-protection.

So speedway then; following on from the lobbed tea-pot incident, I recall reading of a disputed Golden Helmet match race when said helmet finished up being dropped-kicked across the centre green....

I re-collect the story when John Berry and Ron Bagley produced a tape measure and proceeded to measure the width of the Hull track in front of baying "Vikings" fans. The track was apparently a bit skinny and Ian Thomas used a shortened tape measure to get it passed by the Control Board?

On 7/19/2020 at 8:56 AM, SharpenRake said:

And that of course is why we no longer catch a cold or the flu.... Cos they've gone away 

;)

Except that Flu killed more people than Covid19 last week. ;)

9 hours ago, martinmauger said:

You'd think but scarily no, I've heard a few similar tales so maybe Hull / East Yorkshire is a higher risk area than thought, hence me & family always masked up in public....

Tales being the operative word there.

58 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Tales being the operative word there.

I'm no fan of Covid-19 at all and talk from first hand experience and that of others I know.  You don't appear to consider the pandemic as being much of a threat and / or is being exaggrerated and you obviously don't believe me but you know what, I just don't care....

Edited by martinmauger
grammar
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

I'm no fan of Covid-19 at all and talk from first hand experience and that of others I know.  You don't appear to consider the pandemic as being much of a threat and / or is being exaggrerated and you obviously don't believe me but you know what, I just don't care....

Of course it's a threat, it's a threat to the businesses/jobs/livelihoods of millions of people, not to mention their lives, partially from the virus, although that is receding rapidly, but also the knock on effects.

Much of that caused by people perpetuating myths, scaremongering and running around like lapdogs, begging to have more and more restrictions imposed upon them.

As for all these people you claim to know and others you have been told about, I've simply stated you must have the unluckiest group of friends in the world.. the chances of that happening are akin to getting six numbers on the lottery.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

As for all these people you claim to know and others you have been told about, I've simply stated you must have the unluckiest group of friends in the world.. the chances of that happening are akin to getting six numbers on the lottery.

Try telling that to the families or friends of the dead, or seriously affected across the UK and the world. I'm sure they'll sympathise fully with your dismissals.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stewmac said:

Try telling that to the families or friends of the dead, or seriously affected across the UK and the world. I'm sure they'll sympathise fully with your dismissals.

Not a dismissal.

It's a fact. He must have some of the unluckiest friends possible.

Edited by BWitcher

22 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Despite what others have said I know of quite a few in this area who will never have another flu jab, as they suffered a "reaction" to the one they had had. In this  area also doctors were quite

open in admitting that several of their patients suffered  skin problems following a flu jab

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Despite what others have said I know of quite a few in this area who will never have another flu jab, as they suffered a "reaction" to the one they had had. In this  area also doctors were quite

open in admitting that several of their patients suffered  skin problems following a flu jab

Funny but I had my first ever flu jab during this last winter...never felt the needle go in and was told that my arm would probably ache for a couple of days. No reaction at all...when I next saw the pharmacist she asked if I had had a reaction and I retorted whether she had infact injected me!

Someone should direct Chris Whitty to this post considering all the corona virus experts we have here... 

Edited by Ben91
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2