British Speedway Forum

If speedway gets going next year even with the corona virus still around what will happen if there is a local outbreak and there is a localised shutdown?  What will happen if the club involved cannot complete there fixtures next season due to it, will they be penalised or fined ? Worst still what happens if the shutdown results in the club closing down do the BSPA have a emergency fund to help out in this situation. So many questions that the clubs might want answered before putting pen to paper for 2021.  This Corona virus  is here to stay for a while yet.

49 minutes ago, tonyd said:

If speedway gets going next year even with the corona virus still around what will happen if there is a local outbreak and there is a localised shutdown?  What will happen if the club involved cannot complete there fixtures next season due to it, will they be penalised or fined ? Worst still what happens if the shutdown results in the club closing down do the BSPA have a emergency fund to help out in this situation. So many questions that the clubs might want answered before putting pen to paper for 2021.  This Corona virus  is here to stay for a while yet.

I was thinking the same thing about the SON, due to be staged at Belle Vue in October. 

The pilot sports events with crowds this weekend (cricket & goodwood) have been cancelled by Boris.

And yet there's an indoors snooker competition going ahead with spectators, its bloody rediculous how all this is being handled! 

I've said on other threads that with your average speedway crowd it would be so easy to social distance it's unreal. 

29 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

And yet there's an indoors snooker competition going ahead with spectators, its bloody rediculous how all this is being handled! 

I've said on other threads that with your average speedway crowd it would be so easy to social distance it's unreal. 

But you forget it's not just the spectators, to run a meeting has to have loads of volunteers, which is fine, but speedway being what it is, just take Danny for instance riding for Ipswich and Poole, Monday he and his mechanic are riding for Poole and some oik has the virus, known or unknown, Danny then unknowingly brings it to ipswich and bingo everyone has to self isolate for 14 days. Well some volunteers have jobs, who will pay them whilst they have to self isolate, in my case my son's company would probably have to close as there are only 10 people working and if he has to isolate so would they.

I have no idea what the answer is, but quite frankly there is no way speedway could have started here under the same rules as before, possibly the riders could only ride for the one team, but then you get as now, Leicester and Manchester in lockdown again and that throws the whole thing out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Badge said:

But you forget it's not just the spectators, to run a meeting has to have loads of volunteers, which is fine, but speedway being what it is, just take Danny for instance riding for Ipswich and Poole, Monday he and his mechanic are riding for Poole and some oik has the virus, known or unknown, Danny then unknowingly brings it to ipswich and bingo everyone has to self isolate for 14 days. Well some volunteers have jobs, who will pay them whilst they have to self isolate, in my case my son's company would probably have to close as there are only 10 people working and if he has to isolate so would they.

I have no idea what the answer is, but quite frankly there is no way speedway could have started here under the same rules as before, possibly the riders could only ride for the one team, but then you get as now, Leicester and Manchester in lockdown again and that throws the whole thing out.

The answer is people need to start voicing their objection to the ridiculous totalitarian restrictions being put in place.

At a time when less people are dying in the UK than they have in the last five years.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

The answer is people need to start voicing their objection to the ridiculous totalitarian restrictions being put in place.

At a time when less people are dying in the UK than they have in the last five years.

Word is a lot are happy living in this new world of leisure and are happy with the way the world is going 

1 hour ago, Badge said:

very good points :t:

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

This is the sort of stupidity that fuels the hotspots currently being forced to lockdown because of their poor behaviour. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

This is the sort of stupidity that fuels the hotspots currently being forced to lockdown because of their poor behaviour. 

Because of their 'poor behaviour'.

Just listen to yourself!

So utterly indoctrinated. 

Putting aside of course that I have at no stage suggested that guidelines should not be complied with.

From a personal point of view, i am doing nothing different than i was at the height of the lockdown. I social distance, regularly wash my hands, wear a mask when required and avoid crowded places. It's not rocket science, is it?

• Like 5