British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

From a personal point of view, i am doing nothing different than i was at the height of the lockdown. I social distance, regularly wash my hands, wear a mask when required and avoid crowded places. It's not rocket science, is it?

Flu is a bigger killer. Can i presume you did the same every influenza season...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Flu is a bigger killer. Can i presume you did the same every influenza season...

Being a key worker that works with vulnerable children, i just follow the rules. In my job i have to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

The glaring issue there being guidelines are not complied with by many in the population..

You cant get people to stick to speed limits clearly sign posted so you've no chance to get them to follow 'self responsibility' guidelines.. 

"Not going to happen to me/I will be fine/These rules are for others, not me" is the mantra of many...

And you also have to consider that many in the country are inherently thick so dont even understand what is going on around them..

Hence beaches are crammed full when the sun comes out, shops still have people entering without masks, and pubs are full of people sat next to each other when the "beer kicks in" and their worries and inhibitions are lost..

Whilst all this exists, the virus will always find a receptive host.. 

Incorrect again.

The deaths involving flu/pneuomonia have continued along their normal levels. There has been no dramatic drop (barely a drop at all) regardless of all the restrictions... whilst Covid deaths have plummeted.

Had these restrictions been as effective as is claimed, flu/pneumonia deaths would have fallen as well. It is a virus that transmits in exactly the same way.. but we are told, not as easily!

Week Ending July 17th, death certificates involving Covid were 295... flu/pneumonia was over 1100.

There should be no worries and inhibitions because deaths are at their lowest point in the last five years.

On 7/19/2020 at 11:46 AM, davieb1 said:

there isn't a trackside dining experience at leicetsre lions unless you include alis burger bar which taste like worn out tyres

Ali must have a franchise at Swindon;)

• Like 1

indiscipline & an I'm all right Jack attitude are the biggest danger to all of our future. it's easy to blame any number of things but when you are advised to stay home how many of us found an excuse to go somewhere we didn't need to be & qualified it with "well it's only once" I'll be OK. Look at our own Prime minister stood outside Number 10 telling the nation to stay indoors, The Queen gave the same advice from her study. Days later Boris is in a Hospital bed but 94 year old Betty from Windsor is doing well.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Technik said:

but 94 year old Betty from Windsor is doing well.

but still managed to decamp from Buck house to Windsor Castle and then more recently to Balmoral B)

Have a look on YouTube at the social distancing going on at King's Lynn stock cars last saturday. Can anyone explain to me how this is allowed, when other spectator sports have been shut down.

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The whole population of Kings Lynn shares the same bloodline so count as one 'bubble' ;)

Oi, my Aunty lives there !!!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Technik said:

indiscipline & an I'm all right Jack attitude are the biggest danger to all of our future. it's easy to blame any number of things but when you are advised to stay home how many of us found an excuse to go somewhere we didn't need to be & qualified it with "well it's only once" I'll be OK. Look at our own Prime minister stood outside Number 10 telling the nation to stay indoors, The Queen gave the same advice from her study. Days later Boris is in a Hospital bed but 94 year old Betty from Windsor is doing well.

Yeah, all this indiscipline has caused the deaths to go down and down and down.

Latest official figures, week ending 24th July:

Death Certificate with Covid: 217 (down from 295 previous week)

Death Certificate with flu/pneumona: 1173 (up from previous week).

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Have a look on YouTube at the social distancing going on at King's Lynn stock cars last saturday. Can anyone explain to me how this is allowed, when other spectator sports have been shut down.

Its an amateur sport they are watching which does not count so anything goes and it is probably no more than four or five extended families from the same street added to which you have an amateur running the stadium. Then you have a government which does not know Norfolk exists and is under the radar and when Corona virus found out what this part of the world is like, it turned tail and headed for the Midlands. Hope that helps.

4 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Its an amateur sport they are watching which does not count so anything goes and it is probably no more than four or five extended families from the same street added to which you have an amateur running the stadium. Then you have a government which does not know Norfolk exists and is under the radar and when Corona virus found out what this part of the world is like, it turned tail and headed for the Midlands. Hope that helps.

It's a good job that the bug only infects 'professional' people, otherwise we could end up with a second wave!

• Like 2

It is a strange one with Stox. I was watching a  little ice hockey. Stanley Cup. One of the big sporting events, which seems to have been moved to two Canadian cities and being played out without any fans. Obviously indoors and probably can afford it with all the sponsorship and tv money. But how Bangers gets away with that I have no idea. They will be in trouble though if anything can be traced back to their events

• Like 1

There were a lot of complaints this week about mondays meeting at Taunton, lack of social distancing and no masks.

Apparantly Ipswich felt far "safer" on the sat night.

But it seems its not just one or two local authorities allowing it, nearly all active tracks have hosted meetings, those that haven't, have them planned for the upcoming weeks.

There's a local "Bangers" circuit near to Kirk Hammerton just outside York where I've seen no evidence, as yet, of any meetings being planned?