British Speedway Forum

I see a whole slew of baseball matches have been cancelled after two large (and unconnected?) outbreaks. Miami Marlins (19 cases) and St Louis Cards (13 cases) are both going to struggle to make up the missed matches.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:15 PM, BWitcher said:

The answer is people need to start voicing their objection to the ridiculous totalitarian restrictions being put in place.

At a time when less people are dying in the UK than they have in the last five years.

This just goes to prove how effective government propaganda can be? Unfortunately large swaves of the population will currently believe any ole crap that is peddled by Downing street.

I'm not being flippant but surely if a virus WAS as deadly as stated that why are not permanently under house arrest? Not popping to the shops for a sandwich etc but proper locked down, where you are not allowed to leave your house for anything. 

I afraid we've been sold a dud and it's working!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TB1 said:

This just goes to prove how effective government propaganda can be? Unfortunately large swaves of the population will currently believe any ole crap that is peddled by Downing street.

I'm not being flippant but surely if a virus WAS as deadly as stated that why are not permanently under house arrest? Not popping to the shops for a sandwich etc but proper locked down, where you are not allowed to leave your house for anything. 

So we die of starvation??

On 8/5/2020 at 8:34 AM, arnieg said:

I see a whole slew of baseball matches have been cancelled after two large (and unconnected?) outbreaks. Miami Marlins (19 cases) and St Louis Cards (13 cases) are both going to struggle to make up the missed matches.

No prizes for guessing how many of those will end up actually being ill... 

9 hours ago, Skodaman said:

So we die of starvation??

Nope the army will deliver a food parcel to your door.And yes people in food production would work, just that food would be rationed.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:37 AM, iris123 said:

Oi, my Aunty lives there !!!

That figures :P ;)

• Sad 1

On 8/6/2020 at 2:23 AM, TB1 said:

Nearly 50K deaths so far, and you think that it is not deadly. imagine the real death figure if we were told to ignore it and let it run its course.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Nearly 50K deaths so far, and you think that it is not deadly. imagine the real death figure if we were told to ignore it and let it run its course.

It's already been admitted the real death figure is lower.

The excess deaths in the UK are now lower than they were for flu in 2017/18. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The way things are going, I can see a massive impact on next season too with crowds in stadiums..

1 hour ago, M.D said:

The way things are going, I can see a massive impact on next season too with crowds in stadiums..

The bar that has been set means there can never be crowds in stadiums again.

Until the government admits they were wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, BWitcher said:

It's already been admitted the real death figure is lower.

The excess deaths in the UK are now lower than they were for flu in 2017/18. 

Because of the precautions taken

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Because of the precautions taken

Bless. 

Sadly, flu/pneumonia figures haven't fallen, in fact they've remained fluctuating around their normal levels.. 

So the precautions have been shown to have done nothing to stop the spread of viruses.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, Tsunami said:

Numbers and figures are often manipulated by various organisations. Indeed on average 1300 people die in England every days of all causes. Unfortunately the government chose not to make that clear. I draw my own opinions and not what 'our' media wants us to believe.

• Like 7

On 8/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, Tsunami said:

No one will ever know, the only near thing to that is Sweden, and they have a lower death rate per million people than we have

If it had been done, we would have had to really put a ring of steel around the vulnerable, not the pretend one the government said we did

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1