British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

The lockdown is not the cause of this, the Covid virus is.  As for appointments, I don't know anyone who has had an appointment for a life threatening condition cancelled or has had trouble being seen by a medical professional throughout the pandemic.  I DO know folk (myself included) who have had appointments cancelled and have now all been rescheduled - but none for serious or life threatening conditions.  Nothing to deny about that whatsoever.

Of course lockdown has caused deaths, but that is largely due to the fear of the individual in many cases.  Care homes are an obvious exception to this for the well publicised reasons.

Wrong again, because if we didn't have the lockdown and all the restrictions people wouldn't be scared of a virus that is involved in 1/6th of the deaths of flu/pneumonia.

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

No you haven't.

You can't provide any evidence because they are viruses that transmit in EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. As confirmed by every medical body on the planet.

Nobody is talking about how they 'behave'. The discussion is about how they transmit.

Although if you want to go down that route, we're told Covid-19 is more deadly.. so you'd be on to a losing argument there as well.

Can't be bothered any more, you are a closed obsessed book.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

And I could post a number of studies from other sources which contradict this...and they're not published in the daily mail!

Go ahead... although, please note that I haven't referenced the Daily Mail in respect to how influenza and Covid-19 are transmitted.

3 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Can't be bothered any more, you are a closed obsessed book.

Of course you can't.. you never can.

You turn up, talk some nonsense with nothing whatsoever to back it up.. and when challenged to provide it.. you don't want to talk anymore.

I'm not closed at all, I'm here willing to discuss.. open always to new information. 

You're the one who constantly wants to shut down conversation.

Now provide the evidence that flu and Covid-19 transmit in a very different way.

Edited by BWitcher

Just now, BWitcher said:

Of course you can't.. you never can.

You turn up, talk some nonsense with nothing whatsoever to back it up.. and when challenged to provide it.. you don't want to talk anymore.

I can and I have.  You just go on and on and on posting stuff you've found on the web which justifies and 'backs up' your opinion.

You're whole agenda is based upon media stories, internet news articles, published numbers on various web sites etc etc.  It's not based upon any kind of personal knowledge or expertise.  It's like a hobby for you.  God knows how much time you spend trawling the web for yet another article you feel is relevant to your OPINION which you can post on here.

I would be happy to discuss things with someone who is open to other folks points of view and opinions.  However that someone is not you.

Good luck with your crusade, the rest of us will spend our precious time (and that's what it is at the moment) doing more constructive things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

I can and I have.  You just go on and on and on posting stuff you've found on the web which justifies and 'backs up' your opinion.

You're whole agenda is based upon media stories, internet news articles, published numbers on various web sites etc etc.  It's not based upon any kind of personal knowledge or expertise.  It's like a hobby for you.  God knows how much time you spend trawling the web for yet another article you feel is relevant to your OPINION which you can post on here.

I would be happy to discuss things with someone who is open to other folks points of view and opinions.  However that someone is not you.

Good luck with your crusade, the rest of us will spend our precious time (and that's what it is at the moment) doing more constructive things.

Still waiting.

Provide me the evidence that influenza and Covid-19 do not transmit in the same way. 

All this time you've spent waffling, you could have done it by now.

You won't, because you can't. Every post is the same.....  endless waffle with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Whereas I CAN back up what I say.. as follows:

From the CDC: (Center for Disease Control and prevention)

HOW IT SPREADS

Both COVID-19 and flu can spread from person-to-person, between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet). Both are spread mainly by droplets made when people with the illness (COVID-19 or flu) cough, sneeze, or talk. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

It may be possible that a person can get infected by physical human contact (e.g. shaking hands) or by touching a surface or object that has virus on it and then touching his or her own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.

Both flu virus and the virus that causes COVID-19 may be spread to others by people before they begin showing symptoms, with very mild symptoms or who never developed symptoms (asymptomatic).

Differences

While COVID-19 and flu viruses are thought to spread in similar ways, COVID-19 is more contagious among certain populations and age groups than flu. Also, COVID-19 has been observed to have more superspreading events than flu. This means the virus that causes COVID-19 can quickly and easily spread to a lot of people and result in continuous spreading among people as time progresses.

Meanwhile the WHO tells us:

How are COVID-19 and influenza viruses similar?

Firstly, COVID-19 and influenza viruses have a similar disease presentation. That is, they both cause respiratory disease, which presents as a wide range of illness from asymptomatic or mild through to severe disease and death.

Secondly, both viruses are transmitted by contact, droplets and fomites. As a result, the same public health measures, such as hand hygiene and good respiratory etiquette (coughing into your elbow or into a tissue and immediately disposing of the tissue), are important actions all can take to prevent infection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So again chris4gillian, let's see your evidence that says both the CDC and WHO are wrong about how the two viruses spread.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

So as expected, once again it is you who refuses to discuss, you who shuts down the conversation and you who cannot provide any evidence to back up your 'opinion'.

You even now take offence at someone providing sourced reasoning and facts!

You're not happy to discuss things, you've been given ample opportunity..  you're simply incapable and prefer to throw your toys out and storm off we've the old "I've got better things to do" line...  

Until the next time you pop up that is.

• Confused 1

Is it just me or is this behaviour just beyond bizarre... I genuinely think this guy needs help. Does anybody on this forum actually know BWitcher in person? Because I think you need to carry out an intervention. I can't make up my mind whether he's a bully or mentally ill, maybe a bit of both. PLEASE! this guy needs your help.

BWitcher I plead with you, please go see a doctor... when the NHS reopens of course

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

No hospital 'effectively' shut at any point throughout the lockdown.  Yes a lot of hospital staff were redeployed to assist with the number of Covid patients, however essential appointments and life threatening treatments continued.  It was only because folk were in fear of going to hospital (many still are) which meant that a high number of treatments didn't take place.  That was a personal choice each individual made.  The Government have continually stated throughout the pandemic that hospitals are open for all treatments unless you have been notified otherwise.  I had a hospital appointment in May which I was firstly informed would be carried over the phone instead of attending in person and then a week later it was cancelled all together.  This wasn't a concern as it wasn't for anything life threatening.  However if it was, do you think it would have been cancelled?

We have been into hospital twice in the past couple of weeks (kids, who'd have 'em?) and have felt safe on both occasions.  However I still know some that are scared to go...which is their prerogative.

As for the Covid v Flu argument, I have previously posted evidence which explains the differences and why the behave differently .  I haven't got the time or the inclination to trawl through pages and pages  to find it as I'm not obsessed with Covid and I haven't got the man hours available (like some) to be on this forum countless times a day every day.

I'm sorry but you're totally wrong about hospitals.Once lockdown was announced, all cancer screenings were suspended, routine diagnostic work deferred and only urgent symptomatic cases were seen. All non Covid NHS services were decreased or ceased and staff moved to Covid wards.

As I said in my original post we all know that early diagnosis and treatment is essential in beating cancer; what effect do you think stopping screening and diagnostic work had? Back in early July the Health Care Research Hub for Cancer estimated that 7,000 extra people at best, 35.000 at worst will die this year alone due to missed cancer treatments because of lockdown. The 'optimistic' figure was based on the hope that things will return to normal quickly. Sadly this hasn't happened. In my area cancer referrals are still 37% down on this time last year, in fact it's down in every area.

I've banged on about cancer a few times over the past few months. I've lost family and friends to it, I'm sure you have to, in fact every single forum member will have lost someone close to them through this horrible illness. We've also all probably had a loved one diagnosed late or tragically, too late which is why screening is essential. Not rocket science, but clearly beyond the wit of this government. The lockdown has been a needless death sentence for thousands of people, killed so they can instead concentrate on a virus that in up to 80% of cases the person doesn't even know he's got it.

To hammer home the point, read the attached report from the lancet about excess cancer deaths due to lockdown. Sobering reading. Then look up 'Transmission' in the dictionary. You clearly do not understand what it means.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc/article/PIIS1470-2045(20)30388-0/fulltext

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, iainb said:

Is it just me or is this behaviour just beyond bizarre... I genuinely think this guy needs help. Does anybody on this forum actually know BWitcher in person? Because I think you need to carry out an intervention. I can't make up my mind whether he's a bully or mentally ill, maybe a bit of both. PLEASE! this guy needs your help.

BWitcher I plead with you, please go see a doctor... when the NHS reopens of course

He HAS to have the last word....can't help himself. Must spend the whole day trawling the web for articles to post links to as he's obsessed with Covid and how lockdown doesn't work even though every affected country in the world has locked down to some extent.  I'm not responding to any more of his posts as it's a waste of time and effort.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Shrub said:

I'm sorry but you're totally wrong about hospitals.Once lockdown was announced, all cancer screenings were suspended, routine diagnostic work deferred and only urgent symptomatic cases were seen. All non Covid NHS services were decreased or ceased and staff moved to Covid wards.

As I said in my original post we all know that early diagnosis and treatment is essential in beating cancer; what effect do you think stopping screening and diagnostic work had? Back in early July the Health Care Research Hub for Cancer estimated that 7,000 extra people at best, 35.000 at worst will die this year alone due to missed cancer treatments because of lockdown. The 'optimistic' figure was based on the hope that things will return to normal quickly. Sadly this hasn't happened. In my area cancer referrals are still 37% down on this time last year, in fact it's down in every area.

I've banged on about cancer a few times over the past few months. I've lost family and friends to it, I'm sure you have to, in fact every single forum member will have lost someone close to them through this horrible illness. We've also all probably had a loved one diagnosed late or tragically, too late which is why screening is essential. Not rocket science, but clearly beyond the wit of this government. The lockdown has been a needless death sentence for thousands of people, killed so they can instead concentrate on a virus that in up to 80% of cases the person doesn't even know he's got it.

To hammer home the point, read the attached report from the lancet about excess cancer deaths due to lockdown. Sobering reading. Then look up 'Transmission' in the dictionary. You clearly do not understand what it means.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc/article/PIIS1470-2045(20)30388-0/fulltext

You raise some fair points but I personally know some health professionals who say differently ref. treatments for life threatening conditions including cancer.

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

He HAS to have the last word....can't help himself. Must spend the whole day trawling the web for articles to post links to as he's obsessed with Covid and how lockdown doesn't work even though every affected country in the world has locked down to some extent.  I'm not responding to any more of his posts as it's a waste of time and effort.

I'm not even sure he's a Speedway fan. I can't recall seeing him post anywhere about speedway other than bullying somebody about Tai Woffinden once. I soon became uncomfortable about contributing on that topic as he was acting like he thought he was some kind of Perry Mason lawyer character constantly posting "facts" and "evidence" etc. against somebody's "opinion"

With his socially retarded obsessive posts I suspect he's somewhere on the Autism spectrum, so I should probably cut him some slack. With his obsession it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't have another account in a different name so he can agree with himself.

It truly is bizarre and a little bit sad

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm not even sure he's a Speedway fan. I can't recall seeing him post anywhere about speedway other than bullying somebody about Tai Woffinden once. I soon became uncomfortable about contributing on that topic as he was acting like he thought he was some kind of Perry Mason lawyer character constantly posting "facts" and "evidence" etc. against somebody's "opinion"

With his socially retarded obsessive posts I suspect he's somewhere on the Autism spectrum, so I should probably cut him some slack. With his obsession it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't have another account in a different name so he can agree with himself.

It truly is bizarre and a little bit sad

We are all on the Autism spectrum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

You've been given multiple opportunities to provide the evidence you claim you have that influenza transmits differently to Covid-19 and is therefore immune to lockdown.

You can't because you haven't got it. 

Putting your fingers in your ears and refusing to respond just shows you up further.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

We are all on the Autism spectrum.

"Autism spectrum disorder is a condition related to brain development that impacts how a person perceives and socializes with others, causing problems in social interaction and communication. The disorder also includes limited and repetitive patterns of behavior. The term "spectrum" in autism spectrum disorder refers to the wide range of symptoms and severity."

• Like 1